Online Session Musicians, Place your ads!!
Chris Evans
Apr 6 2009, 03:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
This is a new idea, inspired by David Walliman

Sometimes when we write our own material although the main idea is there, perhaps we cant always get that bass line just right, perhaps you need some one to play a lead guitar part that you want/need, or your having problems with programming/writing a drum part.

The idea of this is to (for now) use the Uploads section to advertise your song idea and ask for someone to help you with the particular part you are struggling with, a little like a virtual studio.

Of course this is not like a paid session musician but you`ll be helping out a fellow member complete a song project to a finished stage.

If the idea works out then we may look at opening up a new section on the boards for this, but for the time being we are going to give it a "trial" on the uploads section.

so, if you have some ideas that you`ve never completed for some of the reasons I`ve mentioned above, post them up detailing what you are looking for help with.

Any questions then just ask smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 6 2009, 03:36 PM
Learning Roadie
This sounds pretty cool, another great idea for GMC. biggrin.gif cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 6 2009, 03:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great idea! I might use this feature sonner or later. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 6 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Good idea.. I'll keep my eye on this

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 6 2009, 03:43 PM
Instructor
I like this idea ! It will be like having somebody assist you with studio work without paying big money for it.
Looking forward to see how this will develop !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 6 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Cool! I'll kick it off with an Intro idea I had a while back and never took it anywhere. My goal was to go into something heavy with it. Check it out and see what you can come up with. smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Intro_Idea.mp3 ( 918.02K ) Number of downloads: 262

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 6 2009, 03:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Oh dear - I forgot to advertise myself rolleyes.gif
I'm here if anyone wishes to have some orchestration and/or choral work and/or backing instruments and/or drum sequencing and/or mixing and/or bass lines. Although for the bass work and mixing I'm sure there are people here much more experienced than I am, so I'm not really advertising that..

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 6 2009, 07:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is a great idea, certainly planning on using it smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 6 2009, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Making a new topic on it

This post has been edited by superize: Apr 6 2009, 07:50 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 6 2009, 07:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hey guys, glad your liking the general idea so far, it may be better though, rather than advertising a song or idea in this topic to start a new thread in the uploads board with a title of

"bass player required" or "Need help with developing this idea", something along those lines

outline in your post what you looking for along with anything you`ve recorded so far and/or as superize has, post a gp file smile.gif

your "adverts" may get lost a little in this thread, was my only thinking smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Apr 6 2009, 07:52 PM
GMC:er
Great Idea, I will use it in the future smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 2 2009, 09:53 PM
Jazz Instructor
Nice idea, it will really push GMC on higher level!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 7 2009, 06:59 PM
Instructor
I just checked this feature, and I think it can be upgraded and connected to video chat once we start with that. This way, people that have some problems with their material can get assistance from instructors LIVE! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2010, 06:07 AM
Great idea! I'd LOVE to start collaborating on tracks with the other GMC staff. I also do drum programming via EZ Dummer and Drum Kit From Hell.

Practice!
Todd

Great idea! I'd LOVE to start collaborating on tracks with the other GMC staff. I also do drum programming via EZ Dummer and Drum Kit From Hell.

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 17 2010, 06:13 AM
Great idea guys!. I just see some great tunes comming out from here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2011, 11:42 PM
How has this been going so far? Just wanted to follow up. It would be great if there was a section where folks could collaborate on tracks and such that was somehow a bit more organized that the forum threads but I"m not sure how we would do it. It seems like it almost needs a "mini site" within GMC.
Here is a site that does colaborating really well.

www.kompoz.com

I"m working with various students on the QUADRIUM PROJECT using this. Is there any way we could incorporate something like this structure in to GMC?

QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Apr 6 2009, 09:33 AM) *
This is a new idea, inspired by David Walliman

Sometimes when we write our own material although the main idea is there, perhaps we cant always get that bass line just right, perhaps you need some one to play a lead guitar part that you want/need, or your having problems with programming/writing a drum part.

The idea of this is to (for now) use the Uploads section to advertise your song idea and ask for someone to help you with the particular part you are struggling with, a little like a virtual studio.

Of course this is not like a paid session musician but you`ll be helping out a fellow member complete a song project to a finished stage.

If the idea works out then we may look at opening up a new section on the boards for this, but for the time being we are going to give it a "trial" on the uploads section.

so, if you have some ideas that you`ve never completed for some of the reasons I`ve mentioned above, post them up detailing what you are looking for help with.

Any questions then just ask smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:24 PM