New Periphery Experimental Album Trailer
Socky42
Dec 3 2013, 10:07 PM
GMC:er

Jake Bowen (guitars) states: "Clear is an experiment to explore all of the different writing styles in the band. It's rare when you have a band where every member is capable of writing and producing music. With each member controlling their own track, this recording enabled us to go down any path we chose in terms of style and sound.
"Every track also contains a melodic theme established in Clear's intro track "Overture" this common thread links all of the songs together, even though they all sound wildly different. Clear shouldn't be confused with our new 3rd full-length album that we're currently working on, nor should it be considered an EP as it rides somewhere in-between clocking in at 30 minutes. Enjoy!"

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2013, 10:56 PM
Instructor
I have never been very into their music, not sure why, just checked their most popular videoclips. But the text that you added below the video really attracted me to listen to the whole EP.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2013, 03:42 AM
GMC:er
I'm thrilled to hear some actual singing on tracks smile.gif I like periphery but, just for me, the vocals can be a monotone and screamy which is fine for emphasis, but looses some of it's power, again just for me, if it's done that way the entire song.

Of course, some folks LOVE the harsher vocal style and some think it's still not heavy enough smile.gif

I like to hear heavy bands embrace some level of Harmony/Melody as it opens up their sound so much. The dynamics of a given track (from quiet/soft to loud/hard) is something that often takes heavy bands years to develop. I like that the songs are all written with a core melodic theme in mind as well. I can't wait to hear the entire thing smile.gif

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Dec 3 2013, 04:07 PM) *

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Dec 4 2013, 08:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
I saw this on YouTube earlier, I think their new stuff is venturing into a lot more melodic based stuff, which is great! I've always liked Periphery biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:32 AM