3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Things People Don't Expect You To Know, Do, Or Have Experienced
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 02:44 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Basic idea is, just name some things people wouldn't think you would do, enjoy, or have experienced, ill start wink.gif

_ _ _ _

01. Although everyone knows i love metal, they don't expect me to like Opera, and to have been to a few Opera concerts, such as Hamlet, King Arthur, that kinda stuff. Same goes with my eternal love of Blues and Jazz.

02. People don't expect me to be a "Science Geek", or someone who likes to learn about how the universe works, space, stars, solar systems that kinda stuff.

03. People are dumbfounded when they find out i love reading books, Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy especially.

04. No one knows that i can build a computer from scratch and take them apart. Install new hardware, software, and i have a decent understanding of HTML Code. (until i have to do it on there computer)

05. People don't expect me to be an Art Enthusiast.

06. People don't know that a really good movie, Book, or piece of music will bring a tear to my eye, my guy friends think its not "Man-Like" laugh.gif , my chick friends like though.
_ _ _ _ _

So, whats yours GMC??

PS
Dont tell us if your an international terrorrists or if your Jimmy Hoffa or something ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 16 2007, 02:49 AM
GMC:er
I don't think most people expect me to be a guitarist, due to my getting of strait A's, and taking all AP classes possible. Also I don't think I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and love to ride on-road cruises and sport bikes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Dec 16 2007, 02:53 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 16 2007, 02:52 AM
I straighten my hair every day laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 16 2007, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Dec 15 2007, 05:52 PM) *
I straighten my hair every day laugh.gif

You know this whole time I thought you didn't, boy was I wrong. biggrin.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Dec 16 2007, 02:55 AM
1.People don't expect me to be a mama's boy even though I'm a metal head
2.Alot of people get confused when I tell them I'm into philosophy, and concepts that make you think
3.Expect me to be really dumb, even though I'm not I still act like I am. (just to cath em' off guard smile.gif )

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 16 2007, 02:57 AM
People dont expect me to be human, they seem to have a preconcieved notion about what I'm going to be like before they even know me. Generally the first 10 minutes of any new conversation for me are spent changing what other people have said or thought about me already.

Also had people surprised that I read a lot, I'm a bit more crude in real life I suppose, I lose all the big words and just go back to basics because I'm not a great conversationalist unless I have time to think things out.

I'm pretty quiet too, so people are condescending when they find I'm not really a pushover.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 03:04 AM
In my experiences no one expects metal heads to read, they expect us to attend black masses or something, or atleast, several people still think i am a satanist because of my Venom Shirt.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 16 2007, 03:17 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 15 2007, 08:04 PM) *
In my experiences no one expects metal heads to read, they expect us to attend black masses or something, or atleast, several people still think i am a satanist because of my Venom Shirt.

so true laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 03:27 AM
^One kid one time (when i was wearing my Venom T-Shirt) just asked me straight up "Whats a Black Mass Like", i just laughed and said "Its Very Colorful" laugh.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 16 2007, 03:50 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 15 2007, 08:27 PM) *
^One kid one time (when i was wearing my Venom T-Shirt) just asked me straight up "Whats a Black Mass Like", i just laughed and said "Its Very Colorful" laugh.gif

LMAO laugh.gif laugh.gif

well here are mine tongue.gif :

1. Probably most people think im the person who does not like to have fun, like going out. But thats not the truth.

2. Although it might be obvious sometimes, i think probably most people dont know that I, like Uncreator love to learn and know about the World, its mysteries, wonders, and how it works.

3. Although i think almost everyone knows that my biggest passion is music, and going to a music college, most people dont know how good/bad I am, because ive never played live/gigged, altough im planning to do it very very soon.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 16 2007, 03:55 AM
1. People wouldn't know I enjoy reading philosophy books and learning other western and eastern religion/philosophy.

2. People think that I am a Satanist because of metal even though I am practicing buddhism.

3. People doesn't know I enjoy jazz and blues music.

4. Peope think I am goth because I wear black band shirts and listen to metal.

5. People doesn't know I enjoy anime.

6. Most people think I am smart or good at math because I'm asian.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 16 2007, 03:56 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 04:09 AM
People think i am a math wizard because i have Advanced Physics (i struggle with really!).

Although being sterotyped because of your ethnicity is probably the worst.

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 16 2007, 04:15 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 15 2007, 08:44 PM) *
02. People don't expect me to be a "Science Geek", or someone who likes to learn about how the universe works, space, stars, solar systems that kinda stuff.

ph34r.gif

i was wondering that. if there was no matter in space, then what caused the big bang? an atom couldn't of split cause there is no atoms!?!?!

I love roller coasters. I use coasterdynamix models, all that stuff. no adveritsing or anything!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 16 2007, 04:29 AM
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 15 2007, 09:15 PM) *
an atom couldn't of split cause there is no atoms!?!?!

That's true...I personally think that that theory is bullcrap. tongue.gif

I don't really think that I've had any things that people don't expect me to know, except people are surprised very often that I like reading fantasy type books. But, I am growing my hair out ( to headbang) and I'm sure I'll start having people accusing me of being a drughead. biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Dec 16 2007, 05:39 AM
Oh! I forgot to mention my evil grandma has actually accused me of being a stoner, and a robber for having long hair! that's the first thing she said to me after not seeing her for like 4 years mad.gif

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Dec 16 2007, 05:55 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 15 2007, 11:29 PM) *
That's true...I personally think that that theory is bullcrap. tongue.gif

I don't really think that I've had any things that people don't expect me to know, except people are surprised very often that I like reading fantasy type books. But, I am growing my hair out ( to headbang) and I'm sure I'll start having people accusing me of being a drughead. biggrin.gif

That has happened to me more than once. When I had hair at least smile.gif Every time I'd go into an arcade in Montreal, someone would come to ask me if I was interested in buying drugs. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and I'm a metalhead. I don't see a contradiction in that.

The other thing for me is the way people would look at me when they realize I have a comic book collection. It's as if I was too stupid to read real books. I read many different subjects. It just depends on the mood I'm in when I feel like reading.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 16 2007, 07:43 AM
People don't expect me to enjoy cooking :S I want to be Jamie Oliver, he's awesome biggrin.gif Nothing more attractive to girls, than a boyfriend who can cook biggrin.gif
I love reading
I rave biggrin.gif
I go jogging most mornings and run 3 km straight at least once a week
I can do backflips and front flips on a trampoline
I love romantic comedy movies. i.e - The Holiday wink.gif
hahaha

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 16 2007, 07:57 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 16 2007, 08:09 AM) *
People think i am a math wizard because i have Advanced Physics (i struggle with really!).

Although being sterotyped because of your ethnicity is probably the worst.

Lol, You'll get used to it. I most of the time just shrugged it off or laugh. Although I haven't heard that comment since I start going to college so its cool. I actually really really really really hate math. I took pre-algebra in my first semester in college laugh.gif . Good thing I'm going for a major where I don't need a lot of math.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 16 2007, 07:58 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
spdalton
Dec 16 2007, 08:35 AM
Most people don't expect me to play guitar, like hard rock / metal as well as jazz and blues.

People don't think I like to party.

Most people never put brains and playing computer games along with those things usually.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 15 2007, 07:15 PM) *
i was wondering that. if there was no matter in space, then what caused the big bang? an atom couldn't of split cause there is no atoms!?!?!
I love roller coasters. I use coasterdynamix models, all that stuff. no adveritsing or anything!

The whole idea is that everything (including atoms) was contained in a single space, all the matter that there is now, one small place. Then the big bang happened, and scattered all the matter contained in that single space apart from each other, creating what we know as "Space" or The Universe, of course though, its just a theory. wink.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 16 2007, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:13 AM