Sp3
kyldeee
Sep 23 2008, 01:10 PM
GMC:er
Has anyone installed the new serice pack 3 to XP?
My Automatic Updates, just offered it, but I didn't install it,
because I've read and heard some nasty stuff of it, like system crashes,
and such...

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Capt.Z
Sep 23 2008, 01:18 PM
huh.gif I've never heard of it...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 23 2008, 01:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I work in the IT industry and all SP3 is is the collection of all previous updates wrapped up in one package with a few enhancements.

Although I recomend updating all the SP2 components first. Then add the SP3 on top of that.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 23 2008, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Sep 23 2008, 01:31 PM) *
I work in the IT industry and all SP3 is is the collection of all previous updates wrapped up in one package with a few enhancements.

Although I recomend updating all the SP2 components first. Then add the SP3 on top of that.

I did it this way (firts SP2 and then SP3) and my windows works ok.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 23 2008, 02:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I updated on my work cpu and it did something weird to my printing tasks. No matter what I printed, or from where, It mirrored the print. Everything came out backwards. blink.gif Restored my cpu back to an earlier time and everything was fine so I know it was the update.

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 23 2008, 04:02 PM
I'm a tech by trade. SP3 isn't troublesome from what I've found.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 23 2008, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 23 2008, 03:52 PM) *
I updated on my work cpu and it did something weird to my printing tasks. No matter what I printed, or from where, It mirrored the print. Everything came out backwards. blink.gif Restored my cpu back to an earlier time and everything was fine so I know it was the update.

I really hate to be nitpicking, but is there something I have missed with the english language, or doesn't cpu mean central processing unit? How can you update an OS on a cpu then? Or does it mean soemthing else? I'm sorry, I just got a bit confused after reading your post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 23 2008, 04:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Sep 23 2008, 11:05 AM) *
I really hate to be nitpicking, but is there something I have missed with the english language, or doesn't cpu mean central processing unit? How can you update an OS on a cpu then? Or does it mean soemthing else? I'm sorry, I just got a bit confused after reading your post.

Your are correct. I believe the term adapted in recent years so rather saying "Hey lets work on the box that holds all you pci cards, HD's and motherboard" to "My CPU needs to be fixed."

laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 23 2008, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Sep 23 2008, 11:05 AM) *

laugh.gif Sorry man, just short for computer. Good old US southern slang wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 23 2008, 04:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry then, I felt it might be something like that, but as I was unsure I just had to ask. I really hate being picky, so I'm really sorry laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 23 2008, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 23 2008, 03:52 PM) *

Hahaha! That was interesting biggrin.gif

I haven't upgraded any existant install and I won't either until I get a critical reason to do so. I will install it on new installs though.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 23 2008, 08:43 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've no problems with it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:01 PM