Fender Vintage Synchronized Tremolo Set-up
Ajmurrell
Sep 5 2008, 12:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi all,

I've attempted to set-up my guitar with a floating tremolo, but would like to make sure I've done it right and make sure I'm not damaging my guitar!!

I have a 50's vintage Strat which has a vintage synchronized tremolo. The way I've got mine set-up is to accomdate for a turorial on Jeff Beck's "Where were you", which requires the G-string to be able to raise up a tone and a half.

The way I've done it, I deduced by myself, and thus could be potentially damaging!!

I've done this by loosening the two "claw" screws at the back of the guitar, raising the tremolo up and then reducing string height and intonation accordingly.

I think this is more or less the way to do it, but I'm noticing that it's rather more stiff to press donw on to the tremolo and this is what I was wondering if there was a simple way to change?

The one thing I've not adjusted during this are the pivot screws, would this help make the tremolo easier to decompress?

I'm using standard 10 gauge strings, and have 3 springs in the back at the moment and the claw screws themselves are in line with each other.

I've noticed some people angle their claw screws, would this help?

Thanks in for your help guys smile.gif I can upload some photo's if it would help.

Cheers,

Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 PM