Heavy Version Of "voices Carry"
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2015, 09:24 AM
GMC:er
I"m working with a guy from an band called Anti-M on doing covers of some 80's Pop Songs with a more Metal / Rock feel. Here is a snipped of a song called VOICES CARRY from back in the day. Very early on this track, just a snippet smile.gif

Whaddya think? More Metal on the guitars?
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/test-voices-carry-9815-421-am

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 8 2015, 09:49 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 8 2015, 09:24 AM) *
I"m working with a guy from an band called Anti-M on doing covers of some 80's Pop Songs with a more Metal / Rock feel. Here is a snipped of a song called VOICES CARRY from back in the day. Very early on this track, just a snippet smile.gif

Whaddya think? More Metal on the guitars?
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/test-voices-carry-9815-421-am

sounds promising smile.gif cool song to cover. Lots of potential to makes it dark and metal.
I dont know much about the original but I know of the singer from the Rush song, ' Time stand still'. Kinda fitting because looking at her now.... man, she aged really well smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2015, 12:40 AM
GMC:er
Here is the original version. It has always seemed like there should be a Heavy version of this. So I hooked up with a guy on the west coast and we are gonna make one smile.gif We are working up several "pop" tunes from the 80's in to Heavy tunes for a compilation.

here is another one from them that might get the Heavy treatment as well. It's a Ballad.

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 8 2015, 04:49 AM) *
sounds promising smile.gif cool song to cover. Lots of potential to makes it dark and metal.
I dont know much about the original but I know of the singer from the Rush song, ' Time stand still'. Kinda fitting because looking at her now.... man, she aged really well smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 12 2015, 12:57 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:39 PM