Les Paul Test
JVM
Feb 11 2008, 03:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Here's a soundclip of my new les paul doing some kind of spooky/tense bluesy stuff (at least thats how it sounds to me). Still have the splint on my hand so nothing fancy, and really i know it's a lot of repetition but listen to the tone wink.gif

Attached File  lespaultest.mp3 ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 229

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 11 2008, 04:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey, its always fun getting a new toy. That is a really nice find, just beautiful. Saw your other post and was hoping you would post a sound clip. Those pickups sound great! Very vintage. Big rich tone! Thanks for sharing, but now I'm jealous. wub.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 11 2008, 04:39 AM
GMC:er
What kinda les paul? Pictures would be nice.

Really big fat warm tone! Very nice and congrats.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 11 2008, 04:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Pictures here. smile.gif

Once I get the splint off my hand I think I'm going to try to turn this and the other upload I did into more expanded versions, cause I like 'em tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 11 2008, 05:23 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 11 2008, 05:42 AM) *
Pictures here. smile.gif

Once I get the splint off my hand I think I'm going to try to turn this and the other upload I did into more expanded versions, cause I like 'em tongue.gif

What a gret tone! I can bealive you got it so cheap Oo, I think my guitar costed more than that!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 11 2008, 06:22 AM
Learning Roadie
I fell in love with it when I first tried it out. It is partially hollow, carved out spaces in the solid body, which results in a plus to the tone IMO, and it also sounds somewhat louder than normal when playing unplugged. Which also makes it lighter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 11 2008, 06:30 AM
Learning Roadie
If any line 6 users want the tone I used here lemme know and I'll probably upload it tomorrow. Just basic stuff from a toneport GX so almost every line 6 user should have all the necessary models.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Feb 11 2008, 10:14 AM
I really like that tone, perfect for my taste, and the melody was quite nice too. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 11 2008, 03:29 PM
Sounds great, and damn it looks nice!!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Feb 11 2008, 03:56 PM

Very nice played, and great sound...

I love les paul myself, so i can only good choice!! tongue.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 11 2008, 08:54 PM
Instructor
The guitar sounds great, so warm and rich tone! true Gibson sound! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2008, 09:42 PM
Instructor
Great sound, great looking LP man. Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 11 2008, 10:54 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Really nice. Is that the neck pickup?

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 11 2008, 11:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes it was mostly in the neck position with the tone rolled down to about 7.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 12 2008, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Its great how you got the drum sound out of it ohmy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

nah seriously I`d love a clean sound like that, really nice, looks a lovely guitar as well mate, gratz! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 12 2008, 02:08 AM
Learning Roadie
Well I'd upload my preset for it, but I can't find where its saved tongue.gif Which is weird cause I've done this before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 12 2008, 03:47 AM
what a killer tone
I sense a slight western feel to it

reminded me of a lone nomadic guitar player laying down some note as he travels through the desert... heh tongue.gif, thats the only way I can describe it... it's very nice

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 12 2008, 04:14 AM
Learning Roadie
It is partly inspired by man in the long black coat by bob dylan, but only because its such a good album and it inspires everything I do tongue.gif But this song has a very western feel to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:56 PM