Which Easy Songs To Play?
Chres
Aug 28 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
Hello GMC.

I would not call my self a beginner nor a pro.

Something between these two stages, so:

Do you guys know some medium level songs that would be god for practice?

Thanks ^^

- Chres

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 28 2008, 06:50 PM
Instructor
What styles do you play?, If it is rock, most stuff on the radio is easy and fun to play.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 28 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
What do you like to listen? There are a lot of songs out there...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chres
Aug 28 2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, I am so sorry, I forgot that part.

Well. I like Metal, Rock and a litte funk, but i thought that the most metal songs are quite hard to play.

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 28 2008, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Chres @ Aug 28 2008, 08:29 PM) *
Oh, I am so sorry, I forgot that part.

Well. I like Metal, Rock and a litte funk, but i thought that the most metal songs are quite hard to play.

Asfor metal songs i would suggest maybe Primo Victoria by Sabaton or Night of passion by The Poodles. They are fun and easy to play

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 28 2008, 08:11 PM
Instructor
I think you could try playing some Extreme songs. Nuno Bettencourt has some awsome rhythm guitar and they are not quite simple but maybe you can handle it.
Beatle songs are always good, like Blackbird.
And of course you can always play radio stuff like Linkin Park or some songs that have simple fifth chords.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 28 2008, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Aug 28 2008, 03:31 PM) *
Asfor metal songs i would suggest maybe Primo Victoria by Sabaton or Night of passion by The Poodles. They are fun and easy to play

I agree with superize, Primo Victoria is a easy song but really cool, so if you wanna play something easy but cool to play, that´s the song mate! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 28 2008, 09:30 PM
Instructor
why not learning some movie sound tracks, for example the Simpsons or other TV series wink.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 28 2008, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Turn your amp level to 11 and rock on with some AC/DC smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 28 2008, 11:07 PM
I would you suggest you to pick a lot of easy songs, and one hard song that you really really really like. For the easy songs, and the level you said, I would try Nirvana, The Offspring, U2, metallica (just rhythm part), black sabbath...

The hard song you practice just a little bit every day. Very slowly. It's gonna take time, but this will take you to another level. cool.gif It is important you just love the song so that you don't lose motivation.

Here is me playing sultans of swing, in July 2007, which was waaaay beyond my level when I started practicing it at November 2006.
Not perfect, but one can really see the improvement wink.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNJMdlct3c

If you want to know, the second solo I could not do anything faster than 40% speed in the beginning...

And by the way, any song is easier to learn and practice if you have guitar pro.

This post has been edited by Gus: Aug 28 2008, 11:12 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 29 2008, 04:17 AM
Instructor
I found Faith No More songs to be great practice many years ago. Especially the song Epic. It's got great rhythm-practice, and the solos are doable if you give it enough practice.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Aug 29 2008, 04:18 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 29 2008, 04:43 AM
Godsmack has some simple and fun stuff! I stand alone is alot of fun. Actually this topic completely reminded me of Godsmack.. they are awsome smile.gif Anyways Iron Maiden has a bunch of great tunes that are pritty easy and fun. Aces High is my favorite by Iron Maiden. If you want a bit more of a challenge play stuff by Lamb of God.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 29 2008, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Judas Priest have some cool songs which rock and are easy to play.

+Quote Post
Toroso
Aug 30 2008, 02:16 AM
QUOTE (superize @ Aug 28 2008, 02:31 PM) *

One thing I love about forums like this, always finding new bands! biggrin.gif I've never heard of these two.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 30 2008, 02:44 AM
All of Yngwie Malmsteen's stuff is easy...... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Sep 1 2008, 12:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM