2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Favorite Song (to Play)
swingline
Sep 28 2007, 01:51 PM
GMC:er
When your just sitting there with your guitar what are your favorite songs to play? Mine have to be Panama, Crazy Train, and Bark at the Moon.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 28 2007, 03:20 PM
I dont usually play a song when I sit down and play guitar. I usually just create some new riffs and write them down. I do listen to music when im playing though, gives you something to think about when your trying to write. ATM im listening to the album The Art Of Partying by Municipal Waste and Anthrax- Among The Living. Those albums really gives me tons of ideas on how to write thrashier riffs w/ crossover influiences.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 28 2007, 03:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Bark at the moon and Mr Crowley

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 28 2007, 05:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
Nearly a year playing guitar seriously and i havent yet learnt anyones elses songs outside GMC stuff!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 28 2007, 08:24 PM
Instructor
I don't play any other's songs but my own stuff! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Sep 28 2007, 11:30 PM
At this time I'm working on:

The Four Horsemen
Master of Puppets
Hanger 18

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 29 2007, 12:02 AM
Well.. If I just sit around with friends and got an acoustic guitar, then I will allways play More Than Words, just really like playing it.

On the electric.. mmm.. the rhytm part of Love Thing by Satch, the bass solo of Love Thing by Stu Hamm(until the part he starts tapping), and just mess around tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 29 2007, 12:45 AM
The Dark Canuck
These are the songs that when I pick up either guitar, they are the first ones I play.

Acoustic - Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin and Wonderwall by Oasis

Electric - Killing in the Name by RATM and Blow at High Dough by The Tragically Hip

This post has been edited by rokchik: Sep 29 2007, 12:49 AM

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Sep 29 2007, 04:03 AM
The list changes every so often - these are my current favourites.

Electric - "Know Your Enemy" by RATM, "Limelight" by Rush, "Over My Head" by King's X

Acoustic - "Easter" by Marillion, "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac, "Under the Bridge" by RHCP

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 29 2007, 06:44 AM
Instructor
I often play my own song "en un suspiro" or practice the songs of my new band, but I really feel happy when I improvise over the Iron Maiden's songs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 29 2007, 08:16 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Well I try and play 'Home' and 'Metal Fatigue' by Allan Holdsworth though I tend to bodge them a lot blink.gif . Another one I enjoy bodging is Pat Metheny's 'Phase dance'.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 29 2007, 08:27 AM
Instructor
The Man's Too Strong-Dire Straits
Tears Of My Own Shame-Luke
Sailing Ships-Whitesnake aka Selling Sheeps wink.gif
Few more...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Sep 29 2007, 08:29 AM
I'm so pleasantly surprised to hear a number of you playing BATM. That was my inspiration to start playing again, and the first song I wowed to learn when I got good enough to learn actual songs. Well, I have some good news and some bad. Having practiced nothing but speed picking and legato over the last six months, learning the solos was a piece of cake. I'm blown away by how quickly I got that under my finger, and can play both the main solo and the out-solo without any difficulties. The riff thought, well, thats a completely different topic. I absolutely cannot seem to get the whole pedal tone/palm muting thing down. Every time I hit a chord, I'm completely lost as to where the A string is. I think I need to spend some quality time with Pavel's string skipping exercises.

Boris

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 29 2007, 10:52 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I was hanging out today and i played a few songs from the movie "Black Snake Moan", other than that, my favorite to play would be...

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Steve Vai - Whispering A Prayer

and

Opeth - Hours Of Wealth

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 10 2007, 05:56 AM
Some of my favorites that I can think of at the moment:

Trumpet Theme from a Fistful of Dollars
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Theme
Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (the original one, not that skateboard crap)
Badinerie by J. S. Bach and anything else classical
MacGyver Theme
Thalamusik from the MSX game Sanxion
Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago

All played with as much gain as possible, I am a metalhead, after all hehe

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 10 2007, 06:02 AM
I dont play other songs than my own songs. Theres just one song though, every time before a gig I play Iron Maiden - Prodigal Son. I dont know why. Maybe it helps me relax or something.

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 10 2007, 04:56 AM) *
MacGyver Theme

My band played it live once biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 10 2007, 06:04 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I must add these.

Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand
Nobuo Uematsu - Aeris' Theme
Nobuo Uematsu - The One Winged Angel
Nobuo Uematsu - Flowers Are Blooming In The Church

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 10 2007, 06:07 AM
Derrick theme also kicks some serious ass, although it's been ages since I've played it, just listening to it... Hmm, yeah...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Oct 10 2007, 08:57 AM
Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand
Nobuo Uematsu - Aeris' Theme
Nobuo Uematsu - The One Winged Angel
Nobuo Uematsu - Flowers Are Blooming In The Church

Same for me, with the addition of

Nobuo Uematsu - Boss Battle
Nobuo Uematsu - Battle Theme

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 10 2007, 09:02 AM
Dream Theater-Stream Of Consciousness
Lostprophets-Start Something
Opeth-Grand Conjuration

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:09 PM