Leaving Gmc
drw84215
Apr 16 2008, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
im leaving GMC. i am not happy with the website. the lessons are scattered everywhere. there is no logic. basicly a new teacher every time i log on. i feel like the lessons on the site are just to meet quota. a new lesson everyday? i dont want quanity i want GOOD quality. somthing i have not found in GMC. there are some good lessons. but for every good lesson there are 10 bad lessons. they dont explain anything. and nwo that pavel is gone im going to find a new way to learn guitar. thank you for a waste of time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
audiopaal
Apr 16 2008, 07:59 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Goodbye then smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2008, 07:59 PM
GMC Founder
Hello drw84215,

I am very sorry to hear this! sad.gif

Don't hesitate to give us some feedback on what you think we could do better - as our goal is to improve!

Good luck with your playing

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 08:01 PM
GuitarMasterClass has increased my skill immensely. I've learned more in the three months here then the year I spent trying to teach myself. I personally love the lessons, and I say the more instructors there are, the better. I don't know lessons you're watching when you say that they aren't quality. I think you may have lost your mind, dear sir. It's you're decision, and if you feel this way, feel free to leave. I personally disagree, however.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 16 2008, 08:08 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Consider this....there are other users, not just you. We don't all want the same genre. Different lessons bring different aspects of guitar playing to different users dependant on how and what they want to use.

New instructors all the time? A fact of life is people eventually leave GMC (such as yourself) and it is necessary for new instructors to join so that we don't end up as a community with no teachers! (by the way if a new instrctor joins every time you log in then you should probably log in more often..)

Good? define good....i could tell you something about music that you didn't know right now and you'd think it was a good piece of information, but someone else may already have known the information i just shared with you- does that lessen the value of that content/information? Good and bad is not the same to everybody...its called an opinion.

By the way- there are more subtle and mature ways to share an opinion of the value you receive as the customer, this may involve giving constructive feedback about your experience with the product in order to improve both the product and your experience using it. Not just...silence...silence...silence.."This sucks...BYE!!"

one more thing...

Bye- i hope you find the way you like to learn guitar.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 16 2008, 08:09 PM
me too, im in love in this site, couldnt live with out it. Especially Kris Hot blues lesson, omg, i adore it.

This post has been edited by Martin la guitarra: Apr 16 2008, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 16 2008, 08:09 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 16 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Hello drw84215,

I am very sorry to hear this! sad.gif

Don't hesitate to give us some feedback on what you thinnk we could do better - as our goal is to improve!

Good luck with your playing.

Kris

i consider your site incredible myself, and I have been here now over a year. maybe he is frustrated with his own progress and it is like kicking a dog who won't bite back, only he made you the dog. no offense meant to you or to dogs.

edit: typo. also speaking of dogs, I take mine around with me, and maybe for months everybody loves my dog. but once in awhile I meet somebody who does not like dogs. I just figure it is them, not me, and don't take it to heart.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 16 2008, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 08:14 PM
You said on March 25th in the Site Improvement Board that other then lots of instructors, you love GMC. What's changed in a few weeks?

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Apr 16 2008, 03:08 PM) *
By the way- there are more subtle and mature ways to share an opinion of the value you receive as the customer, this may involve giving constructive feedback about your experience with the product in order to improve both the product and your experience using it. Not just...silence...silence...silence.."This sucks...BYE!!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 16 2008, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 08:57 PM) *
im leaving GMC. i am not happy with the website. the lessons are scattered everywhere. there is no logic. basicly a new teacher every time i log on. i feel like the lessons on the site are just to meet quota. a new lesson everyday? i dont want quanity i want GOOD quality. somthing i have not found in GMC. there are some good lessons. but for every good lesson there are 10 bad lessons. they dont explain anything. and nwo that pavel is gone im going to find a new way to learn guitar. thank you for a waste of time.

Well you are partialy right, the site isn't perfect, but it's defintly improving immensly since the whole Pavel incident, even though as you say there seem to be a new teacher every day, the new teachers are defintly proven proffesionals and know what they are doing, and I think their lessons are a proof of that!

Avecourse there won't be a "logical" order, a lesson order is something that is changing depending on the person, and I think there are enough of good lessons on here for anyone to build his own plan to reach the style they want, but if you want a true logical order of lessons according to you'r specific needs, than go to a private teacher, it is indeed the best way to learn! but only take to considoration that you will pay for a month what you would pay here for 6, and that it might take a while until you find the teacher who best serves you'r needs.

Oh and I know I was the one that said this site is going on the wrong track, but im not contradicting(is that how you spell it?) myself here, this is evidence that I see the site is truly improving and going on the right track(in my opinion)! so keep up the excellent work Kris, I'm very happy that I feel more than satisfied with the site again smile.gif

This post has been edited by Iluha: Apr 16 2008, 08:16 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 16 2008, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Well it's obvious that you don't like it at all, so bye bye...

Just to give another point of view, after reading yours: I'm the happiest human being on the face of planet Earth since I joined GMC. wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 16 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
You can't please everybody, so if you don't like GMC... well, leave and look for lessons that please you somewhere else.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 08:19 PM
This is part of what makes GMC great. When one person says "I don't like this website, bye.", everybody jumps in and asks why, and wishes you the best of luck, and tries to make this place better. It's not just the lessons, it's the people in the community, too. Sorry for replying so much, but I feel strongly about how awesome this place is.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 16 2008, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (Pi38 @ Apr 16 2008, 09:19 PM) *
This is part of what makes GMC great. When one person says "I don't like this website, bye.", everybody jumps in and asks why, and wishes you the best of luck, and tries to make this place better. It's not just the lessons, it's the people in the community, too. Sorry for replying so much, but I feel strongly about how awesome this place is.

Indeed, probably the best thing about the site is the great community, contains musicians of all levels and all genres, and everyone are friendly.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 16 2008, 08:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Iluha @ Apr 16 2008, 08:21 PM) *
Indeed, probably the best thing about the site is the great community, contains musicians of all levels and all genres, and everyone are friendly.

Exactly- people on this site have helped me so much- and i'm going to return that help to whoever needs it because i know first hand how much of a boost we can get from a little friendly help within minutes of asking for that help.

On a side note...

Surely the site cannot suck that bad...you're still logged on, right?

unsure.gif

Anyhow, enjoy your guitar journey..i hope you make it big.

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Apr 16 2008, 08:25 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Apr 16 2008, 03:21 PM) *
everyone is friendly.

YES!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 16 2008, 08:27 PM
Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for here on gmc, everyone has to find their way of learning. I do think the lessons are good hear generally however sometimes i do find myself asking 'so what did i learn from this exactly?' but this isn't enough to make me want to leave i will be learning from this site for a while to come.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 16 2008, 08:31 PM
Well Bye Bye smile.gif

Tell me if you see a better site xD I don't know if that's possible but anyways laugh.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 16 2008, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Iluha @ Apr 16 2008, 09:21 PM) *

I really think that the community here is the best on the internet.....

I spend many many hoursa day on GMC and i think i spend about 60-70 % of that time just redaing the forums or waiting for someone to write something interesting....

Woner hopw good i will be if i spend more time with the guitar laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 16 2008, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (superize @ Apr 16 2008, 09:32 PM) *
I really think that the community here is the best on the internet.....

I spend many many hoursa day on GMC and i think i spend about 60-70 % of that time just redaing the forums or waiting for someone to write something interesting....

Woner hopw good i will be if i spend more time with the guitar laugh.gif

laugh.gif True,
If you want to practice guitar a lot,
dont join the GMC forum laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 16 2008, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 16 2008, 09:34 PM) *
laugh.gif True,
If you want to practice guitar a lot,
dont join the GMC forum laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thats true laugh.gif ....Its very addictive

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:24 PM