5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
"satriani" Ibanez Guitar.., Any good?
Jesse
Apr 14 2009, 04:10 PM
GMC:er
Monte, delivery fees.... im in holland:D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 14 2009, 04:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 13 2009, 09:34 PM) *
well lets ask you this....why do you want the JS model in the first place?

have you tried the guitar out before?

haha, just becuase it has JS on it, Joe Satriani wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 14 2009, 04:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 14 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Monte, delivery fees.... im in holland:D

Will do.....What bridge do you want it routed for....don't think it matters as far as cost though.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 14 2009, 04:17 PM
the best one.. if it doesnt matter as far as cost. I would like the ibanez headstock, and kind of thin fender strat rosewood neck xD

But, u got some info on his quality..? Where does he get his stuff from..? Doesnt sound good:D

WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING CUSTOM ONE OFF ORDERS......WE WILL ONLY MAKE THE NECKS AND BODIES THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION TO DO.....ALL THE CUSTOM STUFF TAKES WAY TOO LONG AND COST TOO MUCH MONEY.....WE WILL ALSO BE MAKING A PAGE OF CURRENT STOCK WITH PRICES AND PICTURES FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY....AND WILL PRIMARILY SELL FROM THAT....IF YOU THINK YOU MAY WANT SOMETHING DOWN THE ROAD WITH DIFFERENT WOODS, THEN GIVE ME A HEADS UP AND ILL TRY TO MAKE IT....RIGHT NOW I AM ONLY FINISHING UP OUTSTANDING ORDERS AND SHOULD HAVE THAT DONE BY THE END OF THE WEEK...

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 14 2009, 04:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 14 2009, 04:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 14 2009, 02:46 PM) *
Jesse, for 700E I would seriously consider buying all the parts separately and building it yourself!!! have a look at WARMOTH!! I've built several guitars using their parts and their quality is awesome!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's quite hard to get on with this site. The products are cool, but I can't seem to buy anything, I am logged in...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 14 2009, 04:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 14 2009, 04:30 PM) *
It's quite hard to get on with this site. The products are cool, but I can't seem to buy anything, I am logged in...

I think you actually have to call to order Kaz....but I could be wrong. smile.gif Whatcha gonna buy Kazmandu......

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 14 2009, 04:33 PM
some crazy custom kaz-boxes with KAZ ingraved ofcourse!:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 04:34 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 14 2009, 07:59 AM) *
Marc...of all the "Edge" trems which one do you feel is the best. I am only familiar with the Edge Zero and ZR....both of which ROCK!!! smile.gif

I think you'll be happiest doing this....I would order the body now if you can...probably be about $200-250...could take 3-6 months just to get this. I'll check for you. smile.gif

i like the lo pro edge...the quality was amazing, and on the guitar i have now, its lasted 15 years!

the edge pro and edge zero are somewhat the same except that the zero has the ZR system integrated which is cool..honestly...there is no difference, some say the edge zero feels a little stiff, but i prefer that actually

the reason why they dont make lo pro edges anymore is because it got to expensive using floyd rose patents

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 14 2009, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 14 2009, 05:17 PM) *
the best one.. if it doesnt matter as far as cost. I would like the ibanez headstock, and kind of thin fender strat rosewood neck xD

But, u got some info on his quality..? Where does he get his stuff from..? Doesnt sound good:D

WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING CUSTOM ONE OFF ORDERS......WE WILL ONLY MAKE THE NECKS AND BODIES THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION TO DO.....ALL THE CUSTOM STUFF TAKES WAY TOO LONG AND COST TOO MUCH MONEY.....WE WILL ALSO BE MAKING A PAGE OF CURRENT STOCK WITH PRICES AND PICTURES FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY....AND WILL PRIMARILY SELL FROM THAT....IF YOU THINK YOU MAY WANT SOMETHING DOWN THE ROAD WITH DIFFERENT WOODS, THEN GIVE ME A HEADS UP AND ILL TRY TO MAKE IT....RIGHT NOW I AM ONLY FINISHING UP OUTSTANDING ORDERS AND SHOULD HAVE THAT DONE BY THE END OF THE WEEK...

Try this site, this guy makes nothing else then Ibanez guitars i'm pretty sure he will be able to make the JS body but most of his work is Jem & RG that i have seen so far. You can also buy the edge pro from this guy smile.gif

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Apr 14 2009, 11:29 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 14 2009, 11:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Apr 14 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Try this site, this guy makes nothing else then Ibanez guitars i'm pretty sure he will be able to make the JS body but most of his work is Jem & RG that i have seen so far.

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/

That is Jaden Rose. He does nice work from what I have seen. I am almost positive he doesn't do the JS body. There are quite a few guys that do RG/Jem replacement bodies. I have only seen one that does JS bodies......and believe me I have looked.....long and hard. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 14 2009, 11:35 PM
I would not mind having an RG body made by this guy wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 14 2009, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Apr 14 2009, 11:35 PM) *
I would not mind having an RG body made by this guy wink.gif

You can find a lot of luthiers that can make you a nice replacement RG body.....not so with the JS. I just emailed Jaden Rose. He doesn't do the JS body. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 15 2009, 06:40 AM
Aww:(biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 15 2009, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 14 2009, 11:42 PM) *
He doesn't do the JS body. smile.gif

Unfortunately many people don't. With the RG and JEM styles all the machining is CNC and straightforward, due to the shape of the JS there's a hella lot of work in shaping it after the basic cut!!! Although his 'Shadow' is more of a Carved Top than the Ibanez copies!! He does great work though! He's also a great resource for DiMarzio!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 15 2009, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 15 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Unfortunately many people don't. With the RG and JEM styles all the machining is CNC and straightforward, due to the shape of the JS there's a hella lot of work in shaping it after the basic cut!!! Although his 'Shadow' is more of a Carved Top than the Ibanez copies!! He does great work though! He's also a great resource for DiMarzio!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Heard nothing but good things about Jaden. smile.gif Just doesn't do the JS. The JS bodies I had built from Doug Bass at Monsterguitarshop turned out really nice. He can do them for any trem route and any neck pocket....22 or 24 fret. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 16 2009, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 15 2009, 06:37 PM) *
Heard nothing but good things about Jaden. smile.gif Just doesn't do the JS. The JS bodies I had built from Doug Bass at Monsterguitarshop turned out really nice. He can do them for any trem route and any neck pocket....22 or 24 fret. smile.gif

I just found that 'Legacy' are to introduce a JS Body to their range soon!!!
Legacy One Guitars makes replacement bodies for Jems, RG's, Baretta's, Double Necks, and coming soon JS style.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 16 2009, 06:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 16 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I just found that 'Legacy' are to introduce a JS Body to their range soon!!!
Legacy One Guitars makes replacement bodies for Jems, RG's, Baretta's, Double Necks, and coming soon JS style.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Stay away from LEGACY.....FAR AWAY!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 16 2009, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 16 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Stay away from LEGACY.....FAR AWAY!!! smile.gif

Really???? That bad???

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 16 2009, 08:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 16 2009, 08:17 PM) *
Really???? That bad???

Not bad if you don't mind sending in your money but not getting the product you order... laugh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Apr 16 2009, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 16 2009, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 16 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Not bad if you don't mind sending in your money but not getting the product you order... laugh.gif tongue.gif

Thanks for the H/up!!! I'll bear it in mind!! I've a couple of Strats to finish building and my next project for myself was going to be an RG/JEM type, I'll be looking elsewhere now!! I was going to use one of Jaden's but I don't think I'll be able to afford it!!
Oh well, back to Warmoth!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:27 PM