Tonshifter Mega
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2020, 10:39 PM
GMC:er
There is a new version of the TONE SHIFTER 3. I'm using the TONE SHIFTER 3 currently and spoke about it in another thread. It make me think I should make a new post about the new version about the new pedal. The good news about this unit is that it works with EVERYTHING. It's got presets built in to work with pretty much everything under the sun.

It's also a full audio interface/soundcard as well as a midi controller. More and more I am starting to think that this is the future of guitar gear in general. Everything can be done from an ipad these days, it's got more than enough processing power and it's got a large color touch screen built in smile.gif All that is needed is a foot controller and interface, which are popping up everywhere!

Here Mr. Walliman uses it with a Ipad. It works with a PC/MAC/Iphone/ipad etc.

The MEGA is set automatically to be able to turn individual effects on and off without changing banks and without any additional programming. It just works out of the box.

It works with AXE FX, JAM UP PRO, AMPLITUBE, etc. Pretty much anything. It does not have a wah pedal, which would need to be added. But for a "Fly rig" it's hard to beat. Super high quality, super tough. If you are looking for a sound card that is also a midi controller give this a look. They make a wah pedal just for it for about $70. So for around $400 you have a full midi control station that's also a high quality audio interface that works out of the box with just about anything.

https://meloaudio.com/collections/tone-shif...ar-bass-players

The BEST part, is that unlike expensive units like the AXE FX and KEMPER, there is NO PATCH LAG when using this little device with just about anyhing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 12 2020, 09:09 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 12 2020, 09:01 AM
GMC Founder
Looks very cool!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 9 2020, 11:39 PM) *
I'm using the TONE SHIFTER 3 currencly and spoke about it in another thread.

Can you give me the thread link?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2020, 09:21 PM
This is my original thread where I gush a bit about the tone shifter. It was the first time I found a high quality sound card/audio interface that is also a fully functional midi controller! Game changer. Works with a phone/ipad/laptop etc. Now with the MEGA it's even better. I really think this could be the future of gear. It has PHANTOM POWER and XLR INPUTS so it's a full on audio interface. This is an upgrade from the tone shifter 3s which just had quarter inch inputs.

Here is FLUFF giving it a review. It's an amazing device. It's got pre loaded presets to control just about anything including a kemper. It's got multiple inputs that work at the same time so you can record a mic on your guitar cab and a direct signal for your guitar at the same time to your daw on your laptop/desktop/ipad/iphone etc. The flexibility is amazing. Now that THU has a mobile version, I'm a very happy guy smile.gif I'm using overloud thu with my toneshifter 3s and iphone as a practice/fly rig that sounds as good as my 11 rack with the tube mysanikov preamp and weighs a lot less.

preset modes built in of course for axe fx, kemper etc. and two inputs active at the same time, balanced in/out, 2 ports for expression pedals. This thing does it all. here is OLA talking it up.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry754972

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 12 2020, 04:01 AM) *
Looks very cool!

Can you give me the thread link?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 12 2020, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 15 2020, 09:32 AM
GMC Founder
Brilliant - combining both midi control and Audio Interface seems like a winner indeed!

I really like how you can put you ios unit right on top of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2020, 12:26 AM
It's a very cool idea indeed smile.gif IT's about time the audio interface and foot controller made it in to a handy small form factor. It's also cool that it works on mobile devices and on laptop/mac/pc. It's also a full on midi controller so it will control anything that takes midi control like an axe fx or kemper. It's even got two ports for wah/volume pedals.

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 15 2020, 04:32 AM) *
Brilliant - combining both midi control and Audio Interface seems like a winner indeed!

I really like how you can put you ios unit right on top of it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:01 AM