9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Claudiostrat's Boootcamp
ClaudioStrat
Aug 26 2021, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks,

Probably I might have little left to add here speed-wise, I think the 120bmp was still ok tempo wise?
I definitely start and end at the right point, but difficult to judge in between. Sounded good to me too.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2021, 01:57 AM
GMC:er
I'm with ya! I'll start workin on your debrief!!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Aug 26 2021, 05:32 PM) *
Thanks,

Probably I might have little left to add here speed-wise, I think the 120bmp was still ok tempo wise?
I definitely start and end at the right point, but difficult to judge in between. Sounded good to me too.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2021, 06:49 AM
This is my fave shred lick. Start trying to add some picking in to it as you practice it. The more picking you add, the more shreddy it will sound. Keep a solid mute when you pick it and it will sound like your picking all of it, even if your only picking a few notes. You do really well on this one. It's clean and fast. You are shredding on this. Use this on a solo against a backing asap to cement it in your mind. It's not really in your lick library until you can find a way to use it with actual music. So try to use it quickly while it's fresh in your mind and in your fingers!

let's Debrief!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 1 2021, 03:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

quick video on Mission 23, this one is at 80bpm but have only worked on it 2/3 days so can prob improve a bit.

what do you think ? want to try to raise 10 or 15 bpm but probably good to have a quick check from you first at this point

thanks in advance as always

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2021, 10:28 PM
You are doing well on this soldier but your not hitting the notes in synch with the metronome. During a solo, one can slide around a bit as long as you end on the beat. However, for drills like this, I really want you to try to synch each note up to a click. speed happens as a result of precision. As your precision increases, so will your speed. I'd say slow this down a bit. And make sure each note lands on a click. Being able to do this will greatly help your precision overall.

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 1 2021, 10:49 AM) *
Hi Sarge,

quick video on Mission 23, this one is at 80bpm but have only worked on it 2/3 days so can prob improve a bit.

what do you think ? want to try to raise 10 or 15 bpm but probably good to have a quick check from you first at this point

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 2 2021, 04:23 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks

makes sense the slides make it trickier and probably was focusing too much on start and end, but not on hitting each click

I tried a bit slower today 70bpm this time focusing on hitting the click. what do you think?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2021, 04:16 AM
That's what I'm looking for!!! Much better. To wit!!

Well fought Soldier!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 2 2021, 11:23 AM) *
thanks

makes sense the slides make it trickier and probably was focusing too much on start and end, but not on hitting each click

I tried a bit slower today 70bpm this time focusing on hitting the click. what do you think?

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 30 2021, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

hope all is well, sorry was a little silent lately but have been travelling quite bit in September, so was recording a little less (but still practicing!)
Now back at it and I started to work on mission 24, here is a quick video
really stretching my little hand this one :lol:LOL

thanks in advance!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2021, 07:19 AM
Welcome back Soldier!! It's always great to see one of your Missions. Love that Ibby!!! This one is all about "Strike once hammer many". Basically, strike the string and hammer on the other notes. So you have to strike hard enough to make it count but you have to keep a mute so that the notes don't bleed in to each other. That's the tricky bit here. You gotta strike hard, but not too hard, you gotta mute hard but not too hard, and you found the balance!!! Score!!

Congrats Soldier you just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 30 2021, 12:49 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

hope all is well, sorry was a little silent lately but have been travelling quite bit in September, so was recording a little less (but still practicing!)
Now back at it and I started to work on mission 24, here is a quick video
really stretching my little hand this one :lol:LOL

thanks in advance!

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 8 2021, 04:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

worked on mission 25 this week, tried to record a quick video for feedback.

thanks advance

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2021, 02:23 AM
Wow!!! Impressive work on that one!!! Your playing is also synching up with the metronome MUCH better now. I can tell you are pushing the edge and that is where gains often happen. Id like to see it slowed down just a pinch to see you in more control of everything. also, if possible, can you play it with some more distortion? It will show me if there are any gaps in your mute and let me hear if any notes are being held to long or accidental striking is happening. The cleaner the tone, the less precise one actually has to be since the distortion will amplify any mistakes or gaffs in technique.

The good news is that your showing a massive improvement in precision and speed and it's great to see!!

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 8 2021, 11:44 AM) *
Hi Sarge,

worked on mission 25 this week, tried to record a quick video for feedback.

thanks advance

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 9 2021, 08:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

had another go today with more distortion. I did slow it down a bit to around 80bpm (prev one was 90), also included some attempts at 90 and 95 where it get a little less precise and little noise too.

what do you think?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2021, 09:42 PM
Well Fought!! You are making some great gains on your playing! The first one is spot on. It's great to see you pushing the edge in the others! Your technique is very solid here. Good mute, clean strikes. It's all there. Keep pushing it Soldier!!

Whatever your doing for practice keep it up as it's working!!

I'm out of pocket until Wednesday as I'm helping my aunt out for a few days at her place. She may have to go to the hospital but I hope not. She has a Doc visit wed at which point I'm going back home. I'll start making video responses again soon as I get back to my home studio.

Congrats Soldier!
you just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 9 2021, 03:44 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

had another go today with more distortion. I did slow it down a bit to around 80bpm (prev one was 90), also included some attempts at 90 and 95 where it get a little less precise and little noise too.

what do you think?

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 11 2021, 10:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks,

sorry to hear about it, I really hope everything goes well with your aunt.

talk soon

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2021, 01:49 AM
tonight is my last night of duty. She is going to her doc on wed and I hope she doesn't have to go to the hospital.

Onward!!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 11 2021, 05:36 AM) *
Thanks,

sorry to hear about it, I really hope everything goes well with your aunt.

talk soon

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 13 2021, 11:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

hope all good with family. Worked this week on M26. Came up with a picking that seems to work for it (not sure if the best) but was good to think about it.
below find 80 , 90 and tried to push it to 100 bpm

thanks as always

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2021, 03:38 AM
Well fought!!! This is a tricky one to be sure with a LOT of notes. Super congrats on just putting it all together! it's hard enough to play a given scale with proper technique, much less to go back and forth in a confusing pattern without bagging it. Memorizing long sequences like this one is not something everyone can do. Clearly you can!!

I think you are doing a great job on picking here. it's tight, synched up, aggressive!!! Slips a bit at speed but the first pass is more than enough. I like seeing you pushing the edge! The last two takes show that you are moving in to "SHRED" land.

As for how I would pick it, I'd say just like you are!! I usually use econ when going up or down strings. So going from B to high end, I would use down strokes, from high E down to B I would use an up stroke. I was impressed with your performance on this one!

To wit!!!

Congrats Soldier, you just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 13 2021, 06:28 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

hope all good with family. Worked this week on M26. Came up with a picking that seems to work for it (not sure if the best) but was good to think about it.
below find 80 , 90 and tried to push it to 100 bpm

thanks as always

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 14 2021, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 27 2021, 11:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

hope all good!

I worked on Mission 27.

here a couple of attempts at 90 and 100 bpm. There is a little noise now that i hear it properly, but the pattern should be there

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 28 2021, 01:21 AM
Your faster take is soooo close!! It's amazing what just a little bump in speed does to difficulty. I can see that you are very close to nailing it. It's just drifting a bit. I want to ask if you can tighten up the faster take and it will put your playing at a higher level if you can play it at that speed and keep it on beat. Also, can you turn up your gain/distortion as far as it will go? It almost sounds like a jazz tone and I'd like to hear a more rock/metal tone on this type of lick as it allows me to see if there are any gaps in your mute. If you were playing this lick in a rock solo, you'd be using a ton more gain and that's what I want to prepare you for.

Very well done on getting it to this level. it's much faster than and cleaner than it would have been when we started. You are making some great gains!!!

ONCE MORE IN TO THE BREACH!!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 27 2021, 06:52 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

hope all good!

I worked on Mission 27.

here a couple of attempts at 90 and 100 bpm. There is a little noise now that i hear it properly, but the pattern should be there

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 29 2021, 12:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Thanks sorry for the tone, but is the usual one I think the quick Audio recording with the cam is not the best.

worked on it a bit more on the fast one 100bpm ( beginning not too clean but gets better after I warm up ... )

To test my fingers also tried to push it to 105 and 110 too, but not as clean/precise

what do you think?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:04 AM