2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Raubtier - New Band!, For Rammstein/heavy fans
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2010, 09:27 AM
GMC Founder
I am completely blown away by this relatively new Swedish band from northern city Haparanda.

Similarities between Rammstein are striking - but I can't help thinking they add a lot of elements I'd love to see in Rammstein songs. What a power trio - enjoy!

More songs from their 2009 debute album.

Users of Spotify will find the whole album there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zen
Jan 27 2010, 09:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Nice ..In the first song, i really thought its Rammstein tongue.gif ... I like the second one more .. Will check out more. They got a great sound .. Thanks for sharing Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2010, 09:43 AM
GMC Founder
Cool to hear - nothing betas the feeling of finding a new band which maches your musical taste. So that's why I though I would share.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 27 2010, 10:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
The first song is almost identical to the Song Engel...

Sorry but I dislike bands who have no own identity.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jan 27 2010, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 27 2010, 10:57 AM) *
The first song is almost identical to the Song Engel...

Sorry but I dislike bands who have no own identity.

+1

Kristofer said "Similarities between Rammstein are striking" - I say it´s a rip off/copy of Rammsteins Engel (which is ok, not great, but ok)
Have to say that Rammstein´s new album doesn´t do anything for me at all as well...sad. dry.gif
"Reise, Reise" was the last really good Album IMO.

Thanks for letting us know anyhow! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Jan 27 2010, 01:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Not bad. As said, the first song sounds way too similar to Engel. There are quite a few bands that have the industrial Rammstein thing going in. I quite like Eisbrecher and KMFDM. I've always liked bands like Skinny Puppy, Ministry and Godflesh etc.
I can recommend Celldweller, Samael, CNK, and a recent find - Circus of Dead Squirrels

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 27 2010, 04:31 PM
Instructor
sounds great! pretty big and heavy,

yeah, there's a Ramnstein influence,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2010, 04:32 PM
GMC Founder
Yes you guys are right, as for the song "Achtung Panzer" the Rammstein similarities are actually more than striking. (Al though I think these guys did a better job with the chorus).

I listened to this album the whole day via spotify - and lack of originality is not something that strikes me. I am blown away by the energy and riffing work by the band.

QUOTE (Artemus @ Jan 27 2010, 01:28 PM) *
I quite like Eisbrecher and KMFDM. I've always liked bands like Skinny Puppy, Ministry and Godflesh etc.
I can recommend Celldweller, Samael, CNK, and a recent find - Circus of Dead Squirrels

Thanks for the recommendations - haven't checked out all of these, will do so!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Farmer
Jan 27 2010, 07:43 PM
Cool band, although in my opinion quite similar to Rammstein.

Have too say that i´m astounded how similar Swedish is to German when you stress the R biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jan 27 2010, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (The Farmer @ Jan 27 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Cool band, although in my opinion quite similar to Rammstein.

Have too say that i´m astounded how similar Swedish is to German when you stress the R biggrin.gif

But rest assured - I don´t understand A WORD they are singing in swedish! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Farmer
Jan 27 2010, 08:39 PM
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jan 27 2010, 08:29 PM) *
But rest assured - I don´t understand A WORD they are singing in swedish! laugh.gif

He he yeah I know like i´m not good at understanding German, but I can read and understand spoken Swedish so I know theres a different, I bet someone who doesent understand both German and Swedish wouldnt know the difference by listening to this compared to ramstein smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2010, 08:45 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (The Farmer @ Jan 27 2010, 08:39 PM) *
He he yeah I know like i´m not good at understanding German, but I can read and understand spoken Swedish so I know theres a different, I bet someone who doesent understand both German and Swedish wouldnt know the difference by listening to this compared to ramstein smile.gif

Hehe no I don't think so either!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 27 2010, 11:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 27 2010, 09:27 AM) *
I am completely blown away by this relatively new Swedish band from northern city Haparanda.

Similarities between Rammstein are striking - but I can't help thinking they add a lot of elements I'd love to see in Rammstein songs. What a power trio - enjoy!

You should hang more with Blindwillie, think he got them on his radar after they played some local show up there some time ago.
Was too heavy for me though laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 28 2010, 09:09 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I first thought it's a swedish cover of Rammsteins "Engel", but every band gotta start somewhere!
I wasn't aware that there are certain similarities between german and swedish, but I actually understand some words in both songs...amazing!
But since Kris is fluent in swedish and (rumor has it) in german he'll be able to teach us some similarities...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
The Farmer
Jan 28 2010, 06:49 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 28 2010, 09:09 AM) *
I first thought it's a swedish cover of Rammsteins "Engel", but every band gotta start somewhere!
I wasn't aware that there are certain similarities between german and swedish, but I actually understand some words in both songs...amazing!
But since Kris is fluent in swedish and (rumor has it) in german he'll be able to teach us some similarities...

Since this is starting to look like a language thread, I was wondering if any of the Swedes in here could be able to grate the version of Vandraren by Ensiferum. The vocalist is´nt swedish but he attempts to sing in Swedish. sounds great in my ears but how does it sound for a native Swede? huh.gif

Btw Vandraren is an awesome song originally made and performed by Nordman.

But here its done in a more heavy version by Ensiferum

here´s the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9h7j6BLUdc

I have a bad feeling that it might sound stupid in the ears of a Swedish person laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 29 2010, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 27 2010, 09:27 AM) *

Glad you like them. They are my (130 km away) local heroes smile.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 27 2010, 11:23 PM) *
You should hang more with Blindwillie, think he got them on his radar after they played some local show up there some time ago.
Was too heavy for me though laugh.gif

I have listened to them some time and I saw them live at "Luleåkalaset" where BD Pop, our local music "community", have their own stage. Thought I posted links in the forum, but maybe I just sent them to MickeM. Sorry all if I denied you info of such a great band tongue.gif
BD Pop helped them get a record done.
I'll make it up with a youtubelink to an interview with Hulkoff, really entertaining, for swedes anyway. It's in Haparandish. Cool guy:

QUOTE (The Farmer @ Jan 28 2010, 06:49 PM) *
Since this is starting to look like a language thread, I was wondering if any of the Swedes in here could be able to grate the version of Vandraren by Ensiferum. The vocalist is´nt swedish but he attempts to sing in Swedish. sounds great in my ears but how does it sound for a native Swede? huh.gif

Btw Vandraren is an awesome song originally made and performed by Nordman.

But here its done in a more heavy version by Ensiferum

here´s the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9h7j6BLUdc

I have a bad feeling that it might sound stupid in the ears of a Swedish person laugh.gif

No he sings swedish real good actually! You can hardly tell any accent.

And don't be put off by Achtung Panzer, that's the only song that is more or less a rip-off. The others are more Raubtier-ish.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jan 29 2010, 08:47 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 29 2010, 05:45 PM
The Dark Canuck
As you said Kris the energy and riffing from this band has me pretty blown away, but at first listen the vocals are not really doing it for me. I've gone through a few of the other songs and the vocals are starting to grow on me but I'm still on the fence. I love the guitar work though, and have bought the album smile.gif Maybe a few rotations on the old iPod will change my mind wink.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jan 30 2010, 09:21 PM
Great sound!!. I'll definitly check out more about this band

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 31 2010, 08:34 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe I just have to say I have been listening to Raubtier since the date of opening the post - I hope we'll be seeing more new bands with sense for groove, heaviness and effective songwriting - and excellent combination.

QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 29 2010, 05:45 PM) *
As you said Kris the energy and riffing from this band has me pretty blown away, but at first listen the vocals are not really doing it for me. I've gone through a few of the other songs and the vocals are starting to grow on me but I'm still on the fence. I love the guitar work though, and have bought the album smile.gif Maybe a few rotations on the old iPod will change my mind wink.gif

rok

Maybe you need some time to digest Swedish singing? Awesome I could inspire you to buy their album, by the way!

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jan 29 2010, 08:52 AM) *
BD Pop helped them get a record done.
I'll make it up with a youtubelink to an interview with Hulkoff, really entertaining, for swedes anyway. It's in Haparandish. Cool guy:

Thanks for the link Willie - I'll be looking out for more of their stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 1 2010, 12:13 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 31 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Maybe you need some time to digest Swedish singing? Awesome I could inspire you to buy their album, by the way!

I think that may have been it, to be honest I am not very familiar with the Swedish language sad.gif But I listened to the album on my flight today and well it was all I could do to stop myself air guitaring on the plane... my luck some air marshall would think I was up to something and zip tie me to my seat wink.gif The vocals I am liking a lot better now with a few listens to the album and the album is great.

Thanks for introducing me to this band Kris smile.gif I love finding new music to listen too smile.gif

This post has been edited by rokchik: Feb 1 2010, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:09 AM