Alexiaden93, Weekly Assignment
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Here is the assignment for the 25th of October. I want you to play G major scale in all 5 positions and produce backing yourself. Just drums, no need to have chords in the background. When you go back don't play the last note so you have right amount of notes to keep the 4/4 rhythm. Pick your own tempo that feels comfortable but not too slow.

Here is the scale chart.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Alexiaden93
Oct 18 2009, 08:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 18 2009, 03:39 PM) *
Here is the assignment for the 25th of October. I want you to play G major scale in all 5 positions and produce backing yourself. Just drums, no need to have chords in the background. When you go back don't play the last note so you have right amount of notes to keep the 4/4 rhythm. Pick your own tempo that feels comfortable but not too slow.

Here is the scale chart.

Thanks Emir ! smile.gif

I'm not sure how to produce a backing track though... Will I have to use EZ Drummer or whatever it's called ? Either I can try to figure out how to make a backing, or maybe you could send me one ? I think I can play the scales in speeds of 60, 70, 80 and 90 bpm, maybe 100 but I don't want it to be messy, and neither do you... smile.gif

Sorry for nagging sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 10:12 PM
Instructor
You should start learning how to use recording software. Which program do you use? All I am asking is one simple 4/4 drum patern (1 bar) and just copy and paste several times - like a loop. When you have that ready you press play and play scales along while recording a video. If you use Sonar or Cubase I can help you. Read tutorials on internet, watch youtube, download some PDFs ... This is very important for everybody to learn how to produce some basic tracks for practicing. If you really get stuck then I will send you one or ask Dexxter, he's got one that he made for these scales.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Oct 19 2009, 06:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 18 2009, 11:12 PM) *
You should start learning how to use recording software. Which program do you use? All I am asking is one simple 4/4 drum patern (1 bar) and just copy and paste several times - like a loop. When you have that ready you press play and play scales along while recording a video. If you use Sonar or Cubase I can help you. Read tutorials on internet, watch youtube, download some PDFs ... This is very important for everybody to learn how to produce some basic tracks for practicing. If you really get stuck then I will send you one or ask Dexxter, he's got one that he made for these scales.

OK, I'll try ! smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Oct 25 2009, 02:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Emir !

I used EZDrummer in Reaper and am now able to make backing tracks... At least the drum part ! biggrin.gif I uploaded a few takes on YouTube, in various speeds, which I found very fun... xD Anyway, here's the upload.

This post has been edited by Alexiaden93: Oct 25 2009, 01:49 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Sorry for being late with this. You might have seen in the other thread that I had to fly home 2 times but now I am back and ready to move on.

This video is really good. You know all the positions now which is great. I must say that you're much more precise with the faster tempo. In a slow one you're losing that rhythm placement a bit. That will come with time I am sure. I also struggle with a very slow tempo when I play some exercises. The next thing I noticed is your picking. Every time you go down (from 6th to 1st string) you're using economy picking. On the way back you're using alternate. I would like to see you using alternate picking all the way. It is not a written rule but these patterns can help you a lot with strenghtening your alternate picking.

The next assignment will be the one that Dexxter did for his first assignment. We are using the same 5 major scale positions but this time in the key of D major.

Here is the backing track for you

and the explanation on youtube smile.gif

I would like you to do this one next Sunday - November 22nd

Good luck.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 1 2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Hi

This MTP round has finished. I have already received a list of new members and we'll need to close this month thread. I hope you learned something useful even though we were not that much active smile.gif

Thanks for taking part in the MTP program smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:07 AM