2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Downtime..., We are back up
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 9 2009, 10:27 PM
GMC Founder
After ~24 hours of downtime we are back up.

We had to urgently reinstall the GMC server's operating system - which also meant we had to format the main drive, and reinstall all the videos and lessons etc.

Having to take the server down like this for a system upgrade is something I hope we will never have to do again - and as precaution we now have a new service agreement with the hosting company.

To compensate for lost practicing time we will add three days of extra GMC access to everyone's account.

Also, I am happy we could gather at facebook while GMC was unavailable - I have bookmarked the page in case this should ever happen again (God forbid)

Personally I am very relieved that we are back online. And after being awake for two days, only one word springs to my mind...goodnight! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 9 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Glad to have GMC back! Good work! smile.gif And thanks a lot for the 3 extra days, that´s so kind of you!

2 days with no sleep? Oh my God! biggrin.gif Goodnight, Kris!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Apr 9 2009, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
Three days for one lost day at most? Unbelievable service.

Glad it's back up. smile.gif It's funny, only realised now how much GMC lessons became part of my everyday stuff now that it was gone for a day.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 9 2009, 10:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great work on getting it back up and running!! smile.gif Good night crew! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 9 2009, 10:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Well done guys - I can sleep easy tonight smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 9 2009, 10:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Well handled Kris and company smile.gif

Just crossing my fingers now we don't have to suffer like this ever again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 9 2009, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Excellent service Kris, thanks for the 3 days smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 9 2009, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Cool Kris, have some good rest and get back to rock smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 9 2009, 10:55 PM
Learning Roadie
It's great to have GMC back up Great job Kris and everybody else behind the scenes. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Pure torture....Thank god GMC IS BACK!!1 tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Apr 9 2009, 11:06 PM
1 day down ??

Seemed like 3 to me huh.gif No seriously, missed the site.

Thanks for the 3 days ! And goodnight to you too ! wink.gif

This post has been edited by djohnneay: Apr 9 2009, 11:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 9 2009, 11:10 PM
The Dark Canuck
Great to have this place back up and running. My withdrawal was bad enough, but Kris, I can only imagine what you were going through ohmy.gif I hope you have a great, peaceful, uninterrupted, stress free rest. You deserve it!!!

rok

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Apr 9 2009, 11:11 PM
Good to have gmc back again, really felt like something was missing during the downtime smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2009, 11:23 PM
Instructor
It's great to see GMC online again! Good night and great job Kris! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 9 2009, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Go get some sleep. I've been in your shoes before and it sucks.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 9 2009, 11:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Kris and everyone involved. I was starting to get the shakes from GMC withdraw so I'm glad we're back online.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Apr 9 2009, 11:33 PM
Instructor
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! laugh.gif laugh.gif It's great to see GMC online again! Go Kris!! gO kRIS!! laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Apr 9 2009, 11:33 PM
Have a good sleep and thanks for all the work smile.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Apr 9 2009, 11:38 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Glad to have GMC again. Life is not the same without it laugh.gif Good job Kris!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 9 2009, 11:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
There you all are. biggrin.gif Man, I have felt like a dog chasing his tail the last 2 days! laugh.gif Glad to see things back to normal and kudos to Kris and crew for making it happen so fast. Get some rest man, I'm sure you have been pretty stressed!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:02 PM