3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Ibanez Rg350mdx
JOhn
Jun 17 2007, 07:40 AM
GMC:er
thanks for the info i should be getting this guitar at the end of term if i do well in school smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 17 2007, 05:07 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Then keep them grades up!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 25 2007, 08:26 PM
wait a min, the edge 3 is the same way as the floyd rose one, gotta cut the ball off, no big deal! its not like u arent gona use a plyer anyway

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 26 2007, 05:41 PM
Can you tell us some more about the pickups?

I know the guitar has the Infinity pickups that you mentioned, but what does that mean? I know that there are two humbuckers and then a single coil in the middle, but that's it.

+Quote Post
sb81
Jun 26 2007, 06:01 PM
Pickups are pretty good, and it has a 5 way selector switch.

Bridge Pickup is good for lead and picks up pinch harmonics nicely.

Middle settings are nice for clean guitar, neck pickups have a real heavy sound, the last setting is almost "muddy"

I get pretty good clean, crunch rock, twang, metal from the pickups through my Line6 gear. Only thing that seems lacking is blues, but maybe it's just me.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 29 2007, 02:08 PM
I got a pretty good blues tone actually, But most of it comes through my amp i think, i got a tad bit of overdrive and i use either just the neck or just the bridge, neck give me a smooth bluesy tone, and the bridge gives me a bit dirtier one smile.gif

Its more proficient in Metal i would say, it sounds good under high gain smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 12 2007, 04:06 PM
Just for the record, i added "Cons" to the review, since i didnt cover them smile.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 12 2007, 06:07 PM
Ah, I've heard the Edge Pro III bridge is a real pain.

Does it keep in tune fine with excessive use of the whammy?

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2007, 06:13 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 12 2007, 01:07 PM) *

I have it on my Jem, works great for me (hot weather throws it a little but what you gonna do?). ALl things being equal it stays in tune really well with very aggrssive whammying.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 12 2007, 06:34 PM
Thats funny i was at a store and i played ... its a little chunk of heaven and im getting it Aug 15TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 12 2007, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 12 2007, 01:07 PM) *

yeah, once its in tune it stays there, And when i "Abuse" my whammy bar, which means whenever i play a Steve Vai song to its fullest, it might fall like 1/4 of a whole step out of pitch on one string, and even then, i just turn the fine tuners about 90-180 degress and all is well.

The only time it will fall out of tune is when a string breaks that is either E A D or G, since when the string breaks more tension is put on the other strings, if B Or the High E Breaks, since they dont hold up a large portion of the bridge, there isnt to much of a change.

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 13 2007, 04:55 AM
After having this guitar for a week or so now, I have another pro to add: the jumbo frets.

I love them because it forces you to stay relaxed and not kill your hand pushing down on the frets or you'll put the strings out of tune.

+Quote Post
lost-jgs
Jul 13 2007, 06:32 AM
gotta say ive been enjoying my rg370dx

hated changing the strings on it
failed at switching to 11 gauge but it was also my 1st time changing strings on a floyd rose style bridge
went back to regular 9s

rg series is great , but i might be trading mine in for a sz720 since i dont use the whammy anyway

--------------------
Guitars : PRS Santana SE Stop Tail, Jackson RR3
Amps: Vox DA5 Amp , Vox AD30VT
Effects: Line 6 Dr. Distorto

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 14 2007, 04:34 PM
Lets go fishing!
Get Down! I always wanted to know more about this model and now i know - thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 15 2007, 02:16 AM
Im glad you all like this guitar as much as i do, and yes, the jumbo frets kick ass.

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Jul 28 2007, 05:10 AM
i just bought this guitar smile.gif i love it, sounds great, its low and fast, i cant get enough of it, only con is changins strings, tuning the bridge, and for me i dont like the input being down on the bottom cuz im always scared im gonna damage the input jack

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 28 2007, 11:01 AM
Instructor
2 days ago i was changing strings on JEM. Took me 1 hour straight to restring it and it doesn't go out of tune! smile.gif So it's just a matter of practice! After you restring it 15 times it won't be a problem any more.

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 28 2007, 11:02 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 28 2007, 02:12 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 28 2007, 06:01 AM) *
2 days ago i was changing strings on JEM. Took me 1 hour straight to restring it and it doesn't go out of tune! smile.gif So it's just a matter of practice! After you restring it 15 times it won't be a problem any more.

Sounds like fun - can't wait to see how long my first restring will take laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 28 2007, 02:38 PM
I must say this, it goes alot easier if you change strings one at a time, well, only as long as there the same gauge. if you change them one at a time, start with the high e, it works best for me, takes me 15 minutes to restring a retune it.

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 18 2008, 03:45 PM
WooHoo! laugh.gif

I just picked up my RG350DX today! tongue.gif

I was planning on getting a SAS32, but the feel of this guitar got me hooked on it.
Jumbo frets and an easy to play neck with both twang and tone.
Well, I'm sold! biggrin.gif

I am totally flying now!
I find it quite easy to get pinch harmonics - and my fingers just got a lot faster.. laugh.gif

As an added bonus, I saved $61,54 compared to the SAS32. wink.gif

This guitar is snappy! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Jun 18 2008, 03:46 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:29 AM