Tech 21 Richie Kotzen Fly Rig Quick And Dirty
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2020, 06:17 AM
GMC:er
I just snagged this guy and it's pretty cool. Delay, preamp, overdrive and boost with speaker emulation. It's all analogue and just a bunch of buttons and knobs. It weighs barely more than a guitar pick and fits in a gig bag. Makes a great backup rig. 3 Channels of clean, crunch, lead with a delay that also serves as a chorus unit. Reverb on the "amp" module. Here is a quick and dirty playthough. Anyone else tried one of these?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Nov 22 2020, 02:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
I always wanted to try those but never found anyone or any store that had them sad.gif

I heard good things about this brand/product.

Can you record with it via usb?

Also, can you plug it straight to a PA or do you have to bring an amp to the gig as well?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 22 2020, 02:56 PM
I only used the plexi version, and at the time it was very popular among gig'ing guitarists. Direct to PA does sound fine but when used with a good amp or ir then it goes to next level.

Was considering one of those to buy used, then nux released Cerberus; https://www.nuxefx.com/cerberus.html its copyed from your RK fly rig with a few additions but reports of noise problems made me not buy it.

Todd, keep in mind they're sensitive to powering (I know 1-2 people burnt them) so use the best quality adapter you have instead of daisy chaining.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 23 2020, 02:04 AM
Its' a handy device with impressive tone especially for it's size/cost. I got it off of reverb for $100.
It does NOT have usb sadly, it's an old school analogue device. Just a few pedals stuffed in to a single housing. It's sturdy as heck. Also light as a feather. Would make a great backup rig. Fits in a gig bag.

You can run it straight to a PA as it's got SANSAMP speaker emulation built in. So yeah, you can run it to a recording interface, PA, guitar amp, just about anything and tweak just a bit and get nice tone. It really feels much more like a tube amp in terms of response than any pedal i've tried.

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Nov 22 2020, 09:11 AM) *
I always wanted to try those but never found anyone or any store that had them sad.gif

I heard good things about this brand/product.

Can you record with it via usb?

Also, can you plug it straight to a PA or do you have to bring an amp to the gig as well?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 23 2020, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 23 2020, 09:49 AM
GMC Founder
Great sounding demo!

This one has a been on my radar for a long time. Having an all analog rig in one single light-weight and small foot print package at this price point is just a no brainer for backup or practicing purposes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2020, 12:55 AM
For the price these are a steal!! There is the VERSION 2 out now which is making the version one very cheap to buy. The version two is about $300. It's got more features, but triple the price of a used version 1.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 23 2020, 04:49 AM) *
Great sounding demo!

This one has a been on my radar for a long time. Having an all analog rig in one single light-weight and small foot print package at this price point is just a no brainer for backup or practicing purposes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:09 AM