20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
SirJamsalot
Jun 1 2011, 04:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 1 2011, 01:18 AM) *
HOLD THE PHONE/PRESSES! UPDATE ON ASCENSION PARADOX!

ARRGGHHH@@@@!!!!!!!!! I just realized that the "Sister Lick" I wrote for what is now the intro lick isn't even in the song! I wrote these two licks as a sort of "Call and response" both have a very similar structure and pair well. They then lead in to the next set by introducing buts like the pull offs and such. I"ve recorded the lick in and placed it in a new reaper project.

Here is a preview. Give this a listen and tell me what you think smile.gif I've got to say I think the lick works quite well with that spiff breakdown in the drums and then goes in to a cool mosh drum bit which works very well. That's where it transitions to the next riff now. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Having drums to work with has made things a TON better.
[attachment=23673:June1_NewAscension.zip]

haha! presses held! smile.gif I had band practice last night so no work done.
I like the change - adds variety. Let's get the whole new structure and licks up on Kompoz and I'll work on arranging the drums to match.

Chris!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 1 2011, 06:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 1 2011, 08:18 AM) *
HOLD THE PHONE/PRESSES! UPDATE ON ASCENSION PARADOX!

ARRGGHHH@@@@!!!!!!!!! I just realized that the "Sister Lick" I wrote for what is now the intro lick isn't even in the song! I wrote these two licks as a sort of "Call and response" both have a very similar structure and pair well. They then lead in to the next set by introducing buts like the pull offs and such. I"ve recorded the lick in and placed it in a new reaper project.

Here is a preview. Give this a listen and tell me what you think smile.gif I've got to say I think the lick works quite well with that spiff breakdown in the drums and then goes in to a cool mosh drum bit which works very well. That's where it transitions to the next riff now. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Having drums to work with has made things a TON better.
[attachment=23673:June1_NewAscension.zip]

Loved the arrangement Todd smile.gif Great job! smile.gif I'll make a full arrangement today. And finally we are done with structure smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2011, 03:53 PM
GMC:er
I've done another "Candidate" for the mix for Song 1. I've tweaked the drums more and rebalanced the guitars a bit and upped the bass guitar. Let me know what you think and if this one sounds better/worse.
Attached File  TemporalNarcosis_June2_Mix3.mp3 ( 5.07MB ) Number of downloads: 147

Here are the links to both mixes on soundcloud to make it easier to A/B them.

Temporal Narcosis Mix Off!

Mix Candidate 1
http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/t...al-narcosis-mix

Mix Candidate 2
http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/t...arcosis-project

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 2 2011, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 2 2011, 06:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That mix sounds awesome, Todd! I won't make any promises here, but I really wanna upload vocals by sunday and I'm gonna work with this mix wink.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2011, 07:46 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 2 2011, 12:18 PM) *
That mix sounds awesome, Todd! I won't make any promises here, but I really wanna upload vocals by sunday and I'm gonna work with this mix wink.gif

Christian

Thanks! I"m getting closer to happy with the mix each time I give it another whack. I think this most recent one is pretty close. Guitars are louder, drums are harder, etc. Cant wait to hear your vocals! Make sure to upload them dry / sans fx without backing if possible so we can mix them in. Dont worry about being in key if that's a concern as we can fix that in post! I've got a cool SSL plugin that does wacky things for vocals that I"m gonna try to give you that spiff voice of death sound smile.gif

P.S. MIX OFF FOR SONG 1!

Here are the links to both mixes on soundcloud to make it easier to A/B them.

Mix Candidate 1

Mix Candidate 2

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 2 2011, 11:33 PM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 2 2011, 08:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Definitely candidate 2! Awesome job Todd!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 2 2011, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 2 2011, 02:03 PM) *
Definitely candidate 2! Awesome job Todd!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Mix Candidate 1

Mix Candidate 2

SONG CRANKS UP ABOUT 30 SECONDS IN AFTER INTRO

Thanks! I agree. I think the second version is much better. I"m actually surprised at how good it's finally starting to sound smile.gif Just goes to show you can get decent sounding recordings in a small home studio using pretty cheap gear and some plugins. Here is the breakdown

1.)Cheap Bass Combo Amp - Yup, a Crate Bass Combo with a 15 inch Cone ($150 Used)
2.)Cheap MXL 990 Condenser Mic ($50 New)
3.)20 Year Old Beat up Ibanez Guitar ($350 Used )
4.)Reaper Software (Free) (With Free trial SSL Plugins)
5.)Discontinued Mid range Tascams M164 UF Audio Interface ($300 New)
6.)Discontinued Cheapo Digitech GNX-3 - ($150 Used)

Could be even cheaper with a less expensive interface like a POD. The real "Secret Sauce" is the SSL Plugins and Condenser MIc. That mic is just unbeatable for the price. I always try to save money on gear so I can spend more on guitars. I"ve got 10 Guitars including my 6 string bass and I love all of them. Here's a pic of some of them.
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 2 2011, 11:29 PM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 10 2011, 03:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Since Chris provided the final drums for the song 2, i did a project file before the final mix. Here it is.

Todd or Christian: Can you handle bass parts? I'd be appriciated smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 18 2011, 12:58 AM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 10 2011, 05:25 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys, sounds awesome so far! Reaper won't play the guitar part, maybe I'm missing a plugin...I listened to the mp3s and this song is gonna rock. I can't remember, do we already have some lyrics for this one? I tried my luck with the first song and I'll gladly will do with this one as well...that is, if you guys think my voice is good enough laugh.gif
I've sent Todd my vocals for Temporal Narcosis yesterday, hopefully he can work with them.
I am currently recording riffs for our third song, I am also writing some lyrics for it...some personal stuff, if you guys don't mind wink.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 10 2011, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 10 2011, 04:25 PM) *
Hi guys, sounds awesome so far! Reaper won't play the guitar part, maybe I'm missing a plugin...I listened to the mp3s and this song is gonna rock. I can't remember, do we already have some lyrics for this one? I tried my luck with the first song and I'll gladly will do with this one as well...that is, if you guys think my voice is good enough laugh.gif
I've sent Todd my vocals for Temporal Narcosis yesterday, hopefully he can work with them.
I am currently recording riffs for our third song, I am also writing some lyrics for it...some personal stuff, if you guys don't mind wink.gif

Christian

Awesome! smile.gif Yeah i wrote lyrics for this song aswell smile.gif You can find them on the uplods/lyrics section and on kompoz smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 10 2011, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
By the way Christian can you record the bass parts of song 2?

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 10 2011, 11:03 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 11 2011, 07:13 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sure, do we have tabs for the song's riffs?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 11:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
We have tabs for 1 riff now, that one belong to Todd. There is another riff begongs to Todd also if you ask him he can make tabs. I will make the tabs of my riff today and post it here smile.gif Finally there is a riff you have written also, you can play the bass according to that smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2011, 08:14 AM
I"ve been messing with FX for the VOCAL TRACK and here is a ROUGH TEST. I don't think I"m lining it up right though. Give it a listen and let me know har far over the top I've gone smile.gif

Attached File  VocalTest_Mix3.mp3 ( 5.07MB ) Number of downloads: 133

CHRISTIAN: Did you start recording at the Zero point? Where the track starts before the intro? I can't seem to line it up.

I can also use my Guitar Rig Pro Bass plugin so that the guitar lines sound like Bass. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 12 2011, 11:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 12 2011, 07:14 AM) *
I"ve been messing with FX for the VOCAL TRACK and here is a ROUGH TEST. I don't think I"m lining it up right though. Give it a listen and let me know har far over the top I've gone smile.gif

CHRISTIAN: Did you start recording at the Zero point? Where the track starts before the intro? I can't seem to line it up.

Todd

Hey Todd, i'm having hard time to hear vocals in that mix sad.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 12 2011, 07:14 AM) *
I can also use my Guitar Rig Pro Bass plugin so that the guitar lines sound like Bass. smile.gif

Awesome! smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2011, 12:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Todd, sounds crazy! smile.gif

And yeah, I started at the zero point, in your mix the vocals are like a second ahead of the rest of the music...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2011, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2011, 06:47 AM) *
Hi Todd, sounds crazy! smile.gif

And yeah, I started at the zero point, in your mix the vocals are like a second ahead of the rest of the music...

The vocal track is really really quiet so I had to compress the crap out of it. I like what you are doing with it though smile.gif Technical issues aside I think you RAWK!

I"ll export the track solo with fx and maybe you can drop it in the mix and line it up to where you were thinking?

P.S. What is your signal path? How are you making this recording?

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 13 2011, 11:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 13 2011, 05:14 PM) *
The vocal track is really really quiet so I had to compress the crap out of it. I like what you are doing with it though smile.gif Technical issues aside I think you RAWK!

I"ll export the track solo with fx and maybe you can drop it in the mix and line it up to where you were thinking?

Good plan smile.gif By the way Todd, can you make the bass parts of song 2 in the meantime? I'm asking to you because you said that you have GR plugin that makes bass sounds smile.gif And also you know all the riffs smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2011, 07:35 AM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 13 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Good plan smile.gif By the way Todd, can you make the bass parts of song 2 in the meantime? I'm asking to you because you said that you have GR plugin that makes bass sounds smile.gif And also you know all the riffs smile.gif

Good point! Sure! smile.gif I"ll take a crack and the BASS tracks.

P.S. Did you guys see that post about Clayton Picks looking for new players to Endorse? Apply! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 14 2011, 07:36 AM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 14 2011, 12:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 14 2011, 06:35 AM) *
Good point! Sure! smile.gif I"ll take a crack and the BASS tracks.

P.S. Did you guys see that post about Clayton Picks looking for new players to Endorse? Apply! smile.gif

Yeah smile.gif I have applied already. Just waiting for an answer now smile.gif Hope they answer soon.

And one more thing Todd, if you done with adding fx to vocals upload the solo track here so Christian can line it up smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 14 2011, 12:41 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:23 AM