Thanks To Gmc!
derper
Jun 1 2012, 07:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
I just wanted to extend another thanks to GMC, the instructors, the students and everyone involved. I've made more progress in 6 months than ever, and it shows. I was listening to this improv moment from one of our recent rehearsal sessions, and I couldn't believe what I heard!

I isolated my section below.

http://soundcloud.com/audioinjection-1/bad-enough-solo

I'm very happy with the player I'm becoming. Thanks to everyone here for making this community what it is!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 1 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Wow, that's really great ! Didn't know you had those jazz chops man !? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 1 2012, 08:01 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Good stuff man smile.gif Keep it up and send more of these when you get a chance!
There is no feeling like the one you have when you see you are making good progress with something you are passionate about. I think everyone here at GMC in one way or another experiences that thanks to the awesome community we have here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 1 2012, 11:15 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Congrats man, keep at it cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 1 2012, 11:45 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
That sounded real smooth derper cool.gif Always good to hear the hard practicing paying off!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 1 2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Awesome. Congrats man! smile.gif I wish I could improvise... learning.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 1 2012, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Congrats man! You are doing a great job! Nice playing on that take! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
derper
Jun 1 2012, 08:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks so much all!! Again, that particular practice took me to a whole 'nother level!! I just felt so confident, relaxed, playful.... it was the culmination of everything I've been working on, every jazz show I've watched, and even the influence of our newly added EMULATOR guitarist.

So, after listening farther into that session, the "jazz" just kept coming.

http://soundcloud.com/planet-jackers/07-smuggler

Is it worth mentioning, that I don't really understand jazz theory? It's kind of embarrassing to be at the level I am as a player, but I still don't know theory very well. I'm REALLY trying to bridge that gap! But, as John Scofield tends to encourage....he says not to approach solos as "I'm going to play an Am7 arpeggio over the IV chord, and then...". He stresses the importance of using that knowledge/experience to express yourself freely in the moment, and to seek out your own melody from within. Of course, it depends on the style of music. Here at GMC, I'm in the minority it seems, as a jazz/funk player....but I'm learning SO MUCH from all of the styles of music I can get my hands on. In fact, the legato etc is building hand strength and speed which has allowed me to see great results even in the funk/jazz playing!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2012, 08:39 PM
Instructor
Oh man biggrin.gif you amaze me everytime smile.gif Gabe you know what - you just gave me a cool idea regarding a new thread biggrin.gif thank you bro!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:51 PM