2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Let's Build A Groove Together!
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Hey GMC crew! I remembered a very cool video with Steve Lukather, which unfortunately can't be found anywhere on Youtube anmore - although I got luck and found it here: http://vbox7.com/play:f5b402a3&al=2&vid=5022950

It shows how he records small bits and pieces - like single note melodies, chord vamps and such, to build a monster funky groove!!

I though we can do that too! How about if we all record a small melody/ chord sequence/ riff just like Luke did in order to build our own big monster funky groove?? biggrin.gif Let's use the A minor pentatonic and A blues scales!

I started the whole think by using the C and D notes which you can check out here in the attachment smile.gif The tempo is 80 BPM, so all you have to do, is import my track into your audio workstation - Reaper/ Logic/ Cuebase - whatever you are using and record a small idea of yourself which has to be as balanced and short as possible! Post the whole track here and I will take care of the mix biggrin.gif Pay attention to what everybody else recorded so that you can have a good idea about what you can do smile.gif

Check out the video in the link and you will get the hang of it biggrin.gif and let's try to finish this until the end of this month smile.gif

Let's groove mates!!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BAG___Cosmin_s_Take.mp3 ( 376.38K ) Number of downloads: 184

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 7 2013, 06:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
COOL Idea Cosmin !!!

I go for it hehe rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 7 2013, 09:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome idea! biggrin.gif

Cosmin Loop machine smile.gif
Can't wait to hear where this track takes direction.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 8 2013, 01:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
can I record some bass for this one

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
That's a groovy idea..... biggrin.gif

Ok look...., somebody had to say it.... and I don't know if Ben will be on here or not to throw that one down so I took point this time.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 04:56 AM
This obviously is not my addition as I know what you are wanting us to do, but it was just to bloody fun to mess around with. I've never built a song like that. It's like playing with Lego's. I did several take's and just snapped them in and out playing around with it. I like this idea. I'll be building groovy Lego songs from now on.... LOL!!

http://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/bag-cosmin-s-take-mark-all

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 8 2013, 09:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 8 2013, 03:56 AM) *
This obviously is not my addition as I know what you are wanting us to do, but it was just to bloody fun to mess around with. I've never built a song like that. It's like playing with Lego's. I did several take's and just snapped them in and out playing around with it. I like this idea. I'll be building groovy Lego songs from now on.... LOL!!

HA! That is brilliant. Sounds like the soundtrack to certain 'adult entertainment' from the 70s..... not that I would watch such things rolleyes.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 10:23 AM
Instructor
Nice idea! Musical Lego bricks biggrin.gif I like what I'm hearing so far, so let's see what the other guys come up with. Erik, sure, go ahead for bass if you'd like and Bogdan, I'd be honored if you'd throw in some thumpin' of your own! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 11:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 8 2013, 08:52 AM) *
HA! That is brilliant. Sounds like the soundtrack to certain 'adult entertainment' from the 70s..... not that I would watch such things rolleyes.gif

Ain't that what we all say biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 8 2013, 12:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
OK here my Groove part

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/cosmin-groooove

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 8 2013, 08:52 AM) *

Oh, so it's bad that I was just gonna straight up admit that's where I got my inspiration for this sound? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2013, 09:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Here we go, my take :

Attached File  Cosmin_Loop_Bogdan_Take_With_Backing.mp3 ( 379.92K ) Number of downloads: 134

Attached File  Cosmin_Loop_Bogdan_Take_No_Backing.mp3 ( 379.92K ) Number of downloads: 124

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 9 2013, 03:24 AM
Hey great idea. Here is a take. I hope I got the right idea.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BAG_VonHotch_NB.wav ( 6.32MB ) Number of downloads: 149
Attached File  BAG_VonHotch_WB_and_Bogdan.wav ( 6.32MB ) Number of downloads: 115

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 9 2013, 05:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I hope I did this right smile.gif

[attachment=30113:Cosmins_...c_Groove.mp3]
[attachment=30114:Cosmins_...roove_NB.mp3]

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 8 2013, 01:00 PM) *
Oh, so it's bad that I was just gonna straight up admit that's where I got my inspiration for this sound? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 8 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Hey Dieter, can you please post a version with your guitar only? smile.gif Just like Bogdan did smile.gif Thank you!!

Thank you Mr. Rich, Bogdan and vonhotch! This will sound groovy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 10 2013, 05:57 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 7 2013, 06:56 PM) *

Hahahaa this is great man!! Kinda reminds of some Bucketfunk cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Anybody else want to add some Lego bricks on this one? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 10 2013, 09:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 10 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Anybody else want to add some Lego bricks on this one? biggrin.gif

yeah, Im going to have a go smile.gif

Cosmin, do I play over your part and Bogdans bass as a backing?
Probably a daft question but in the video steve was playing over the all the parts he'd put down previous....... Im easily confused rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 10 2013, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Great to have you smile.gif You can use my part and Bogdan's together or all the parts together - try what inspires you the most! I will take care of editing wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 10 2013, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 10 2013, 02:49 PM) *
- try what inspires you the most! I will take care of editing wink.gif

Sweet! edit some autotune on my bends! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:25 AM