2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Most Amazing Band To See Live....
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2008, 05:20 PM
Instructor
Hey GMC! I don't remember if we talk about this in the forum but it's always great to talk about this! smile.gif You know that with my band Cirse are doing the rehearsals to begin to present our first album and I'm always wondering how to do a great, interesting, amazing show... so we are always trying new things and watching DVDs... I can say that I find Jane's Addiction Live Shows one of the most amazing.. however I only see them on DVDs... Talking about the bands that I could see in Argentina, I remember Nine Inch Nails show as one of my favourites. I also enjoyed Kiss live.

Jane Says

What the most amazing band to see live for you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 17 2008, 05:28 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I remember when i saw iron maiden- the stage was awesome, Bruce was playing so well to the crowd and jumping off all sorts of things. I remember janick was insane- swinging his guitar around from his strap and spinning around and running about on stage while playing blistering leads- that was awesome.

Also dream theater- but i think it was more to do with "omg im watching dream theater". The video part of the show is really cool- but just their music is enough to make an awesome show. There are little parts during the show where you might see for example portnoy making a rude gesture about petrucci's extended soloing (as a joke ofcourse) and i think that was really cool to see them having so much fun on stage.

I think too many bands try to look cool on stage and the show just falls flat on its face- boring....

^^these guys rocked my socks off though biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Feb 17 2008, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
I was very impressed with Tool when I saw their live show last year, probably the best live band I've seen.

+Quote Post
Alucard
Feb 17 2008, 05:33 PM
Rhapsody of Fire looks amazing live. Unfortunately I've only been able to judge off their live DVD, but hopefully they'll come to Michigan soon laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Iron Maiden have a great show and Dream Theater an awesome playing... so it's really difficult to try biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Iron Maiden with Dickinson was awesome. I really enjoyed that show. I saw Dream Theater two years ago and they didn't sound good so I came back home sad... sad.gif
ActiveX: You saw tool live! You are very lucky man! Tell me more about that show! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Oh, didn't they sound good?? mmm I saw DT few times and they always had an awesome sound... where did you see them ??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2008, 06:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 17 2008, 01:58 PM) *
Oh, didn't they sound good?? mmm I saw DT few times and they always had an awesome sound... where did you see them ??

I saw them in an opened stadium and it was a day with strong wind. This place is very big and I never enjoy the bands that I see there...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 06:44 PM
Instructor
yeah, I supose that would be the reason... they always have a great tune and a great tech's

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 06:58 PM
Instructor
For me it has to be Blind Guardian or Rhapsody Of Fire- i saw both on DVD's only (i saw G3 live and DT live) and those are 2 bands that really make an awesome "family" atmosphere on their concerts smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 07:03 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Iron Maiden, No one comes close to it, its just so amazing.

I must also mention Nightwish, beautiful shows, and The Black Dahlia Murder for being the most violent and intense show ive ever seen smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 17 2008, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 17 2008, 12:03 PM) *
The Black Dahlia Murder for being the most violent and intense show ive ever seen smile.gif

I watched a video of them live, and there was some incredible moshing going on there.

Their singer's freakin insane laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Feb 17 2008, 09:14 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 17 2008, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 17 2008, 10:28 AM) *
I remember when i saw iron maiden- the stage was awesome, Bruce was playing so well to the crowd and jumping off all sorts of things. I remember janick was insane- swinging his guitar around from his strap and spinning around and running about on stage while playing blistering leads- that was awesome.

Also dream theater- but i think it was more to do with "omg im watching dream theater". The video part of the show is really cool- but just their music is enough to make an awesome show. There are little parts during the show where you might see for example portnoy making a rude gesture about petrucci's extended soloing (as a joke ofcourse) and i think that was really cool to see them having so much fun on stage.

I think too many bands try to look cool on stage and the show just falls flat on its face- boring....

^^these guys rocked my socks off though biggrin.gif

Portnoy gets angry sometimes, check this, its funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3WgPoXXrj0

tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 17 2008, 09:18 PM
The problem with Dream Theater Live is that the vocalist Labrie is awful and has much editing on albums. My favourite bands live have been The Pixies, Muse, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Megadeth and that's it I guess.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 17 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 17 2008, 02:18 PM) *
The problem with Dream Theater Live is that the vocalist Labrie is awful and has much editing on albums. My favourite bands live have been The Pixies, Muse, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Megadeth and that's it I guess.

This is DT playing Metropolis with an orchestra, James sounds incredible IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNp4tMcpM10

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 17 2008, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 17 2008, 08:26 PM) *

biggrin.gif

That is an official release and so therefore would have been edited in studio. Get a video of him live that is an amateur shot off youtube. You willsee the difference. I've seen them 4 times. All times he has been awful. Rest of the band are always spot on.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Batista
Feb 17 2008, 09:38 PM
AFI is clearly the most amazing band I could see live. Following are some various performances by them.

AFI - Days Of The Phoenix
AFI - This Time Imperfect
AFI - Death Of Seasons

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 17 2008, 10:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
For me it would have to be either Bruce & E street band or Iron Maiden.

One has the greatest live rock I've seen, the others the best heavy smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 17 2008, 10:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I really like Lamb Of God. They have an awesome live show biggrin.gif
Stone Sour is nice too! Corey knows how to interact with the audience!

I saw Tool too, but I didn't find them that good...
But it was on a festival, and I was standing on the side of the audience...
Might have been that.

EDIT: And Maiden ofcourse! biggrin.gif
EDIT 2: And Black Dahlia Murder! Insane show! And their singer is a very nice guy

This post has been edited by Davidian: Feb 17 2008, 10:21 PM

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 10:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Feb 17 2008, 09:26 PM) *

biggrin.gif

well, in the last years James have improved a lot, last time that I saw DT he had an awesome voice... in fact he said that he had some health problems related with his voice for lot of years but now he is Ok and he had his own voice wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:05 PM