5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Sequence Collaboration - In Class Collaboration #1, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Feb 12 2009, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Upload your takes here.

For more information regarding this collaboration go HERE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sami
Feb 13 2009, 12:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here biggrin.gif

Attached File  seqcollab_w__backing.mp3 ( 899.71K ) Number of downloads: 282

Attached File  seqcollab_w_o_backing.mp3 ( 896.04K ) Number of downloads: 210

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 12:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sami @ Feb 13 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Here biggrin.gif

Attached File  seqcollab_w__backing.mp3 ( 899.71K ) Number of downloads: 282

Attached File  seqcollab_w_o_backing.mp3 ( 896.04K ) Number of downloads: 210

Thanks Sami
I sent you PM about your take wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matich
Feb 13 2009, 05:12 AM
GMC:er
*edit*

This post has been edited by Matich: Feb 13 2009, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 13 2009, 08:31 AM
QUOTE (Matich @ Feb 13 2009, 05:12 AM) *
Not really repetitive i guess, but i just felt the vibe goin on and did it...i hope it's still decent smile.gif
and yeah, it's still WAV. i guess i don't have the encoder for it on my comp, because it won't let me export as mp3.. i'll download it for next time...

Tried this? LAME ENCODER

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 13 2009, 08:54 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 13 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Tried this? LAME ENCODER

hey just a question

is this Lame encoder for reaper ?

thx
Harry

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 13 2009, 09:10 AM
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 13 2009, 08:54 AM) *
hey just a question

is this Lame encoder for reaper ?

thx
Harry

No, you export to wav from Reaper or whatever DAW you have. Then you use LAME to encode the wav-file to mp3.
Encoders built into DAW's are often not that good, many people claims there is a big difference if you export mp3 from Cubase for example vs another encoder... LAME is supposed to be one of the best encoders out there. It's very easy to use, you set the mp3 settings/quality you want in lame, then open it. Then you just drag the wav-file onto the lame-program and it's ready.. Don't use any resources from pc either.

This post has been edited by ztevie: Feb 13 2009, 09:11 AM

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 13 2009, 09:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here is my first take:
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence01.mp3 ( 968.2K ) Number of downloads: 262
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence01_nbt.mp3 ( 994.32K ) Number of downloads: 157

For the beginning i wanted to do something really simple. I have started with basic triad arpeggios and extended the lick each time a bit further. It's an interesting exercise to really think about each note and it's position in the chord. This is of course not my final take, so i just uploaded one file with backing track. Hope this is what you meant with sequence for this class.

Edit : uploaded guitar only take ..

This post has been edited by wrk: Feb 21 2009, 12:45 AM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 10:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matich @ Feb 13 2009, 05:12 AM) *
Not really repetitive i guess, but i just felt the vibe goin on and did it...i hope it's still decent smile.gif
and yeah, it's still WAV. i guess i don't have the encoder for it on my comp, because it won't let me export as mp3.. i'll download it for next time...

We are looking for sequence, very simple approach - you play an idea then move it trough the scale.
No improvising solo writing etc.
I will send you PM about it.

QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 13 2009, 09:40 AM) *
Here is my first take:
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence01.mp3 ( 968.2K ) Number of downloads: 262

For the beginning i wanted to do something really simple. I have started with basic triad arpeggios and extended the lick each time a bit further. It's an interesting exercise to really think about each note and it's position in the chord. This is of course not my final take, so i just uploaded one file with backing track. Hope this is what you meant with sequence for this class.

Sounds good Andy.
You combined motive development with sequence smile.gif

This take would be A for this class, however you can do more takes with different number of notes and rhythms.

Good work man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 13 2009, 11:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 10:52 AM) *
Sounds good Andy.
You combined motive development with sequence smile.gif

This take would be A for this class, however you can do more takes with different number of notes and rhythms.

Good work man smile.gif

Ah, i see, now i get an idea what "motive development" means.

Sure i will upload more takes, at least continue to work using only this approach. In fact i don't have problems to find a lick for the first chord, but move this instantly to another chord is not easy. This is a good exercise for this. Thanks Pedja, this collab series will be so useful ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 13 2009, 12:18 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
here is mine from yesterday
not finished yet, just posted it in my agenda to get sure what Pedja is meaning

still need to work on the execution, some notes are not pretty good

cya
Harry

This post has been edited by big harry: Feb 13 2009, 12:27 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sequence_collab_take_1.wma ( 588.53K ) Number of downloads: 142

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 03:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 13 2009, 11:05 AM) *
Ah, i see, now i get an idea what "motive development" means.

Sure i will upload more takes, at least continue to work using only this approach. In fact i don't have problems to find a lick for the first chord, but move this instantly to another chord is not easy. This is a good exercise for this. Thanks Pedja, this collab series will be so useful ... smile.gif

Motive development is awesome and you really nailed it in that attempt. I also think you could have started differently like I did to display some other sequence ideas as well.
This is perfect exercise as it forces you to think about your original idea, what the structure of it is, number of notes and melodic shape, and how to move it trough the scale smile.gif

Thanks Andy I hope so too !

QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 13 2009, 12:18 PM) *
here is mine from yesterday
not finished yet, just posted it in my agenda to get sure what Pedja is meaning

still need to work on the execution, some notes are not pretty good

cya
Harry

Beautiful Harry. Ideas are perfect just execution is a bit sloppy. I am sure if you record it one more time it would be perfect. Overall great example for everybody to hear what I am looking for wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Feb 13 2009, 04:42 PM
Here's mah takes tongue.gif

Oh, and the pickups used on this guitar is my first homemade that I really like. I think i've finally found a model that works biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Oxac__W0BT.mp3 ( 536.25K ) Number of downloads: 165
Attached File  Oxac__WBT.mp3 ( 536.25K ) Number of downloads: 317

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 04:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Feb 13 2009, 04:42 PM) *
Here's mah takes tongue.gif

Oh, and the pickups used on this guitar is my first homemade that I really like. I think i've finally found a model that works biggrin.gif

Nice take but it doesn't contain 100% sequence in it unfortunately.

I want to hear an idea that gets moved trough chords. 4 times of same chord progression = 4 different ideas moved trough chords.

Listen to Andy's, Harry's and Emir's take - if you haven't already heard mine smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Feb 13 2009, 04:46 PM
Oh, I just thought that it should contain sequences (which it does). Not that it only should consist of sequences.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Feb 13 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Oh, I just thought that it should contain sequences (which it does). Not that it only should consist of sequences.

I see where you are coming from smile.gif I heard sequences in your solo but I want just sequences isolated by them selves. It should be much easier then combining it with different elements which you did. For time being just 4 different sequences preferably wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Feb 13 2009, 04:50 PM
ok.. I'll make another entry another day. I've got stuff do to now (eat per example) smile.gif I like the backing a lot, very smooth.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Feb 13 2009, 04:50 PM) *
ok.. I'll make another entry another day. I've got stuff do to now (eat per example) smile.gif I like the backing a lot, very smooth.

Awesome Oxac
Sorry if it wasn't clear in the first post. I look forward to your next one wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 13 2009, 04:54 PM
Ok, my 1st attempt. I kept it simple first, the only jumping around that occurs is in the 3rd section. I only kept the root note as landing note in the 1st section, but I returned to the idea an octave higher in the very last one.

Playing is sloppy at some places because I still need to get used to such tone not as compressed as in overdrive and that has much dynamics.

I love this chord progression so I'll hope I'll be able to come up with more smile.gif

Attached File  sequence_collab_berko.mp3 ( 549.31K ) Number of downloads: 180

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 05:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Feb 13 2009, 04:54 PM) *
Ok, my 1st attempt. I kept it simple first, the only jumping around that occurs is in the 3rd section. I only kept the root note as landing note in the 1st section, but I returned to the idea an octave higher in the very last one.

Playing is sloppy at some places because I still need to get used to such tone not as compressed as in overdrive and that has much dynamics.

I love this chord progression so I'll hope I'll be able to come up with more smile.gif

Attached File  sequence_collab_berko.mp3 ( 549.31K ) Number of downloads: 180

Beautiful ideas I like them. You need to clean up sloppy playing it will be great.

Also I don't know why you don't stop when the backing ends?
Most of takes so far (including Emir's) go after B and resolve to C# minor. This is cool when you play in a pop song context, but when backing track is there you have to start and end where you are supposed to do so - otherwise its extra work for me to delete your endings smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:45 AM