> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Ayang's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2015, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 23 2015, 11:38 AM) *
I think I need to learn my basics before doing the neoclassical exercise so that I can grasp the concept behind it.......

Well, you can even learn to play the lesson to work on technique aspects. The idea is to polish picking and vibrato. But if you preffer to avoid playing stuff that you don't understand we can go for this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...licks-beginner/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 24 2015, 02:49 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab,
How are you?....can you structure a weekly lesson for me that will start from absolute basics....I want to relearn the entire thing from scratch....and provide you weekly recs...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2015, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Ok! Here we go!

Week #1:

Warming up (10 minutes)

https://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY
Warming up & endurance

Technique work: (40 minutes)

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Theory work: (30 minutes)

Module 1: Major Scales

1. Major Scale (Shapes, sequences & arpeggios)

Use the scale over a backing track in major scale, and share your improvisations here.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 25 2015, 04:23 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jul 25 2015, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 25 2015, 03:20 PM) *
Ok! Here we go!

Week #1:

Warming up (10 minutes)

https://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY
Warming up & endurance

Technique work: (40 minutes)

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/
Legato: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Theory work: (30 minutes)

Module 1: Major Scales

1. Major Scale (Shapes, sequences & arpeggios)

Use the scale over a backing track in major scale, and share your improvisations here.

Master......thanks a lot....how GMC and specially you are helping me is commendable!!!!thanks a lot!!!!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2015, 07:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jul 25 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Master......thanks a lot....how GMC and specially you are helping me is commendable!!!!thanks a lot!!!!

Great to know it! Please keep me updated about your progress during the week and share audio or video in aroung 7/10 days to let me check your status to start the second routine.

Keep on the hard work.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Aug 29 2015, 01:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 26 2015, 06:42 PM) *
Great to know it! Please keep me updated about your progress during the week and share audio or video in aroung 7/10 days to let me check your status to start the second routine.

Keep on the hard work.

Hi,Gab

I have gone through the entire major scale workout that you gave me.But while improvising I am getting stuck.I have memorised the patterns of the scales but whenever I am trying to solo over them I am feeling stuck on notes.Since the note names are not memorised on the fretboard so I had to search for the notes of the scale to connect the scales.How should I work on this.Thanks.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2015, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Aug 29 2015, 09:54 AM) *
Hi,Gab

I have gone through the entire major scale workout that you gave me.But while improvising I am getting stuck.I have memorised the patterns of the scales but whenever I am trying to solo over them I am feeling stuck on notes.Since the note names are not memorised on the fretboard so I had to search for the notes of the scale to connect the scales.How should I work on this.Thanks.

Hi mate,

If you have worked on the whole lesson, you will be able to play 5 shapes of major scale but also some arpeggios. The workout that you have to do now is start improvising with Arpeggios over the backing track, following the chords with each arpeggio and trying to visualize the scale around it. Then, as soon as you can follow the chords with the arpeggios, start using the other scale tones to connect the arpeggio notes. This will slowly help you to design your own phrases.

Try it and let me know how it feels.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Aug 29 2015, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 29 2015, 01:18 PM) *
Hi mate,

If you have worked on the whole lesson, you will be able to play 5 shapes of major scale but also some arpeggios. The workout that you have to do now is start improvising with Arpeggios over the backing track, following the chords with each arpeggio and trying to visualize the scale around it. Then, as soon as you can follow the chords with the arpeggios, start using the other scale tones to connect the arpeggio notes. This will slowly help you to design your own phrases.

Try it and let me know how it feels.

What is your take on memorising fret board.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2015, 10:10 PM
Instructor
At first, I mostly memorized the lower strings and get the others by relationship with them. If you know where E, G, A and B are on string 6th, and where A, C, D, E, G are on 5th string, you can then find the other ones really fast by finding its octaves, using the intervals shapes. And you can also find the notes in between very fast.

Does this make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 1 2015, 09:09 AM
Hi Gab,

I am trying to record my playing in my laptop.I have got a DI box that I am using.My probem is that I am unable to recoed my instrument in Reaper x64.The steps that I have taken for recording are:

1.Connecting guitar to DI channel1 input
2.DI channel1 output is connected to laptop
3.Then in Reaper I have inserted a track.
4.I have clicked on FX button to add a LePou Hybrid Full stack plugin
5.In the Lepou I have loaded a vst preset.
6.In the track I have switched on Monitoring and also clicked on Record Armed
7.Then when I am clicking on record and the play button,and I am starting to play,nothing is getting recorded.

Kindly help.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2015, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, when playing, can you see the meter moving, so you are sure the signal is being received by Reaper? When monitoring, can you hear your guitar?

Here are some important settings to do before recording: https://youtu.be/3tL3LI3AK5A

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 1 2015, 07:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 1 2015, 12:24 PM) *
Hi mate, when playing, can you see the meter moving, so you are sure the signal is being received by Reaper? When monitoring, can you hear your guitar?

Here are some important settings to do before recording: https://youtu.be/3tL3LI3AK5A

Hi Gab,

Thanks.I will look into it.And will ask you if I have any further queries.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2015, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Ok!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 4 2015, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2015, 03:23 PM) *
Ok!

Hi Gab,

I have connected my guitar to laptop using a DI box.I have changed my driver in prefferences to ASIO from my system driver.I have armed the track and also set the monitoring ON.But still the reaper is not detecting any recording.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2015, 12:04 AM
Instructor
That's weird mate. Have your tried setting the audio recording settings from windows to see if your soundcard input are working?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 9 2015, 10:39 AM
Hi,

Today I started doing a solo on my own over the backing track.I was using the arpeggio shapes over the G major scale.I followed the G-D-C-D chord progression with the G-D-C-D arpeggios only at first.Then I connected the the scale notes with arpeggios notes.But this time I felt a bit constricted with soloing.The reason being I was unable to freely connect the scale notes with the arpeggio shapes and the solo was feeling very monotonous or same patterned although I tried quite a few no.of times.How to work on this?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, let's see if Joe gives you any cool ideas on this:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 16 2015, 03:05 PM

The link to the youtube vid:
Alternate Picking 1

Hi Gab,

I have recorded the alternate picking exercise.I have done it using my cell phone camera.The reason being I am still working on my Reaper to make it work.So,the vid quality and sound quality didnt come well.Besides in between you may also here my phone notification sound.But,its audible enough to get heard I gues.So,do check the above the link and post the feedback.

Thanks,

AyanG

This post has been edited by AyanG: Sep 17 2015, 08:44 AM

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2015, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Ayan, good job with this lesson! The video quality is ok to let me check your status. wink.gif

There are just some details to have in mind during the next days of practice. The first one is that the first 8th notes could be tighter, concentrate on timing on the first section.

The second thing that I note is that your dynamics are not consistent. The intensity of your picking is not regular and is not going with the backing. The 8th notes sound better while the 16th notes tend to sound much quieter. When playing 8th notes, you should slightly accentuate the first of each 2 notes. When playing 16th notes you should accentuate the first of each group of four. Listen to your take and you'll note that this accentuation isn't clear and that the 16th notes are played softer.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AyanG
Sep 17 2015, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 17 2015, 12:47 PM) *
Hi Ayan, good job with this lesson! The video quality is ok to let me check your status. wink.gif

There are just some details to have in mind during the next days of practice. The first one is that the first 8th notes could be tighter, concentrate on timing on the first section.

The second thing that I note is that your dynamics are not consistent. The intensity of your picking is not regular and is not going with the backing. The 8th notes sound better while the 16th notes tend to sound much quieter. When playing 8th notes, you should slightly accentuate the first of each 2 notes. When playing 16th notes you should accentuate the first of each group of four. Listen to your take and you'll note that this accentuation isn't clear and that the 16th notes are played softer.

Keep on the good job!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.While I was playing the 8th notes I was using the pick parallel to the string(my normal picking).And,in the 16th note I used the pick at an angle of around 45deg to the string,so that there is less pick area hitting the string which helped in fast picking.It was a bit hard to balance the accents,that I too felt.Will look about it in my further sittings.

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:36 PM