Awesome Deal On Gibson Lp Custom, Is it real ???
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 21 2010, 06:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys,

I need your expertise here .... It wasn't in my plan to really buy a new guitar but I found this one for sell close to my house. It is a LP custom Zakk Wylde with some Grover tuners..... It is written that it is a real one but I am really not sure since they sell it for around 500$ canadian dollars, wich means that it is really cheap.... I can't believe it, I wonder if it is not a Chines copy or something like that .... Here are some pics.... What do you think about it.... I tried looking with the serial and it hasn't help me. And since there is no EMG pickups I doubt it is a real Zakk Wylde.... I don't care about being it signature or not, I just want to know if it is an awesome deal or not.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Thanks for your help.

I may try it soon.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Adrian Figallo
Jun 21 2010, 06:34 PM
Instructor
i don't really know brother, but it looks pretty cool!!
sounds suspicious tho..

some time ago i found a similar deal, everything was original but the neck of the guitar was refinished, luckily i know almost every guitar tech here, and one of them told that he repaired that guitar, had a TOTALLY broken neck.

sounded good and all, but i don't wanna risk with a guitar like that, specially knowing that guitar tech biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jun 21 2010, 06:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm pretty sure the Gibson ZW has an ebony fretboard. This one does not. The absence of EMG's is suspicious. Looking at the tuners up close, Grover tuners have a very precise stamping of the name. These ones are not. If you get close to it, you'll see the bridge will look cheap as well. Also, it's easy to spot the fake as the fret inserts look like plastic. Another sure fire way is looking at the dots on the top of the fretboard binding...they will be big on a Gibson and little tiny things on the fake. This one points all fake, but if he's close, go take a look.

Also, if it's a fake, he paid about $300 bucks for it. You may like the way it plays, for $200 it's a nice party guitar.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Jun 21 2010, 06:58 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 21 2010, 08:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
just by writing in the ad that it's the real deal, not fake, makes me suspect it's fake. dry.gif

EDIT: And judging by the pics (sure he could have changed the pickup switch and pu covers f.ex but...) it IS fake.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2010, 08:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
A fake from front to back! DON'T buy it!

-wrong bridge
-wrong pickups
-wrong fretboard wood (roswood instead of ebony)
-no fret binding
-Color has never been available

... and a couple things more that indicate that this is NOT a Gibson

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Fre
Jun 21 2010, 09:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
You should tell that fraud that he can't sell this guitar and act like it's a real Gibson ZW.
Those unfair people really infuriate me.

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 21 2010, 09:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 21 2010, 03:23 PM) *
just by writing in the ad that it's the real deal, not fake, makes me suspect it's fake. dry.gif

Actually it is not written that it is an awesome deal.... I interpret like that

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 21 2010, 03:43 PM) *

-wrong bridge
-wrong pickups
-no fret binding

I knew you would know the answer Zakk.....

Can we thrust the serial number ??? I may give it a try but if it is not a real Gibson I don't think it is worth it....

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2010, 09:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Forget the serial dude, it's a fake!

All Zakk Wylde Gibsons are made in the Gibson Custom Shop and a custom shop serial number always starts with CS and has fewer letters (I think the Zakk model serials might even start with ZW) . The guys who built the fake just put a random standard Gibson serial on the headstock

--------------------

Gear:

- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2010, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
Jury says, "Fake!". I'd be careful. If you play it and like it, bid on it as if it were a knock off as it probably is. You could always contact gibson with the serial number and try to match it to the instrument but that's probably more effort than it's worth.

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 21 2010, 10:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its seems that its a fake...I don't think its worth bothering. Especially for the price that is not suitable for a fake guitar... You should skip it, only get it if you really like how it plays and think its cool to have a fake ZW signature guitar hehe wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 21 2010, 10:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 21 2010, 09:43 PM) *

-wrong bridge
-wrong pickups
-no fret binding

..such as is dot on Gibson logo ,too low seated wink.gif...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 21 2010, 10:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
On this site (one of Germanys largest) they have 2 Zakk models, one for 1.440 EUR and the signature for 3.700 Euro, the first seems to be a limited run...... but its not a custom shop....

Specs go here:

GIBSON Zakk Wylde BFG Les Paul Bullseye
GIBSON Zakk Wylde BFG Les Paul Bullseye

Designed with and approved by Gibson legend Zakk Wylde and Gibson USA, the Bullseye features BFG appointments, a 50´s profile neck, chambered body, super hot EMG 85 and 81 model pickups, jumbo frets designed specifically to meet Zakk´s demanding playing style and looks that have this guitar screamin´ before you even plug it into a monster sized, city-leveling stack.

The Gibson Zakk Wylde BFG Les Paul Bullseye features:
Book matched Maple Top
Chambered body
Ebony Fingerboard with Special Design Jumbo Frets
50´s Profile Maple Neck
EMG 85 (Alnico) Rhythm and 81 (Ceramic/Steel) Lead Pickups
Grain Textured Satin Finish
Finish: Bullseye Body Graphics
Little Tiny Picture of Zakk on the back of the Headstock
Incl. Bag
!!! 3 Years Music Store Warranty !!!

!!! 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee !!!

Maybe I got this wrong, but can this be the guitar he's talking bout????

Heres the link:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/Gibson-...-GIT0017389-000

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2010, 11:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
No Staffay, those are the new Gibson Zakk Wylde BFG series. They are NOT made in the custom shop but they are also vastly diffrent from the Original signature...

The BFG has NO FINSIH, just plain wood to let the guitar breathe (also it is really cheap to produce). It is pretty much a Gibson Les Paul studio witout the laquer and some Zakk extras while the gutar Crazy_Diamond has posted is a cheap reproduction of the Custom shop model...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 21 2010, 11:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 22 2010, 12:05 AM) *
No Staffay, those are the new Gibson Zakk Wylde BFG series. They are NOT made in the custom shop but they are also vastly diffrent from the Original signature...

The BFG has NO FINSIH, just plain wood to let the guitar breathe (also it is really cheap to produce). It is pretty much a Gibson Les Paul studio witout the laquer and some Zakk extras while the gutar Crazy_Diamond has posted is a cheap reproduction of the Custom shop model...

Oki, I trust Your expertise here.. smile.gif I was just thinking that a mistake has been made with the models.....
Btw. I saw the expensive model been sold by a local company here in Sweden with a 1000 EUR discount.
But i think it was due to difficulties to sell it because of the weird design....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2010, 11:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah the *Classical* black/white design is sold out arround the planet and the Buzzsaw and Camo design keeps dropping in pricing because nobody wants them...

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 22 2010, 01:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for all your advice guys I knew I could count on your knowledge....

My decision is made now... Why would I need to buy a cheap guitar ???

I'm glad you point me out allt he issues that proves it wasn't a real Gibson, I will wait until I have a bit more money

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 22 2010, 02:42 AM
Instructor
i bet it is bolt on biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
brandon
Jun 23 2010, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
There was a Chinese company making Gibson copies a few years ago that were flawless. Seriously, they looked exactly the same and even came with a serial number on the back and the whole "Made in the USA" thing. I think the only way you could tell they were fake was actually checking the serial number. they sold for about $200 depending on which model you got, but a few friends ended up getting one and you seriously couldn't tell the difference. I do remember them making one of the Zakk Wylde models though. Long story short, if you're worried about it I'd check the serial number with Gibson first.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 23 2010, 09:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Most of the time it is an existing serial number but put on one of the fake guitars...
If you take your time and call the Gibson Customer support they will tell you the real guitar that belongs to the serial (which is a NON-custom shop guitar in this case)

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 24 2010, 01:51 AM
Instructor
Clear fake - do not buy.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:39 AM