Need some help buying a new guitar
joebar
Jan 18 2007, 06:07 PM
GMC:er
Hi there ...

i would like to buy a new guitar in a few weeks. But i´m not sure what might be the right one for me.
I know, best way to find out is to test some guitars in a store but maybe i can get a few tips from you guys:)

Ok here my description.....

1. easy to play, that means a low string position, so that i have not to use much pressure ...

2. A powerfull rocksound (like Van Halen´s first Album) but also a warm and full sound when playing pickin guitar technics.

3. A small fingerboard, because i have not such long fingers biggrin.gif

4. Appearance wink.gif

Another question is, the sound i like, described at point 2, is it better to use single coil or humbucker pickup?

Finally it should not more than 400 euro ... i know that is not so much, but i hope i can get a good guitar for that money smile.gif

I found a Ibanez RG321 and a GRG270B, this might be a guitar that fits my needs ??
What do you think about these two guitars, specialy the GRG270B?

PS: Sorry about my bad english, that´s the other thing i have to work on, beside my guitar training biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by joebar: Jan 18 2007, 06:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 18 2007, 07:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The Jackson DK2M or ESP LTD H-400
Both with Seymour Duncan pu's JB + Jazz in the Jackson and JB + '59.

Humbuckers! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 19 2007, 04:31 PM
I have a GRG270B, It's a very good guitar for the price.

The 5-way pickup switch gives you a huge variety of tones you can adapt. It's got 2 Ibanez Powersound humbuckers and a PS1 single coil, Which again, gives you a big tonal range. The action on mine isn't bad at all. The only problem I have with this guitar is the single coil pickup, It's abit too high (I've adjusted the height to be as low and possible) so it becomes difficult to pick at times.

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Feb 13 2007, 10:55 PM
PRS santana

PRS Santana, it has a smaller fretboard, and it is easy to play, has 2 humbuckers, gives warm sound etc. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 14 2007, 11:44 AM
My advice is general.

1) Always buy good equipment, as good as you can afford, and maybe better. Get something that you feel "I am satisfied".
2) There is no perfect guitar. If you really are going to get serious, you will want several. You try to get a "do it all guitar", you will get a guitar mediocre at everything, great at nothing.

Try to get a good buy on the guitar. I purchased a really nice Les Paul Reissue new for $2,300 new American recently from a reputable dealer. They sale on Musicians Friend for $3,000. I got a new American Strat for $750 recently, very pretty three tone. $200 less than Musicians Friend. You can get more guitar for your money than you may realize, if you look around. And if you get a good price, well you can sell it for about what you paid for it if it comes to that. And then you get the guitar you are satisfied with.

Again, 1 won't be enough if you get serious, you need 6 or 7. smile.gif

This post has been edited by fkalich: Feb 14 2007, 12:15 PM

+Quote Post
joebar
Feb 21 2007, 03:33 PM
i have buy a new guitar and what should i say... it´s not the one i expectet to buy wink.gif

I try Ibanez,Less Paul Standard also differnet Cort and Yamaha models, but best feeling to play i have on a
Epiphone SG 400. The fretboard is not as small as the ibanez models, but i assert that it was a mistake thinking that small fingerns need a small fretboard. It´s what the hole hand might feel playing on the fretboard. Another thing was the sound. I pluged in the SG and i think, wow, that the sound i would like to play. So i choose the SG 400, so..thank everyone for respondig smile.gif

This post has been edited by joebar: Feb 21 2007, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 22 2007, 03:26 AM
congrats joebar!!! it's a wonderful feeling when you find the one thats perfect for you.... biggrin.gif

nate

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
jete124
Feb 22 2007, 04:39 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 14 2007, 05:44 AM) *
My advice is general.

1) Always buy good equipment, as good as you can afford, and maybe better. Get something that you feel "I am satisfied".
2) There is no perfect guitar. If you really are going to get serious, you will want several. You try to get a "do it all guitar", you will get a guitar mediocre at everything, great at nothing.

Try to get a good buy on the guitar. I purchased a really nice Les Paul Reissue new for $2,300 new American recently from a reputable dealer. They sale on Musicians Friend for $3,000. I got a new American Strat for $750 recently, very pretty three tone. $200 less than Musicians Friend. You can get more guitar for your money than you may realize, if you look around. And if you get a good price, well you can sell it for about what you paid for it if it comes to that. And then you get the guitar you are satisfied with.

Again, 1 won't be enough if you get serious, you need 6 or 7. smile.gif

Do you have any tips on where to find good deals? Except for Ebay that is, I really don't trust that site for large purchases. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Feb 22 2007, 04:39 AM
Don't get Epiphone! Always stick with Gibson! It may be pricier but it is way worth it. Oh, and the Les Paul is a great guitar but really heavy. Don't get an RG. It is a really low end guitar.

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 22 2007, 05:35 AM
Shecter C-1+: this guitar rules because you can get a really nice warm guitar for half a price of any high end guitars(ie Gibson Fenders, Ibanez, PRS etc). It changes from humbucker to a single coil via coil tap. Duncan Design. And also a great finish on the body itself. Its good on metal, blues, clean and anything in between.

Another guitar that i am fairly favored of is the Fender 60th anniversarry. The single coils are really good for blues and classic rock. Run it through some tube emulator pedals and you got yourself an SRV, Henderix, King, sound. The p/u's are meant to fit a classic fender sound, hey this is why we play fender is because of the blues element it has, and this guitar really emphasis on that sound.

But keep in mind that the guitarist makes the guitar. Having expensive guitars will not make you play any better. Even if your good, higher end guitars are waste of money well for me anyway.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:26 PM