Need Some Advice Instructors And Dudes ? :d, Where to look ??
Ramblingman
Dec 17 2008, 02:03 PM
GMC:er
I want to learn stanley jordan/carlos vamos style , touch on accoustic. i know we got one allready..but i need more infomation.

For example .

What fingers he uses on his right hand.
How he holds his positions,hand
Tuning
And what to practice?

Where on the internett can i fint this, ive search all day, but nothing ohmy.gif?

Plz some help, would be great you guys biggrin.gif

cheers Me laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Tolek
Dec 17 2008, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there,
you should definetely learn 8-Finger-Tapping before playing such stuff.
I´d recommend you these lessons:

You should also check out some horizontal guitar playing (like Erik Mongrain):

I think that after studying these styles you are ready to play like Carlos Vamos. Try to analyse his playing and apply your observations on your own playing.

Throw away your pick and start using all your fingers! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Dec 18 2008, 01:52 AM
Instructor
I once get borrowed a masterclass f Stanley Jordan himself but this is not free, but it is good to know to know that it exists and you can buy it for I don´t know, $25.
I remember he use a very low action (he even sanded the guitar to set the whole bridge lower) setup and very high gain pickups so the tapping it self don ruin the sound, he uses all the guitar tunned up by fourths (2nd = C and 1st = F) so he can use more fretboard with on pattern. He uses a double strap one for the height and other for setting the angle of the guitar. And I don´t remember what else. You can ask Ramiro Delforte who made some great touch techniques lessons.

This post has been edited by Gerardo Siere: Dec 18 2008, 01:57 AM

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ramblingman
Dec 18 2008, 07:48 AM
Tnx for fast reply Tolek,Gerardo..Great of hearing from you makes things a little easier. tongue.gif

One question for both here smile.gif ? up for it?

*What website can i buy it, and is its send by download or by sea? cause i live in norway sad.gif
*What setp should i have on my accoustic, since i wanna develop that?
*What strings should i use ? light or is that for chickens laugh.gif ?

Again tnx for the help tolek and Gerardo biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 18 2008, 09:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
What website can i buy it, and is its send by download or by sea? cause i live in norway sad.gif

You mean tabs, lessons or what? If you mean tabs, just check out some websites (like 911tabs.com, ultimate-guitar.com,...). There have to be tabs on that. smile.gif Lessons are listed in my previous post. wink.gif

What setp should i have on my accoustic, since i wanna develop that?

It completely depends on the song you play. Look at this lesson by Juan M. Valero. He uses normal tuning. If you consider Erik Mongrain, you´ll remark that he mostly uses an extremely weird setup where all 6 strings are in one "harmonic family". That´s means that when you play them, it sounds good (EXAMPLE: from low E to high e: C E G C E G).

What strings should i use ? light or is that for chickens laugh.gif ?

It depends. Some guitarists prefer light strings to thicker ones. smile.gif

I hope this helps. If not, don´t hesitate to ask. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ramblingman
Dec 18 2008, 12:14 PM
Tnx For the help Tolek...But the first question i think you misunderstood..biggrin.gif i dident mean the tabs, but the masterlesson with stanley himself biggrin.gif..but youy got me bussy with your lesson suggestion , so tnx..ill lean them first laugh.gif

But do you think one of the intructors could make a lesson out of carlos vamos song..finding ou the tuning and tabs e.t.c?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLIiozVWJo

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 18 2008, 12:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ramblingman @ Dec 18 2008, 12:14 PM) *
Tnx For the help Tolek...But the first question i think you misunderstood..biggrin.gif i dident mean the tabs, but the masterlesson with stanley himself biggrin.gif..but youy got me bussy with your lesson suggestion , so tnx..ill lean them first laugh.gif

But do you think one of the intructors could make a lesson out of carlos vamos song..finding ou the tuning and tabs e.t.c?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLIiozVWJo

Oh, sorry. biggrin.gif
Here´s the answer: Stanley Jordan. wink.gif Just take a look at education. There you can apply for his lessons. Have fun and good luck! smile.gif

I´m pretty sure that some instructors is able to do such a lesson. Just do a request maybe. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:41 AM