Angra Style Part 1 Problem.
HexDump
Sep 1 2008, 02:05 PM
GMC:er
Hi all,

My prob is easy, I can´t do the part after the tapping as fast as Lian does. It seems an easy part, it is just 6 repeting notes, but it is pretty hard for me to play it at the speed Lian does in the video.

What do you recomend? Burn my fingers trying to play this bit again and again with a metronome? or just keep practicing other things and return to this say for example 1 month later?.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 2 2008, 07:57 PM
Instructor
hi Hexdump, how´s going?

well, this lesson is at 160 bpm...
when you practice it at slow tempo let me ask you... do you have the same problem?
so, first to all, learn the pattern, and then search for a tempo you feel comfortable, just say 120 bpm, if you play it well in that tempo, increse speed slowly, until to reach 160 bpm (or even faster smile.gif )

let something I cant do for the next month not work for me. I think you have to practice everyday but, if you find similar licks to practice, I think you could reach the same goal.

hope this help you.

Lian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HexDump
Sep 3 2008, 09:18 AM
GMC:er
Hi there Lian,

At lower speeds I can play it perfectly. I will try to practice this part more. Anyway I think I won´t me mastering this any sooner, I have lota problems with fast licks like this (Using economy picking when possible).

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:22 AM