New Guitar, Razorback?
Jeffrey
May 5 2007, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
I have been playing for a while and Iwanted to get a new guitar ad was looking at the razorback explosion, mainly because I want 24 frets. But, when I look at the prices for these 24 fret guitar that suposed to be great, my jaw drops. The one I like the most is $1,100 dollars and I want to know is that worth it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
May 5 2007, 09:30 PM
i would say its worth it. I've tried an ml and it seemed very comftourble, and it comes with great pickups. But that guitar only has 22 frets, unless your looking at another one because im lookin at this one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dea...itar?sku=512926

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 5 2007, 11:28 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Rob_g @ May 5 2007, 10:30 PM) *
i would say its worth it. I've tried an ml and it seemed very comftourble, and it comes with great pickups. But that guitar only has 22 frets, unless your looking at another one because im lookin at this one

THAT 22 fret Razorback is reviewed at Harmony Central

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
May 6 2007, 01:37 AM
im wondering why do there guitars that are like $1,000 or a little more only have Lisenced floyd roses

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: May 6 2007, 01:37 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 6 2007, 04:48 AM
QUOTE (Rob_g @ May 5 2007, 08:30 PM) *

Jeez...you'll put your eye out with that thing.

Eesh. I'm getting old. Get off my lawn! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
kahall
May 6 2007, 05:05 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 5 2007, 10:48 PM) *
Jeez...you'll put your eye out with that thing.

Eesh. I'm getting old. Get off my lawn! ohmy.gif

Too funny.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 6 2007, 07:09 AM
ok well the guitar looks pretty cool, but heres a quesiton for you.....are floyd roses BAD, or what..cus everytime ive read about them..its always negative things...and if it is bad...whats so bad..about them???...and if there good...whats so good about them???

sorry dont mean to change the subject, or "STEAL YOUR THUNDER".....

but really just play the guitar if you get a chance to, and see how it feels to you...and if you think its worth the price get it, but if not then dont biggrin.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 6 2007, 02:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ May 5 2007, 08:37 PM) *
im wondering why do there guitars that are like $1,000 or a little more only have Lisenced floyd roses

Because All of them are handmade, even the paintjobs are done by a single person, everything is installed by human hands, pickups to bridges, it takes awhile to make them. and they use mostly High-end equipment in all there models.

Yeah, i the dean guitar center is down here in florida, and i took the tour biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
May 6 2007, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 6 2007, 07:09 AM) *
ok well the guitar looks pretty cool, but heres a quesiton for you.....are floyd roses BAD, or what..cus everytime ive read about them..its always negative things...and if it is bad...whats so bad..about them???...and if there good...whats so good about them???
sorry dont mean to change the subject, or "STEAL YOUR THUNDER".....

but really just play the guitar if you get a chance to, and see how it feels to you...and if you think its worth the price get it, but if not then dont biggrin.gif

Floating trem bridges aren't for everyone. Tons of people love them, but then again alot of people don't like having to actually fiddle around with tools on thier guitars, so they don't like them.
If you don't want to tool around on your guitar, and don't want to have to adjust and set things up yourself, don't get a floyded guitar. Fixed bridges are pretty much just string it, tune it, and play it. You barely need any tech knowledge at all to handle a fixed bridge, you can also change tunings on the fly. It's all about personal taste and preferance man. Actually, alot of things are lol.

My $.02

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:55 PM