World Cup Draw
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2009, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
Who is awaiting the Football World Cup draw today in approximately 6 hours? I can't wait. Who do you hope you get ibn your group. I am in England and luckily we are seeded so I hope we get Slovenia, Algeria and New Zealand or something similar. I don't in any way want Ivory Coast, France, Portugal or United States in our group.

Who will be watching the World Cup. England goes football crazy throughout the World Cup and it's always great fun. Until we lose lol biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 4 2009, 12:12 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
superize
Dec 4 2009, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Finally a world cup without Sweden......

This might even be fun to watch

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2009, 12:18 PM
England missed the last European Championship so hopefully we can perform well in the World Cup smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 4 2009, 12:49 PM
Instructor
I have my preference for Serbia! Most people would like us to have easy group something like South Africa (we beat them 3-0 in friendly recently) New Zealand (they lost to North Korea and we beat North Korea in friendly 1-0 less than a month ago) and finally Chile who are easier opponents then Ivory Coast (we lost to them in world cup in Germany and in Olympic games).

My preference would be one decently strong team from 1st pot : Germany or Italy for example
From 2nd pot I would go with everybody but USA and Mexico (would like to meet them in best of 16)
And from 3rd pot I would like anybody but Ivory Coast (Drogba is crazy!).

I think Serbia can definitely pass the group as long as we don't get Brazil and Ivory Coast smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2009, 01:02 PM
I think Serbia are a lot stronger than they have ever been and can see them passing through the group stage but I agree I think most teams however strong don't want to be drawn with Ivory Coast. Fortunately can't be drawn against Brazil, Germany or Italy.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 4 2009, 01:40 PM
Instructor
My humble team of Colombia didn't get through...I'm not a big fan of football though...World cup is a big event though...sniff sad.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Lester
Dec 4 2009, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm in Holland, I'm hoping for Portugal in our poule.
I've never seen Holland beat them, so that would be nice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Dec 4 2009, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yep, looking forward to see the opponents for the Netherlands...! if it aint dutch, it aint much...

+Quote Post
Lester
Dec 4 2009, 03:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Dec 4 2009, 01:48 PM) *
Yep, looking forward to see the opponents for the Netherlands...! if it aint dutch, it aint much...

...THat's a phrase they use a lot on Hawaii, because a Dutch ship helped came to fight with them on pearl harbor.
Another one: .... and as a finishing touch, God created the Dutch! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2009, 03:45 PM
Instructor
We did a very bad performance but finally Argentina get into the world cup! The team played very bad but I'm very excited to see them at the world cup! Our coach is Diego Maradona! The best player of all times.. (from my point of view!). Can't wait!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 4 2009, 03:46 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 4 2009, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 4 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Our coach is Diego Maradona! The best player of all times..

yep, he was pretty "handy" in his day rolleyes.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

looking forward to the draw! just glad England made it this time! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2009, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Dec 4 2009, 11:49 AM) *
yep, he was pretty "handy" in his day rolleyes.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 4 2009, 04:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Germany! Germany! Germany! yeah, im not a big fan, but worldcup is really funny every time. The most i like is when Germany loose and have to go and everybody is crying! laugh.gif
I like Holland much more then my own Country, because Germany playes so boring football...
I hope we get Italy, Brasil and France in our group! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2009, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 4 2009, 12:10 PM) *
Germany! Germany! Germany! yeah, im not a big fan, but worldcup is really funny every time. The most i like is when Germany loose and have to go and everybody is crying! laugh.gif
I like Holland much more then my own Country, because Germany playes so boring football...
I hope we get Italy, Brasil and France in our group! laugh.gif

I remember the Italia 90 final match! We had to go crying and you won the cup! sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mr T
Dec 4 2009, 04:23 PM
Think I'll check it out, looks like I'm not the only Dutch guy here who's going be doing that.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 4 2009, 04:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 4 2009, 04:22 PM) *
I remember the Italia 90 final match! We had to go crying and you won the cup! sad.gif

lol, i read that in wikipedia:

"Die ersatzgeschwächte Mannschaft hatte im ganzen Spiel keine einzige Torchance."

in English: The weak team (YOUR team laugh.gif ) didnt have any score chance in the hole game!

that must be really a reason to cry! tongue.gif

Sadly i was 6 years old, so i cant remember that game! happy.gif

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Dec 4 2009, 04:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2009, 05:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 4 2009, 12:30 PM) *
lol, i read that in wikipedia:

"Die ersatzgeschwächte Mannschaft hatte im ganzen Spiel keine einzige Torchance."

in English: The weak team (YOUR team laugh.gif ) didnt have any score chance in the hole game!

that must be really a reason to cry! tongue.gif

Sadly i was 6 years old, so i cant remember that game! happy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif We had been a weak team in the whole cup!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 4 2009, 05:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Last year we beat France, Italy and some other country, all with scores like 3-1, and then we lost the first post-group match, against Russia xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Dec 4 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hopefully those guys from Brasil wont get such an easy group as in the last.....20 WCups? They deserve some France and some Ivory Coast.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 4 2009, 07:48 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm from Portugal, I'm in England. I would like to see Portugal be in the same as England, Holand and Germany. England to get beaten 3 times in a row, Holand the same way and Germany for revenge. Although I would like to see that, Portugal is weak atm, the coach is an idiot so we will loose all our respect.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:20 PM