Punk [ 1 ] ** [3.70%]
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:38 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Of course i picked Metal, Blues would be next smile.gif

*EDIT*

Damn, i forgot Opera....and i know Dance is on there twice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jun 20 2007, 04:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 20 2007, 05:36 AM
Learning Roadie
I voted classic rock, but I like pretty much everything on there.

You're missing country (bluegrass /= country) and hip hop/rap, as well as just pop music. Soul/r&b? Jazz? Funk?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2007, 05:41 AM
Instructor
I like all the quality music. I could listen to Bethoveen, NIN, Pat Mettheny or Symphony X and feel happy!

gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 20 2007, 05:42 AM
GMC:er
Woot, first post, metal was my choice, it varies so much, from opeth to hatesphere to iced earth to redemption to artillery to iron maiden smile.gif Metal Forever and all its subcatagories smile.gif
Death
Speed
Power
Progressive
Black
Thrash
Pirate
Oldschool
Troll
Melodic
Heavy
Grit

Help me if i missed any biggrin.gif(probably missed quiet a few as it is late and i am tired smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 20 2007, 08:53 AM
I would pick Instrumental stuff. I think what you mean by this as Timmons, Buckethead, Gilbert right? But you know metal would also be up there. So would hip hop, jazz, funk, hardcore punk, some reggae on special occasions etc.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 20 2007, 09:05 AM
I chose instrumental. Because hmm well thats what hits me the most on everthing. But its kinda pretty much what gabriel said. I can listen to Beethoven, or Bach, or Syphmony X, and well haha, kind of embarrasing to say this but even Tupac, and i am happy with it!!

If nobody knows who Tupac is. He is a famous Rapper, who got murdered back in the early 90's i believe. His lyrics where like a guitar sort of. He made it all flow together, and very melodic, and was very truthful. Not like the rap you here today!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 20 2007, 10:11 AM
You forgot Jazz! ohmy.gif

I picked blues. But metal(black, thrash, death and some experimental stuff) and rock is right behind, and jazz.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jun 20 2007, 10:12 AM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 20 2007, 10:38 AM
I picked blues because that's my first choise and what i want to hear rock and metal too, and blues is what I really would like to be able to play effortlessly.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 20 2007, 11:26 AM
I took metal, but if you wouldn't have forgotten to put post-rock on there I might have taken that! It's a tie bettween post-rock and metal for me I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
i know i missed a few, i walked away to the bathroom and told one of my friends to put down all the music genres he could think of, and i just assumed he covered it all.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 21 2007, 01:55 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 20 2007, 03:26 PM) *
I took metal, but if you wouldn't have forgotten to put post-rock on there I might have taken that! It's a tie bettween post-rock and metal for me I guess.

You like post-rock too? thats awesome! I like Red Sparowes, Pelican, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Isis, Kinski, Explosions in the Sky, Acid Mothers Temple.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jun 21 2007, 02:12 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 20 2007, 12:42 AM) *
Woot, first post, metal was my choice, it varies so much, from opeth to hatesphere to iced earth to redemption to artillery to iron maiden smile.gif Metal Forever and all its subcatagories smile.gif
Death
Speed
Power
Progressive
Black
Thrash
Pirate
Oldschool
Troll
Melodic
Heavy
Grit

Help me if i missed any biggrin.gif(probably missed quiet a few as it is late and i am tired smile.gif

I personally voted classic rock, but I'd like to know what "Pirate" metal is. I have really never heard of that subgenre. PS "Old School" and "Troll"?

This post has been edited by Anastasio123: Jun 21 2007, 02:13 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 21 2007, 03:12 AM
forgot this other sub genres

Viking
Atmospheric
Symphonic
Funeral
Doom
Drone
Sludge
Stoner
Melodeath
Avante-Garde
Ambient
Celtic
Pagan
NWOBHM
Blackened

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
wahoodoss
Jun 21 2007, 06:12 PM
Being an old $@~!, I picked "Classic Rock". I spent my high school and college years during the '70s. Now while my musical tastes do vary, I like a lot of stuff, I always go back to the classic '70s rock 'n' roll.

wahoodoss

--------------------
My main gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Vox Valvetronix 60W
Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Short Scale Bass Guitar

You are never too old to rock 'n' roll!!

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 22 2007, 12:13 AM
i voted metal bcuz i am a complete metalhead laugh.gif

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
Miguel_Sanchez
Jun 22 2007, 12:43 AM
you forgot Jazz and Folk... my third option would probably have to be Blues so i'll go with that

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:48 PM