2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Taking A Chance Here, Introduction
FreestylinJ3
Feb 14 2010, 12:17 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, what's going on?

Names Jay, and I just signed up to GMC. I wonder what I'm getting into here, and I'm a little bit skeptical. I was going to sign up for guitar lesson in a one on one setting, but I figured I should give this a shot first. I hope it works well.

And, I'm from the US

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FreestylinJ3: Feb 14 2010, 12:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmaster1393
Feb 14 2010, 01:22 AM
Hello Jay, welcome to GMC, you should have a great time here. Through my experience as long as you take this site seriously, u will really learn something from it!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 14 2010, 02:23 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Welcome to the forums.

I'm in the US as well (Atlanta).

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 14 2010, 03:28 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Feb 14 2010, 04:23 AM
I'd say there are different benefits to one-on-one and to GMC. With just one instructor, you are subject to just that ONE guy's input, instruction, and belief. I assure you, there's a LOT of mythology in guitar instruction and you won't have any differential with just one instructor.

The benefit to a one on one should be obvious but small bad habits can be much more easily and quickly corrected. You'll find that you'll still get the same quality instruction here if you're patient and willing to post video of your playing.

In all, I think you'll find that GMC far outweighs a single instructor; many times over. Welcome to the site, you'll be in good hands. smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Feb 14 2010, 04:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome, man! Get setup for doing video and recording, you'll find that the input you can get from this site is second to none. I wouldn't necessarily consider online lessons and live lessons mutually exclusive though. Either one can be used to augment the other, so maybe you'll want to do both. You'll find as much here as you're willing to absorb though, and the core instructors are all approachable, informative, and provide critical feedback. Some will leave you feeling like you're ready to hit the crossroads with Steve Vai, others might leave you licking your wounds...it's all great man!

Cheers from Canada!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Ruzz
Feb 14 2010, 11:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Jay

I totally understand why you are skeptical.
I have been a member of this site for a long time now.
And until recently I have only been looking at the guitar lessons. While they are great, I do not think they are worth it on their own. I was about to cancel my subscribtion, but then I began being active on this site.

This means:
- Joining the MTP program.
- Uploading takes to the REC program.
- Joining the live videochats with instructors.
- Joining collaborations with other members of this site.

And I can assure you, since I started doing these things my level of playing exploded!

--------------------
Sincerely
Ruzz

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 14 2010, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Jay!

Joining GMC is the best guitar related decision I ever made, couldn't live without the site & boards. I'm sure you'll love it too smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 14 2010, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC community Jay, feel free to ask any questions you want, we're here to share knowledge and experience! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Feb 14 2010, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Howdy !

I think you will benefit alot from this site of you participate in the various things going on here. Be sure to ask as many questions as you like you will not find a nicer more friendly board on the internet smile.gif

I am in the US as well, just look to my Avatar

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Feb 14 2010, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 14 2010, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 15 2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome to GMC Jay.
This place is a Mine of Information with some very helpful people to supply it!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 16 2010, 02:53 AM
Instructor
welcome bro!, this is prob the best community out there, im sure u will love it in no time wink.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 16 2010, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the site man!!. Enjoy your learning!!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 16 2010, 09:13 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Feb 16 2010, 10:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC man !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 25 2010, 05:04 PM
Instructor
you can pretty much find any thing you want here, I guess it's up to you now,

welcome!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 25 2010, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, Jay!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 26 2010, 01:23 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sorry for being late- WELCOME TO GMC Jay! smile.gif

Its great that you joined us...Just make sure that you use all the resources you have availabel at gmc (mtp,collabs,rec etc etc) and your playing will improove very fast! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:07 AM