11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Potsau's Bootcamp, Two man enter, one man leaves!
Potsau
Feb 1 2020, 03:07 AM
GMC:er
My Badge. I died and someone (Ybritt) stole it XD

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 1 2020, 03:08 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2020, 06:24 AM
Not to worry Soldier!! Here is a freshly Minted Badge!! Looking forward to your next Mission Video!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Potsau @ Jan 31 2020, 10:07 PM) *
My Badge. I died and someone (Ybritt) stole it XD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 7 2020, 09:38 PM
Palm is located on Bridge. Many Noise. This is aprogress vid

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 8 2020, 05:03 AM
GREAT PROGRESS!!! You are doing much better hear. Your techique sounds cleaner already. Once thing I noticed, your palm is still a little high on the bridge. Try to lower it just a little so that your palm is also muting the high strings. You can also use your pinkpinky as an extension of your palm to mute these. There are many ways to do this. It's an advanced muting technique and it does not work for everyone. If you can make it work for you, It will open up your playing in ways you can't yet imagine.
These are MISSION QUALITY videos IMHO. So if you want to make more please do. These are of great quality though.
NEXT THING TO TRY: Secret Sauce to Shredding Part IITry to articulate/move the pick using only your fingers. Try to not use your wrist, just the thumb/first finger. This is VERY hard at first. Give it a try, at a slow speed.
Here is a video demo.

Keep it up!!
Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 7 2020, 04:38 PM) *
Palm is located on Bridge. Many Noise. This is aprogress vid

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 8 2020, 05:06 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 9 2020, 02:45 PM
After some Excercise there is something new I can feel. It is like I can reach much higher velocity. My wrist is dedicated from my forearm. My little girl was ill this week. Tomorrow I can take more time to record and practise

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2020, 02:03 AM
I'm very sorry your little girl is ill sad.gif I hope she gets better soon!!! I want to make sure you are NOT "PICKING FROM THE ELBOW". It's tempting to stiffen the entire arm and not use the fingers or wrist. This is NOT proper form and I advise against it. Can you make a vid when possible showing what you are talking about? One should pick from the fingers back, not the elbow forward. Does this make sense?

Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 9 2020, 09:45 AM) *
After some Excercise there is something new I can feel. It is like I can reach much higher velocity. My wrist is dedicated from my forearm. My little girl was ill this week. Tomorrow I can take more time to record and practise

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 10 2020, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I can reach high velocity. But most of all iam very uncormfortable.
Look at this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_KsZ0G5_Y

I have pain in my pinky and annular. Dont know why.
Guess it is the week i did not play much guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2020, 04:36 AM
It's a work in progress trying to break some old bad habits. I can hear extra string noise which means you are losing contact with the bridge. Before you can play at light speed, you have to be able to play with proper technique. Even if that means slowing way down to even slower than you started with improper technique. I know how frustrating this can be. Once you get accustomed to playing this way, it will remove the barriers that are holding you back. That chair you are in looks like it is forcing your fretting elbow to be pulled in to an awkward position. Does it feel that way? Maybe pick a new chair? Your picking hand is doing better but I see you are moving your entire hand instead of keeping a mute and trying to move the pick with the thumb and first finger. The results in moving the palm off the bridge and you lose your mute. Forget about speed entirely for just a moment. Play as slow as humanly possible. Just make sure you don't live your palm off the bridge. Just as a test. Plant your palm on the bridge, mute every single string and then pick very very slowly and carefully by just moving your thumb and first finger. Don't move the entire hand using the wrist as a fulcrum. This is an entirely separate technique and we will get to that later. For now try it with your hand planted. Forget how fast it's going. Work on playing with a planted palm mute and using your fingers to move the pick even if you play at 2 beats per minute. I"m hoping to train your hand to correct a habit that has been years in the making. It's not easy, but it's at least worth trying. watch this vid for example. I'm using my thumb and first finger to move the pick. The back of my hand stays planted on the bridge. I start playing slow, then in the second half I speed up but I don't lift my mute. This is the technique I'm trying to share with you. Keep both your hands relaxed. This should not feel painful.
here is a good example, one string one note. Try this. Notice the back of my hand stays planted on the bridge.

some folks call this "circle picking" I just call iti not lifting your mute so you dont' end up with tons of string noise smile.gif
Here is another example. Remember, speed comes later. You gotta break bad habits first.

[IT'S A WOquote name='Potsau' date='Feb 10 2020, 02:42 PM' post='774674']Sometimes I can reach high velocity. But most of all iam very uncormfortable.
Look at this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_KsZ0G5_Y

I have pain in my pinky and annular. Dont know why.
Guess it is the week i did not play much guitar.

[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 11 2020, 04:41 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 11 2020, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your kind words and your work you put in. Im looking forward to send u a vid about this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2020, 11:37 PM
Glad to help Soldier!! Give this technique a shot in your next Mission! It may require you to play much slower than you are used to. That's OK. Once you get the technique comfortable, your speed will start to increase at an incredible rate!
Sarge
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 11 2020, 02:41 PM) *
Thanks for your kind words and your work you put in. Im looking forward to send u a vid about this.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 12 2020, 11:46 AM

Just a little right hand workout. I did my excersises before...

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 12 2020, 11:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 12 2020, 03:43 PM
Another workout. See if its good?

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 12 2020, 03:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2020, 02:19 AM
BINGO!!!! That's PERFECT!!! You are muting the entire bridge and articulating the pick with your fingers. This is a crucial technique for playing these Missions as you'll see smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 12 2020, 06:46 AM) *

Just a little right hand workout. I did my excersises before...

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 13 2020, 10:08 AM
Great. 😅 Trying to play the mission in that way mabey in Allegro.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 13 2020, 10:49 AM
The Chair I used to sit in in this one vid was a tiny child chair. Was looking for my little girl. Playing Lego and recording Guitar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 13 2020, 10:48 PM
Attached Image

Gotta managed to get the proMetronome as an input Signal to audiobus3. So I get rid of my analogue Metronome and you can hear a real Metronome signal in further vids. 🤟

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 14 2020, 12:35 AM

Progress! Yeah, use a bigger chair next time so your arms are not so contained. Looking forward to it!
Sarge
QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 13 2020, 05:48 PM) *
Attached Image

Gotta managed to get the proMetronome as an input Signal to audiobus3. So I get rid of my analogue Metronome and you can hear a real Metronome signal in further vids. 🤟

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 14 2020, 01:02 AM

Try to conquer my Monster

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 14 2020, 04:20 AM
I appreciate your aggression soldier! You can add a "BLITZ" take in your Mission vid. I also need to take a look at you playing in time and with precision. You start string but just a few bars in you start to drift away from the metronome. I understand you want to shred. I get it. really I do. I always wanted to shred myself. I had to do the same thing. You've got to slow down in order to speed up. If you can't play with control, you'll never be able to actually shred. It will always come out sloppy. You are well on your way to being able to do what you want to do. But you gotta learn tight control first. Gotta learn to play like a Robot to shred like a god and that means keeping perfect time with a metronome. It's just step one.

Please slow down a bit. You are still in the starting section teaching foundation skills like playing with a metronome. We have 400 Missions to work on your speed. Before we get there we gotta work on your precision. Remember, in BOOTCAMP there NO POINTS for speed. Only precision. Speed is a byproduct of precision, not the other way around. Try this one more time soldier and slower where you can match the metronome exactly. Your timing is holding you back and we need to fix it before you can move forward. You can do it!!

Here is a decent example of playing within the beat. At the end I play sort of around the beat. If I miss a single note in the initial scale run it all would fall apart. I spent a LOT of time with metronome to get my timing right.

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 13 2020, 08:02 PM) *

Try to conquer my Monster

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 14 2020, 04:32 AM

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 14 2020, 04:34 PM
You right. That makes sense. Im a stupid dumb. Should known better. Next week I am ready to take off. Thanks for your critics. Have a nice weekend with your loved peoples!

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:51 AM