7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Gmc Holiday Collab!, Let's have some fun making music!
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2018, 08:20 AM
GMC:er
This is great and very cool of you to do! It really gives every single bit of information one would need to be able to create a bit of solo over this track. There really is no excuse now!
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 19 2018, 01:47 PM) *
Hey friends!! Here I'm sharing some improvisation tips for beginner so everybody gives this one a chance! Let me know if you have any question, and feel free to use this thread to share videos trying these ideas and exercises.

Guitar Pro File: [attachment=48103:collab_tips.gp5]

PDF Tabs: [attachment=48104:collab_tips.pdf]

10 Minutes Jamtrack: [attachment=48105:Winter_C...Jamtrack.mp3]

GUITAR TIP 1: "Simple melody using One Scale Shape"

In this one I show you an example of how much you can do with just a few notes. I'm using only the higher section of the first G Pentatonic Major Shape.

[attachment=48106:G_Major.jpg]

First play the scale up and down over the backing track, and get the feel of each note. Try singing the scale notes while playing so you get familiar with the sounds. Learn my melody,play it over the backing track and then create variations of it. Once you are comfortable and familiar with the sound of the scale, create your own phrases.

If you find this idea useful, try working with other sections from the Pentatonic Major Scale.

GUITAR TIP 2: "Simple melody using One String"

Here I show a melody played only using first string. This type of vertical playing is usually very cool to get more melodic solos, close to what a singer would do.

These are the notes from G major scale on 1st string:

[attachment=48107:gm.jpg]

Learn the notes, play them up and down, sing along with the sounds, and try your own melodies!

GUITAR TIP 3: "Simple melody using Triads"

This one is a bit trickier because I'm following the backing track chords with triads. What does it mean? It means that I play G triad when G is sounding, then switch to C triad when C is sounding, and so... This needs a lot of attention but the results are amazing!

These are the triads that I'm using.

G Triad:
[attachment=48108:G_triad.jpg]

C Triad:
[attachment=48109:C_triad.jpg]

Am Triad:
[attachment=48110:A_triad.jpg]

D Triad:
[attachment=48111:D_triad.jpg]

Em Triad:
[attachment=48112:em_triad.jpg]

Practice following the chords playing notes from the triads, once you can do it smoothly, try creating melodies focusing on these notes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Dec 22 2018, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Dec 22 2018, 03:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 22 2018, 05:02 PM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Dec 22 2018, 02:57 PM) *

Hi

Good idea and melodie , I love your whammy bar technic
Nice job

You can up the guitar volume on the violoning part

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 22 2018, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2018, 05:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Dec 21 2018, 01:09 PM) *
Hi Gab

Ok, all is here smile.gif
I add harmonic arpeggio, I hope you feel it good

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/1b2eb6e1b7bfbfff7e57.wav

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/66b7615171b5b5096f1f.wav

Great! I love it MisterM! Thanks a lot for your take and the nice video. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 21 2018, 05:51 PM) *
Just been messin, kept it simple and melodic, this is a warts and all take but just want to know if this kind of thing is okay?

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/crimbo-collab-2018-practise-take

Hi Phil, yes! This kind of melodic stuff works great over this backing track. Your phrasing and note choices is very tasty here. If you ask me, the only thing that I would work here is dynamics, and maybe bending and vibrato, to give this one more feeling. That's only if you have more time, if not, let's go for this one!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 22 2018, 04:20 AM) *
This is great and very cool of you to do! It really gives every single bit of information one would need to be able to create a bit of solo over this track. There really is no excuse now!

Thanks mate!! No more excuses!! smile.gif

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Dec 22 2018, 10:57 AM) *

Great job mate!! Your take is very creative and the overal solo sounds fresh to me. Cool use of whammy bar and other techniques. I like how your solo evolves and has different sections. Is this an improvisation or composed solo?

Thanks for taking the time to record a take for this one! smile.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Dec 22 2018, 11:14 AM) *
I'm in!

GREAT!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 23 2018, 08:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Gab said we could go for this take, so I'm posting it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Dec 23 2018, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 23 2018, 04:02 PM) *
Great! I love it MisterM! Thanks a lot for your take and the nice video. smile.gif

Hi Phil, yes! This kind of melodic stuff works great over this backing track. Your phrasing and note choices is very tasty here. If you ask me, the only thing that I would work here is dynamics, and maybe bending and vibrato, to give this one more feeling. That's only if you have more time, if not, let's go for this one!

Thanks mate!! No more excuses!! smile.gif

Great job mate!! Your take is very creative and the overal solo sounds fresh to me. Cool use of whammy bar and other techniques. I like how your solo evolves and has different sections. Is this an improvisation or composed solo?

Thanks for taking the time to record a take for this one! smile.gif

GREAT!!

Just toyed with a few ideas and stuck to this composition , when I'm coming up with ideas
I create a rough idea of what I need to play and sometimes play it differently to what I originally
Wanted, the mid section of the song like the volume swells were improvised .

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Dec 24 2018, 03:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My first idea.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Collab.mp3 ( 942.78K ) Number of downloads: 73

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 24 2018, 06:06 PM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 23 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Good job mate smile.gif

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Dec 24 2018, 03:50 PM) *
My first idea.

Great idea !
Nice technic and killer tone

This post has been edited by MisterM: Dec 24 2018, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2018, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 23 2018, 04:30 PM) *

Nice Adam!! Thanks a lot! Please remember to share audio files (only guitar and guitar + mix). smile.gif

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Dec 23 2018, 04:49 PM) *
Just toyed with a few ideas and stuck to this composition , when I'm coming up with ideas
I create a rough idea of what I need to play and sometimes play it differently to what I originally
Wanted, the mid section of the song like the volume swells were improvised .

Great! Good job mate. Please remember to share audio files (only guitar and guitar + mix).

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Dec 24 2018, 11:50 AM) *
My first idea.

Hi Beat! Everything sounds good on this one! I like your tone and delay settings. Good job!!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 24 2018, 07:24 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 25 2018, 07:03 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Attached File  Christmas_collab___12_23_18__7.36_PM.mp3 ( 2.15MB ) Number of downloads: 104

Updated with video and No backing file.

Attached File  Winter_collab_NB___1_1_19__5.43_PM.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 51

No Backing file

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Jan 2 2019, 12:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2018, 05:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 25 2018, 03:03 PM) *
Attached File  Christmas_collab___12_23_18__7.36_PM.mp3 ( 2.15MB ) Number of downloads: 104

This is my first idea. My video is not working at the moment.

Hi DeGroot! That's a killer solo mate. It sounds VERY Christmas!! smile.gif

I like your tone with long sustain, wah wah efect, and your playing with many slides and a lot of expression.

I hope that you can share a video too!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 27 2018, 10:38 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 24 2018, 07:27 PM) *
Nice Adam!! Thanks a lot! Please remember to share audio files (only guitar and guitar + mix). smile.gif

I did some extra work and I'm even pleased with the results. I'm enclosing two versions with and without the mix. Also I played around a bit and joined these two together. For someone inexperienced, I'd say it's not that bad.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Winter_Clean_stereo_with_mix.mp3 ( 732.56K ) Number of downloads: 52
Attached File  Winter_Clean_stereo_no_mix.mp3 ( 443.57K ) Number of downloads: 53
Attached File  Winter_Lead_stereo_no_mix.mp3 ( 461.94K ) Number of downloads: 47
Attached File  Winter_Lead_stereo_with_mix.mp3 ( 732.56K ) Number of downloads: 60
Attached File  Winter_mix.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 56

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 27 2018, 10:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 25 2018, 06:03 PM) *

This is my first idea. My video is not working at the moment.

that's awesome!
lovin' that wah usage, mega tasty smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 28 2018, 04:27 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks Scott for checking it out and your solo sounds really cool. smile.gif

Gabriel, I have a video recorded just need to figure out a problem with my computer. Should be able to sort it out over the weekend and send you files. thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2018, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 27 2018, 06:38 PM) *
I did some extra work and I'm even pleased with the results. I'm enclosing two versions with and without the mix. Also I played around a bit and joined these two together. For someone inexperienced, I'd say it's not that bad.

GREAT stuff Adam! Both ideas sound very musical. I'll work on the mix to make them go perfect together. When using two guitars playing on the same part of the neck, it's essential to make the perfect mix so both guitar go well mixed.

Thanks a lot!!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Dec 28 2018, 12:27 AM) *
Thanks Scott for checking it out and your solo sounds really cool. smile.gif

Gabriel, I have a video recorded just need to figure out a problem with my computer. Should be able to sort it out over the weekend and send you files. thanks!

Ok! Thanks mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Dec 28 2018, 06:48 PM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 27 2018, 10:38 PM) *

Good job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2018, 08:03 PM
Instructor
We are getting closer to the deadline!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 1 2019, 08:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
I will post my vocal files later today smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 1 2019, 10:58 AM
GMC Founder
I have sent my files via email to you Gab, I am very excited to see the outcome of this one! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:33 PM