Scales
jete124
Jan 10 2007, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
I am sort of confused about the shifting of positions between the different "boxes" of the pent. scale. Now I've watched the one on one videos and understand the shifts that Kris showed as example. However i was wondering in order to make the shifts on different strings than the ones shown, you have to start or end on a root note. Am i correct with this or is it done another way?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jete124: Jan 10 2007, 05:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2007, 08:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jete124 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:50 AM) *
I am sort of confused about the shifting of positions between the different "boxes" of the pent. scale. Now I've watched the one on one videos and understand the shifts that Kris showed as example. However i was wondering in order to make the shifts on different strings than the ones shown, you have to start or end on a root note. Am i correct with this or is it done another way?

Don't think to much about the root notes when shifting just make sure you know the box you are coming from and the one you are going to very well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jete124
Jan 10 2007, 05:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 10 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Don't think to much about the root notes when shifting just make sure you know the box you are coming from and the one you are going to very well.

Oh ok thanks Kris! So than are the root notes basically important to know just for when you shift to a different key?

This post has been edited by jete124: Jan 10 2007, 06:02 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 11 2007, 08:35 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jete124 @ Jan 10 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Oh ok thanks Kris! So than are the root notes basically important to know just for when you shift to a different key?

Yes that's right - also, when you practice acapella, it's important to hear the root not as an "underlying" harmony - for your brain to understand the scale. This might seem abstract - but within time you will be rewarded.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:56 AM