2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmcer Playing On Stage With Accept
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! Talking about my lesson with a GMCers that is part of Gab's Army, he told me that he had the amazing opportunity of playing live with the German Metal band Accept. It really curious how this happened and maybe he will prefer to tell it but I will share here the video where you can see him there playing the rhythm guitar.

This is warrioroflight rocking with Accept!! smile.gif

Starting at 9:30 min.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 25 2013, 07:54 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 25 2013, 07:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Gab for sharing! :-)

maybe we should tell that the part where i start playing is around 09:30min.... :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2013, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 25 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Thanks Gab for sharing! :-)

maybe we should tell that the part where i start playing is around 09:30min.... :-)

yeah! I tried to share it starting from that point but it doesn't work. I added the minute. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Nov 25 2013, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
wow!

how come you played with accept?? how did you manage to be invited on stage?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 25 2013, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Good You thought to add this mate smile.gif Otherwise searching keep on going and going smile.gif)))

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2013, 12:31 PM
Instructor
Congrats mate!! Let's hope that more and more folks come up with guitar based success stories!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 26 2013, 03:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great mate!!! Please tell us the story!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 26 2013, 08:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well... i was the european guitartech for accept in 2011/12... and during that time Hermann, the second guitar player, had an accident at the US gigs and couldnt play the festival shows... so Wolf asked me to fill in during the solos in three songs! it was a real honor to play with "the legend"... especially at the legendary "sweden rock festival" :-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 10:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 26 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Well... i was the european guitartech for accept in 2011/12... and during that time Hermann, the second guitar player, had an accident at the US gigs and couldnt play the festival shows... so Wolf asked me to fill in during the solos in three songs! it was a real honor to play with "the legend"... especially at the legendary "sweden rock festival" :-)

that's an amazing story. This teaches us that we have to be always ready to rock. Did you feel nervous? happy? exited?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 26 2013, 11:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
the first time wolf contacted me it was 2am and i was just about to go to bed... but when i read his email where he suggested that i shall play with them i couldnt sleep anymore... it was very exiting... and of course it helps me getting jobs as guitar player/teacher... who else can say "i played with accept!"... ;-)
i´ve done a lot other guitar tech jobs for popular bands like rainbow, freedom call, doro or drumtech for van canto... but i´ll never forget playing with accept! a dream of every guitar tech came true i think :-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 11:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 26 2013, 07:17 PM) *
the first time wolf contacted me it was 2am and i was just about to go to bed... but when i read his email where he suggested that i shall play with them i couldnt sleep anymore... it was very exiting... and of course it helps me getting jobs as guitar player/teacher... who else can say "i played with accept!"... ;-)
i´ve done a lot other guitar tech jobs for popular bands like rainbow, freedom call, doro or drumtech for van canto... but i´ll never forget playing with accept! a dream of every guitar tech came true i think :-)

That's very cool mate, congrats! So you worked for Blackmore?? Amazing! Who was the singer? Any cool story to tell? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 27 2013, 12:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 26 2013, 11:19 PM) *
That's very cool mate, congrats! So you worked for Blackmore?? Amazing! Who was the singer? Any cool story to tell? biggrin.gif

i worked for his son... jürgen blackmore... richie isnt doing the rock thinag anymore... only this medieval folk stuff with blackmores night...

the singer was joe lynn turner... very nice, grounded guy!

a lot of cool touring stories to tell... but they shouldnt be spreaded in a musicians forum... ;-)
i could tell you one embarrassing story of me...

so we were touring in greece with rainbow... had 4 shows to play as the opening act for the scorpions... and i was responsible for the guitars and basses... we had not a lot of equipment... bass player only had his basses and was playing over local amps and cabinets... and jürgen the guitar player had his guitars and one sportbag with two 19" "vintage amps" one as a spare, and his effect pedal, a zoom-something, and his cables... so, that stuff was in a nice red sportbag which i had to carry all the time with me...
after a show in thesalonikki (i think) we stayed the night in a hotel and on the next day we had no gig, but flew to athens and then we drove with a small bus for about 6 hours to Patra, where we arrived at about 8pm... when we checked into our hotel the drumtech asked me where the red sportsbag was...... i just looked around searching... and it wasnt there... so i jumped back to our bus to look if i´ve left it there... but it wasnt there.... in my head i saw our tourmanager kicking me out, sending me home....
i called the airline which flew us from thessalonikki to athens to ask if the found a bag, but they had nothing... so i called the airport if they found a bag... AND THEY HAD IT!!! i must have left it on the floor at the gabbage pickup, when i took care of other bags...
so i had to rent a car by my own (and it was not easy at that late time) and had to drive about 220 kilometers to athens to get the bag and back again... of course i told jürgen and the tourmanager of the loss but at the same time i could present them a solution... so everything was ok... but it was quite an adventure to drive trough a foreign country, at night, with that stress going on in my head...
in the end i got back to the hotel at 5am, with the bag and the equipment... had to get up at 8am and set up a show... everything went fine! :-)

hope you like the story... ;-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
wollace03
Nov 27 2013, 08:30 AM
great story and congratulations an playing with accept!!

Its always very inspiring to here such stories and of course I am very curious about some additional stories...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
My God! Mate, you can write a book with this sort of stuff - I am sure it's not the only story biggrin.gif Haning round big bands can sure put you face to face with a lot of situations, right?

Thanks for sharing this stuff - it's super exciting!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 27 2013, 12:24 PM
Link doesn't work Gab! huh.gif

That must have been a real honour working with real german metal gods warrior of flight! Next thing i wanna see you rocking with Helloween , Primal Fear or Blood Guardian! Oh wait no, i made uup my mind,i wanna rock with Primal Fear when i move to germany tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2013, 12:37 PM
Super Congrats!! They say " Fortune Favors The Prepared Mind" and you must have prepared by learning all the songs!! Well done!!

QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 26 2013, 02:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Nov 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *
i worked for his son... jürgen blackmore... richie isnt doing the rock thinag anymore... only this medieval folk stuff with blackmores night...

the singer was joe lynn turner... very nice, grounded guy!

a lot of cool touring stories to tell... but they shouldnt be spreaded in a musicians forum... ;-)
i could tell you one embarrassing story of me...

so we were touring in greece with rainbow... had 4 shows to play as the opening act for the scorpions... and i was responsible for the guitars and basses... we had not a lot of equipment... bass player only had his basses and was playing over local amps and cabinets... and jürgen the guitar player had his guitars and one sportbag with two 19" "vintage amps" one as a spare, and his effect pedal, a zoom-something, and his cables... so, that stuff was in a nice red sportbag which i had to carry all the time with me...
after a show in thesalonikki (i think) we stayed the night in a hotel and on the next day we had no gig, but flew to athens and then we drove with a small bus for about 6 hours to Patra, where we arrived at about 8pm... when we checked into our hotel the drumtech asked me where the red sportsbag was...... i just looked around searching... and it wasnt there... so i jumped back to our bus to look if i´ve left it there... but it wasnt there.... in my head i saw our tourmanager kicking me out, sending me home....
i called the airline which flew us from thessalonikki to athens to ask if the found a bag, but they had nothing... so i called the airport if they found a bag... AND THEY HAD IT!!! i must have left it on the floor at the gabbage pickup, when i took care of other bags...
so i had to rent a car by my own (and it was not easy at that late time) and had to drive about 220 kilometers to athens to get the bag and back again... of course i told jürgen and the tourmanager of the loss but at the same time i could present them a solution... so everything was ok... but it was quite an adventure to drive trough a foreign country, at night, with that stress going on in my head...
in the end i got back to the hotel at 5am, with the bag and the equipment... had to get up at 8am and set up a show... everything went fine! :-)

hope you like the story... ;-)

Awesome story. This made me think directly on an event that happened to my brother (Cirse's bassist) this weekend during a Cirse's gig. He forgot his bag in the backstage room, we are sure that there wasn't anybody else, besides the guys that work at the hall. However the bag disappeared....

My brother had the money that we received for the show, new glasses, korg pandora, sennheiser headphones, new jeans, and all his documents (dni, driving licence, etc).

When he went to the place to get the bag, the guys that takes care of the place said that he found a toothbrush and toothpaste in the corner of the street.. and he gave it to my brother... my question is... who finds an used toothbrush and took it???

Unbeliable... not only bad persons, also fool.

This only happens in Argentina.

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 27 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Link doesn't work Gab! huh.gif

Really? It's working for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 27 2013, 07:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Awesome story. This made me think directly on an event that happened to my brother (Cirse's bassist) this weekend during a Cirse's gig. He forgot his bag in the backstage room, we are sure that there wasn't anybody else, besides the guys that work at the hall. However the bag disappeared....

My brother had the money that we received for the show, new glasses, korg pandora, sennheiser headphones, new jeans, and all his documents (dni, driving licence, etc).

When he went to the place to get the bag, the guys that takes care of the place said that he found a toothbrush and toothpaste in the corner of the street.. and he gave it to my brother... my question is... who finds an used toothbrush and took it???

Unbeliable... not only bad persons, also fool.

wow... i´m sorry to hear that... what an asshole!

but that doesnt only happen in argentina... there are selfish assholes everywhere on the world who dont respect someone else or someones property!

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2013, 08:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 27 2013, 11:37 AM) *
" Fortune Favors The Prepared Mind"

Thanks for reminding me this one Todd wink.gif Nothing more true!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 28 2013, 10:05 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 27 2013, 01:41 PM) *

This stuff happens here on Balkan too because of the bad - amateur organization. I'm sorry to hear that happened.

Odd, but suddenly the link works now wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:12 AM