> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 4: Blues Dynamics, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Timmez
Sep 15 2013, 11:08 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Blues Dynamics by Piotr Kaczor

i focused on the first part now.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49949
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49975
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50065

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 15 2013, 12:09 PM
Instructor
0:20 - this slide minor third lick was not precise...something went wrong while one of the movements - note fell out the finger. Around 0:30 Your hand went out of sync a bit. 0:38 this vibrato needs more regular movement - at some point Your overbend it and ot goes out of pitch. 0:21 this bend in not in tune... I'm afraid there is still much work with this lesson but each take is better and better so Your attitude is very good smile.gif I'll hold thumbs for Ya smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 15 2013, 08:39 PM
Instructor
As Darius said, still a lot of work to do. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad at all.. but in all truth you will probably not reach a top mark for this lesson given your current level of ability. The type of precision in the lesson is the kind of precision that comes from years and years of playing. So, although the lesson is easy enough to learn, it is a different story to master.

I think you can still work at it and use it as an opportunity to improve the accuracy of your bends, and the quickness of your fingers during the phrasing. But it would be unfair of me to mislead you by not telling you that it will take a much longer time to reach a higher level. I'm talking months, years smile.gif

You're doing the right things though, you're on the right path.. just give it more time !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Hello Tim! I think that Darius pointed out the important things - tell me tho, have you tried to record over the original so that you may be able to sport your mistakes easier?

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 16 2013, 01:04 PM
Instructor
God bless You Ben for being English....biggrin.gif I had no idea how to match the words so Tim could understand me well. This is exaclty what Ben said. Master rate for this lesson is about somthing that's not just a clean bend or good timming and no matter how hard You try it needs a lot of expireince to handle it right way. No matter how talented we could be, there are things that will need time to deal with them smile.gif Those moments will cam if You'll keep Your great attitude smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2013, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I have to agree with the other guys about this. I think that you don't only have to work on this lesson. You should add in your diary routine technique exercises that help you to improve your overall technique. These are the topics that you should cover:

- Bending
- Alternate Picking (crossing strings)
- Timing
- Vibrato
- Slides
- Legato

If you create a routing every day, an work on technique exercises you will be this directly reflected on your playing. Just send me a PM if you want some help choosing the lessons/exercises.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 18 2013, 03:23 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:55 PM