Floyd Rose
Cherio
Aug 7 2007, 07:23 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC!!
I have recently bought a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo and for some reason when i dive bomb the low E string hits the humbucker pickup and the string hits the magnet and when i release the bar the low E comes up ringing. I don't know if I should make the action higher, or if buying a humbucker cover will solve the issue. Also could someone tell me how to tune down 1/2 a step on a floyd? I have no idea if its any different from doing it on a standard axe.

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
CHEERIO'S
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 7 2007, 07:28 AM
QUOTE (Cherio @ Aug 7 2007, 02:23 AM) *
Hey GMC!!
I have recently bought a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo and for some reason when i dive bomb the low E string hits the humbucker pickup and the string hits the magnet and when i release the bar the low E comes up ringing. I don't know if I should make the action higher, or if buying a humbucker cover will solve the issue. Also could someone tell me how to tune down 1/2 a step on a floyd? I have no idea if its any different from doing it on a standard axe.

Cheers!

As far as the dive bomb,you may need to raise the action on the E string or lower your humbucker some more.As for the drop tuning just take your locks off the top part of neck and tune down 1/2 step.Tuning down much more than that would require you to adjust the back of guitar.I would just take it to your local shop and get them to set it up to your specs if your unsure what your doing smile.gif

Good Luck Shredmandan

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 7 2007, 09:41 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 7 2007, 08:28 AM) *
As far as the dive bomb,you may need to raise the action on the E string or lower your humbucker some more.As for the drop tuning just take your locks off the top part of neck and tune down 1/2 step.Tuning down much more than that would require you to adjust the back of guitar.I would just take it to your local shop and get them to set it up to your specs if your unsure what your doing smile.gif

Good Luck Shredmandan

+1 lower the humbucker a tiny bit if you're happy with the string action.

If you always want to play 1/2 tuned down. Tune it and adjust the tremolo to be aligned with the body. if it's just temporary, keep the standard tuning seting of the tremolo and just do what shredmandan said.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 7 2007, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 7 2007, 04:41 AM) *
+1 lower the humbucker a tiny bit if you're happy with the string action.

If you always want to play 1/2 tuned down. Tune it and adjust the tremolo to be aligned with the body. if it's just temporary, keep the standard tuning seting of the tremolo and just do what shredmandan said.

Thanks MickM smile.gif
I should have explained that part better.Your tremolo is set to be tuned in standard E tunning.If you plan to always plan in a lower tune you should adjust the tremolo .Adjusting a Floyd rose was a pain for me though,best thing to do is if you have 2 guitars use one for lower tunning and the other for standard. smile.gif Also i dont know if you play heavy but dont try to tune down to C on the floyd without it being adjusted first.I tryed that on mine before i knew about it and it went crazy on me because it wasent set right at the bridge.

Shredmandan

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:42 AM