A Practise Button?
Jesse
May 19 2009, 06:45 AM
GMC:er
Maybe we could update the function that the lesson page shows that youre practising it, by adding a button. Because it now says I'm practising about 70 % of all the Gmc lessons, just because I watched the video! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Frederik
May 19 2009, 07:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
L O L

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 19 2009, 08:02 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Maybe I am wrong but there are two reasons for someone to be visible in the "practicing members":
1. when You are watching the lesson, You are in the Practicing Members, something like members viewing the topic on the forum. So You will always see Yourself as "practicing now".

2. when someone bookmarks a lesson, he will be in the "practicing members" no matter if he is watching the lesson now or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 19 2009, 08:21 AM
I don`t get what`s wrong with that. Just don`t run around lessons, stop and learn.
But bookmarking issue IS kinda strange.

+Quote Post
JVM
May 19 2009, 09:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ May 19 2009, 03:02 AM) *
Maybe I am wrong but there are two reasons for someone to be visible in the "practicing members":
1. when You are watching the lesson, You are in the Practicing Members, something like members viewing the topic on the forum. So You will always see Yourself as "practicing now".

2. when someone bookmarks a lesson, he will be in the "practicing members" no matter if he is watching the lesson now or not.

This is a good system I think. It could be improved perhaps to some small degree by having a 'practice' button, but really only in the case of when you finish practicing a lesson, and then can press the button to actually remove yourself from the list. But I think a better way of doing this would be to post the lesson in the REC forum when you complete it, then remove it from your bookmarks. If you're worried about your name showing up under practicing members after you've completed it tongue.gif Personally I have a 'completed' sub folder in my bookmarks that I put lessons into when I finish them.

However, to solve the original issue, could be as simple as renaming the 'practicing members' list to 'watching/practicing members' or something.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 19 2009, 09:09 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I think that "watching/bookmarking members" would be easiest way of solving "the problem". Any practice button would need people to actually think about it and remember to remove themselves from it, and I don't see a reason good enough to organize such thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
May 19 2009, 09:12 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ May 19 2009, 04:09 AM) *
I think that "watching/bookmarking members" would be easiest way of solving "the problem". Any practice button would need people to actually think about it and remember to remove themselves from it, and I don't see a reason good enough to organize such thing.

Agreed, it would just complicate things. I think I confused myself just writing my last post.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 19 2009, 03:01 PM
Meh, sorry:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 21 2009, 10:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think this feature is working well as it is smile.gif Though some statistics as time watching individual lesson or something would be cool smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jun 21 2009, 10:10 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 2 2009, 07:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds pretty reasonable ! smile.gif Would be cool to make people believe you're practising Muris' level 10 lessons though ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:37 PM