Rebuilding Home Studio
Todd Simpson
May 14 2020, 04:42 AM
GMC:er
Finally getting my home studio set back up again. Each time I build it, I seem to forget how many cables are involved smile.gif what's worse, my audio interface seems to have gotten lost in the move. I'm using my backup interface the TONESHIFTER 3 which is a very handy little device. It's an audio interace and midi controller. It works as an interface for phones/tablets and for computers. or just as a midi controller for your rack unit whatever it may be. Working with a guy on a cover of the classic NIK KERSHAW tune from the eighties called "Wouldn't it be good" but replacing the keyboards with heavy guitars smile.gif Here is a progress pic!

Attached Image
My main TV got cracked during the move which was lame, but the good news is they are CHEAP now. I got a 50 inch 4k set from hitachi for $230. Wow.

Attached Image

Here is the tune that I'm trying to make in to a Metal tune from a very pop/keyboard eighties tune. Who remembers this track?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 14 2020, 04:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 14 2020, 12:28 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm genuinely amazed how cheap stuff is for you to buy over there

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2020, 11:12 PM
I was a bit shocked as well to be honest. The last tv I bought of that size was almost double the price. When I realized my best tv was broken, I was really thinking it was gonna be expensive to replace. To my shock, the bounty of brand name HDTV/4k sets is
an fountain of goodness. I had several brand name sets to pick from right at this price point. I'm using it as both a computer monitor and a tv fed by my roku/amazon stick. The 4k streams look freaking amazing. My last tv did not support 4k, nor was it a brand name set.

How much is a TV like this where you are? Is it way more expensive?

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 14 2020, 07:28 AM) *
I'm genuinely amazed how cheap stuff is for you to buy over there

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 16 2020, 10:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Nik Kershaw was a favourite of my sister, he's a pretty good guitar player too and songwriter in the pop rock genre

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 16 2020, 07:44 PM
He is quite a good player! It seems that part of him got lost along the way somehow. He also writes great pop music. This was a great pop song and I always wanted to do a METAL version of it smile.gif Finally going to make that happen. I love taking really poppy stuff and turning it a bit heavy. Keep the melody but add MORE GAIN!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 16 2020, 05:53 AM) *
Nik Kershaw was a favourite of my sister, he's a pretty good guitar player too and songwriter in the pop rock genre

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 20 2020, 06:36 AM
Coming together big by bit.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 20 2020, 06:39 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 20 2020, 10:11 AM
Also, wanted to share about this little guy. It's a Western Digital PASSPORT Hard drive. Bus powered! 2 Terabyte! USB 3 and pushes data at 125 to 150 Megabytes per second!! This is a crazy fast speed for any standard drive, this is just a single mini drive in a small enclosure. Doesn't even need a power supply! I bought it to replace the one tb on my playstation, but after I benchmarked it, I decided to make it part of my main music production rig. It's just too handy!! The best part? Cost $65!!! For a 2 terabyte drive that's fast as hell and needs no external power and fits in a shirt pocket. They make a 5 terabyte unit if you want more! This little thing is great. I highly recommend them.
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 20 2020, 10:12 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:55 PM