Rusty's Extreme Pentatonic Lesson, Where can I find it?
Kizaze44
Jul 12 2007, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
I was reading another post and I think it was Andrew who mentioned this lesson, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Kiz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 12 2007, 04:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jul 12 2007, 11:00 AM) *
I was reading another post and I think it was Andrew who mentioned this lesson, but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Kiz

Not me ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 12 2007, 04:11 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If it concerns Rusty (Cooley?) it might of been Pavel, hes the resident Rusty expert it seems smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Jul 12 2007, 04:17 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 12 2007, 11:11 AM) *
If it concerns Rusty (Cooley?) it might of been Pavel, hes the resident Rusty expert it seems smile.gif

Sorry, Andrew, it was Pavel who mentioned it. Hope he has the answer, as I'm looking to broaden my pentatonic horizon.

-Kizaze

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 13 2007, 01:07 AM
Instructor
Extreme Pentatonics is one of the Rusty's amazing lessons! BUT - it's really EXTREME!

You can buy it at www.chopsfromhell.com

First part of it is covering all pentatonic, blues and combinations of those 2 scales. Than come licks which are more than difficult. I use that lesson to grab some ideas and inspiration from it! smile.gif

Got any questions on Rusty - ask me! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 13 2007, 01:30 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 12 2007, 08:07 PM) *
....Got any questions on Rusty - ask me! biggrin.gif

I want your Unbias Opinion.

Guitar Duel who wins??

Rusty or Yngwie.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 13 2007, 01:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jul 13 2007, 02:30 AM) *
I want your Unbias Opinion.

Guitar Duel who wins??

Rusty or Yngwie.

Rusty! No doubts! Rusty is faster, he can sweep much better than Yngwie, stretches and other stuff....and his solos are much more interesting than Yngwies IMO!

But please let's not turn this topic in another Yngwie topic! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
funkymilk
Jul 13 2007, 02:11 AM
Wow, I looked Rusty up on youtube. He's "amazingly" fast. ^^ He' s name reminds me of some scary clown tho. Well, he's fast, I don't think yngwie could beat those sweeps. tongue.gif

--------------------
Dance with me !

+Quote Post
jammer91
Jul 16 2007, 06:42 PM
No offense guys, but rusty sounds like a frikkin robot....

I once heard this saying, its from guitarist (not sure who):
"Music with no emotion is MATH"

Rusty just goes on warp speed mode playing at ultra speeds with not giving people time to understand the music and go with the flow. It would be cool to think "how did he get so much time to practice to get to this speed?", but the fact is to me this mode of wondering lasts for less than ten seconds.

So if most of you want to be a real good guitarist then try and add emotion to your music, insted of trying to show off at how synchronized your fingers are.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 16 2007, 06:52 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Just because you dont feel emotion doesnt mean it isnt there. Learn That.

And by the way, you can play twice as fast as rusty and still have emotion. Speed, slow or fast, has NOTHING to do with emotion, nothing at all. Emotion in a certain muscian is just what you feel, and if you dont feel anything, to bad.

I say Rusty plays with plenty of emotion, i feel all of it.

QUOTE (jammer91 @ Jul 16 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Rusty just goes on warp speed mode playing at ultra speeds with not giving people time to understand the music and go with the flow

thats funny, cause i can understand the music, and his playing, doesnt mean i can play it, but i understand it.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 16 2007, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 16 2007, 07:52 PM) *
Just because you dont feel emotion doesnt mean it isnt there. Learn That.

And by the way, you can play twice as fast as rusty and still have emotion. Speed, slow or fast, has NOTHING to do with emotion, nothing at all. Emotion in a certain muscian is just what you feel, and if you dont feel anything, too bad.

Thanks for this answer! I couldn't put it better myself!! That's my exact opinion!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:40 AM