Hello From Another Florida Metalhead
Evan
Jun 9 2007, 12:59 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone! -finally got around to doing the first post thing, so here's a little about me:

I began my music education at the age of eleven on the clarinet and piano studying classical music.

In school, I learned to play the other instruments of the clarinet family and continued to study the piano. I played in symphonic, jazz and marching bands.

For the past seven years I've played in several bands in the local/underground metal scene of Deland, Daytona and Orlando Florida -first as a keyboardist, but then as a guitarist as keyboards continued to lose popularity with local bands. I guess I've been playing the guitar for a little over 5 years in bands then.

Even though I have much more experience with other musical instruments, the electric guitar quickly became my favorite because I love to shred and play solos and to me it just sounds so incredible on the guitar (not to mention that I was tired of the fact that keyboard shredders get NO respect at all dry.gif ).

I now devote the great majority of my practice time to the guitar and my main goal is to bring my guitar technique up to (and hopefully beyond) the level of my keyboard technique. At first I thought of the guitar as a secondary instrument mainly because when you've played for years on another instrument it's just painful to hear yourself starting from the beginning again (especially when all your friends are years ahead of you), but over the years I became more confident. So if my guess is right I've only got 5-6 thousand practice hours left to go and I'll be all caught up with my keyboard hours sad.gif.

Music and the local metal scene is certainly the main hobby of my life. In fact, it's more than just a hobby. It's where I've made most of my friends and many of the fondest memories of my life. Playing music live on the stages of the smoky, sweaty and crowded local venues of the Florida underground and keeping our local music scene alive is a lifestyle for me.

some of my guitars:

Jackson SL2h

Jackson DK2s

Roland G-707

I use ENGL and Peavey amps live and a Rocktron for practice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 9 2007, 10:50 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome :-)

Nice guitars... and I'm concidering an ENGL too. Which model you got?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 9 2007, 03:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to the site Evan - sure you'll have fin here!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
aerohit
Jun 9 2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Evan, welcome to GMC...I too joined today smile.gif

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
Evan
Jun 9 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for taking the time to say hi everyone. MickeM, I use an E840/50 poweramp and an E520 and E620 preamps with it. This setup sounds awesome. It drops people's jaws everytime.

+Quote Post
lefty01
Jun 9 2007, 09:00 PM
Hi, and welcome to the GMC family. You sincerely will not find a better group of people. Best to ya...and keep shredding! smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 9 2007, 10:56 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Welcome to GMC!

i am also another Florida Metalhead smile.gif

Nice guitars and setup, you should learn alot here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:34 AM