> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Erik, have you eve tried to build arpeggios based on more complex chord structures? It's kind of the same thing smile.gif

Start by adding a M7 to the major shapes that you already have biggrin.gif In this way, you won't have to learn new shapes, just ADD a new note to the shapes that you already know tongue.gif

Try to go through them using 16th notes, 8th notes, sextuplets all the rhythmic subdivisions smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 11 2012, 11:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
sounds good smile.gif But I will need some asstiance, and more direct orders what to do each day / week smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Mate - first task:

1) Find all of your 3 note C, G, D, F major arpeggio shapes
2) Add a M7 to each shape
3) Play them using 16th notes at 70 BPM

Step four, after you send me a recording tongue.gif

Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 12 2012, 07:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
deal wink.gif
Btw got to say, making that deal on a that demo-product esp horizon was the best thing i have ever done!
amazing guitar... I thought my Ibanez was so good now I cant barely play it!

Low action, great control and sound with 0.10 gauge

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
I am glad you like it man! Congrats wink.gif Show me some pics, will ya?

And also, maybe a little movie with arpeggios, based on your latest tasks? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 13 2012, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
So, Im going to play major 7th arpeggios?
Or do you mean add the minor 7th note?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2012, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 13 2012, 04:31 PM) *
So, Im going to play major 7th arpeggios?
Or do you mean add the minor 7th note?

First add the M7 mate - just like I've said in the post above wink.gif

But try to see the note as an addition to what you already know, rather than thinking of a completely new different shape, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 13 2012, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah but is M7 minor or major seven?
Or am I getting it all wrong now..

For example, you want me to play a C Major arpeggio, thus meaning we have 1st, 3rd and 5th note.. and then I add the seventh note in the scale and play a major 7th arpeggio?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2012, 07:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 13 2012, 06:18 PM) *
Yeah but is M7 minor or major seven?
Or am I getting it all wrong now..

For example, you want me to play a C Major arpeggio, thus meaning we have 1st, 3rd and 5th note.. and then I add the seventh note in the scale and play a major 7th arpeggio?

Yes Erik, the M7 is the major seventh - that means your arpeggio will have the 1 3 5 7 formula. If it were 1 3 5 b7, that would'vemade it a dominant 7th arpeggio wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 16 2012, 04:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin, I could only find 2 shapes that we really useable inte the 3 note major arpeggio sad.gif
I have a book, which went trough some 2 string, 3 string arpeggio etc, but I didnt really find anyones that were really useable.

I choose to start with the 3 note arpeggios.
I attatched a file, 2 arpeggios shapes played in C and D

I got a few more shapes though not that I think of it, but still, only these to I can play in a fast way!

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Sep 16 2012, 04:27 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  arpeggio1.mp3 ( 251.02K ) Number of downloads: 88

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2012, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik, these sound very good, but mate, it's not about playing them fast smile.gif It's about knowing where the notes are and inventing more approaches to using them. For instance, take one of these two which you have found and try to think them in 2 octaves and go through them in groups of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 notes/ beat.

It doesn't have to be fast - we are aiming more phrasing possibilities here, rather than speed smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 17 2012, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 17 2012, 08:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
Okey cosmin, with two octaves u mean playing the same arpeggio one octave higher or lower right?
I got a vid coming up today, i will play some three note Arpeggios using 16th notes, then on tuesday i will do the same but with major 7th Arpeggios smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2012, 08:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 17 2012, 07:08 AM) *
Okey cosmin, with two octaves u mean playing the same arpeggio one octave higher or lower right?
I got a vid coming up today, i will play some three note Arpeggios using 16th notes, then on tuesday i will do the same but with major 7th Arpeggios smile.gif

Exactly Erik, split the arpeggio over two octaves - one low and one high! Let's see the vid! Don't rush the playing man, you can show them to me slow smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 18 2012, 02:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am actually finding a lot of useable shapes now smile.gif
And i havent added the m7 yet so, the vids gonna take a while smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Great man! Looking forward to the ideas you will have now tongue.gif New arrows in the quiver, my friend wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 19 2012, 08:01 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 26 2012, 07:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSq1kWVLoYs
Here is a vid wink.gif

Covering four shapes, all that can be built on using the m7 note.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Howdy Erik! The shapes are usable and you can find a lot of contexts for them as they are right now - but I only see and hear major arpeggio shapes, no m7 or M7 and I also wanted to discuss your right hand technique which is slowing you down a bit due to excessive movement. You should work on executing the shapes slower and regarding the right hand. you should restrict the movement to up and down only, when sweeping, rather than moving it sideways as you are doing it now smile.gif

Please let me know if you would like to develop the topic wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 27 2012, 01:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Howdy Erik! The shapes are usable and you can find a lot of contexts for them as they are right now - but I only see and hear major arpeggio shapes, no m7 or M7 and I also wanted to discuss your right hand technique which is slowing you down a bit due to excessive movement. You should work on executing the shapes slower and regarding the right hand. you should restrict the movement to up and down only, when sweeping, rather than moving it sideways as you are doing it now smile.gif

Please let me know if you would like to develop the topic wink.gif

Cosmin

I am going to play minor arpeggios as well? Well I saved this and the major 7th arpeggios but I will do it in next vid.
Also, I dont actually know why I picked so weird, it felt a bit awkward, I usually dont do that.

So I will do these things in the next vid wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2012, 11:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Sep 27 2012, 12:17 PM) *
I am going to play minor arpeggios as well? Well I saved this and the major 7th arpeggios but I will do it in next vid.
Also, I dont actually know why I picked so weird, it felt a bit awkward, I usually dont do that.

So I will do these things in the next vid wink.gif

Oooh! Ok, let's see the next one tongue.gif the next next one, should feature all these, played against chords which I will provide wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 30 2012, 08:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
so got a vid coming up soon, im going to play major arpeggios, major 7th arpeggios, and minor arpeggios?

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:43 PM