Lcd Monitors, here is what i m getting
Pavel
Oct 11 2007, 06:41 AM
Instructor
Hey guys!

Here is what i am getting this week, wanted to ask you for an opinion. I did a big and long search for a decent monitor and visited some stores with a friend of mine and we were just watching trailers and comparing video quality...this one seems to be the best of all i can get here.

http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/monitor...nitor/931bw.asp

Btw. i am getting 2 of these to make recording and music writing much easier to use Cubase and Sibelius at the same time! smile.gif

So what do you think? Anybody had any experience with it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Hungus
Oct 11 2007, 07:16 AM
GMC:er
I havent had any experience with those before but it looks decent...

Also if you want to test a screens quality you are better off watching a game being played on them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Oct 11 2007, 07:24 AM
Hey Pavel,

I actually have that same monitor. Samsung is a really good name. I love it too. I bought my about a year ago I think at the local best buy and haven't had a problem with it. No dead pixels or anything. Mine is a 22".

In regards to Hungus' reply, I usta play A LOT of games on it and it was fine w/ all that as well. I have since calmed down w/ the gaming at really got into guitar playing! Cause I LOVE IT!!! biggrin.gif

oh yeah, and my buddy bought the same one, and he hasn't had any problems either!

-Justin

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 11 2007, 07:28 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I have a similar Samsung 21" - absolutely no problems at all, very pleased with it!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 11 2007, 07:48 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 11 2007, 08:18 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Over here they use Samsung LCD's for all PS3 and XBOX360 demos in stores... that has to mean something. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Oct 11 2007, 08:43 AM
Pavel,

My company has invested in a dozen of these and they are great. You can find these cheaper than the Dell site:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=320-5647

+Quote Post
kethcup
Oct 11 2007, 10:30 AM
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Oct 11 2007, 01:43 AM) *
Pavel,

My company has invested in a dozen of these and they are great. You can find these cheaper than the Dell site:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=320-5647

I tested this monitor and I personally didn't like it. I use a 24" LG Flatron Wide and it smokes the Dell - hands down.

Just my two cents!

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 11 2007, 03:40 PM
I didnt mean to test it to make sure that your games are going to look good on it its just that its easier to spot an poor quality monitor playing a game rather than watching a movie or even a cutscene/trailer from a game

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
javari
Oct 11 2007, 03:47 PM
Don't buy Dell.
Their customer service is the worst!

Samsung is good, Eizo monitors are very good, in reviews they are often the best in their price-class.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 11 2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Dell is too expensive in Croatia.

Hungus: it was not just a railer but actually a presentation of some shooter so it was like playing a game yourself smile.gif

Thanks for replies guys.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 11 2007, 04:49 PM
QUOTE (javari @ Oct 11 2007, 09:47 AM) *
Don't buy Dell.
Their customer service is the worst!

Samsung is good, Eizo monitors are very good, in reviews they are often the best in their price-class.

I have purchased a half dozen dell major items. Never had anything but good experiences, including customer service.

My one Samsung item went bad way too quickly.

I am not saying one way or the other, just that this is probably not the place to ask for advice on this. People here seem to be pretty biased about reviews, at least that is the way it seems to me. Typically whatever they have themselves is great. I rely on Amazon.com reviews, and if they don't exist, I probably don't buy it. I don't think any reviews out there, including professional ones, compare with the info you get from Amazon.com reviews.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Oct 11 2007, 04:51 PM

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 12 2007, 10:41 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 12 2007, 04:17 AM) *
Dell is too expensive in Croatia.
Hungus: it was not just a railer but actually a presentation of some shooter so it was like playing a game yourself smile.gif

Thanks for replies guys.

Ah thats good man cause flaws in quality show up alot more in gameplay.... plus if your lucky you might get to try out Half-Life: Portal tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 20 2007, 11:19 PM
Instructor
And here they are! smile.gif
Work perfectly, working with music is soooo easy now smile.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 20 2007, 11:27 PM
Instructor
These look really nice Pavel,congrats!! smile.gif

I used to work on two 17" monitors,Cubase,Reason and Ableton all together etc.
Truth is,never got used to it so now I'm on one 19",switching tabs doesn't bother me anymore. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 20 2007, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Thanks!

It does bother me though, especially when working with Sibelius and Cubase - but now the problem is solved! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 20 2007, 11:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 21 2007, 12:29 AM) *
Thanks!

It does bother me though, especially when working with Sibelius and Cubase - but now the problem is solved! smile.gif

Of course,these things are fully individual matter and I'm glad you're satisfied with it! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 20 2007, 11:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Sweet Pavel - I'd love a monitor setup like that!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Davidian
Oct 21 2007, 12:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow I'm jealous, I have a computer screen of 7 years old and it's getting worse and worse mad.gif
The only thing i can do with my computer is listen to some music and visiting gmc (internet) huh.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Oct 21 2007, 07:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Those Samsung 931BW monitors are very beautifull, nice choice you did Pavel wink.gif i always sell them too at the shop where i work, i always sell the 22 inch of it .. 226BW tongue.gif

This post has been edited by visi0n: Oct 21 2007, 07:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 21 2007, 07:56 AM
If anyone is ever looking for any computer parts period you should check out this place.

http://www.newegg.com/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 01:37 AM