The Last Song That You've Learnt
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2011, 03:33 PM
Instructor
This thread is to share the last song that you've learnt and also to let us know which things make the process easy or difficult.. if you can please post a link to the original song! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 27 2011, 04:48 PM
Instructor

It was hard to nail because of the unorthodox shapes but I think I got pretty close to it.

Original at 1:57

I think what made the process easier was to isolate each arpeggio and practicing each at a time instead of the whole thing in one go.

The difficult part is to keep the tempo steady and even, that's why the first note of each bar should feel like it's on the pocket, as a guide

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 27 2011, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
The last song I learnt ..hmmm, has to be "Hour of Lament" by The Reckoning, led by our very own "Ben Higgins" biggrin.gif

For those that dont know I have been filling in on 2nd guitar whilst Ben finds a permanent replacement.

I`ve had to learn all their songs but this was definatley the last full song I learnt laugh.gif

Certainly not an easy song to play especially the very fast "gallop" part, the process was made a lot simpler by having loads of help from Ben in the form of GPro files and mp3`s of my parts smile.gif

a snippet of the song featuring El Benito`s solo!

full song HERE!!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 27 2011, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru

Learned this for my band

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
slash48
Jul 27 2011, 08:27 PM
GMC:er
Answers by Steve Vai. It's the first song I've learned by Vai and I have to say it feels pretty good the day you're able to play your first vai tune! biggrin.gif Next up- "The Audience is Listening..."

This post has been edited by slash48: Jul 27 2011, 08:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 27 2011, 08:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Latest one was Yesterday by the Beatles. I was making a bass arrangement out of it.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2011, 11:07 PM
Instructor
My last one was this:

I'll soon post the video recording, after I've finished the adaptation for the guitar smile.gif definitely a piece to give me the headaches ... I have to play the first Opus (Movement, or part) on the 7th at the next Mozart Rocks! gig and I am honestly very nervous about it.

The difficult thing with this kind of music, is that you have to play exactly like the lead violin in some parts and in others you can stray a little and come up with your own stuff, BUT that stuff has to fit smile.gif pffff. Just a little more and it's done.

Here's a part of it which i already had sorted out last year (from minute 05.47 ) please be merciful biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:39 PM