First Post Here
transformer
Jan 23 2012, 05:09 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've finished some lessons on this site. I have been playing guitar for about a year now. The song I have finished was at level 4. I'm a little shy of posting videos on REC. I think I might get a low score...so if anyone would like to hear mine, I wouldn't mind pming you the videos.

This is a great community. I have gained confidence by learning lessons on here. My techniques went way up. Before I came, I didn't know how to do tapping. Now, it is my favorite technique to do.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 23 2012, 09:14 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome transformer!

By daring to post on the REC board - even though you are unsure about your performance - you will get a huge advantage over the people that don't dare.

So even if you will get an all-time low score on the REC board - the fact that you dare step up and receive feedback - will set you apart in the future. So isn't the choice pretty easy? It's a "win" situation regardless of how you perform!

As always the biggest open i within...

PS Feel free to post your take here as well! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 23 2012, 09:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Mate, you should go for it!

As Kris said you can only benefit from the feedback you will get. Don't be shy...

who cares what anyone else thinks?

It is very rewarding to post video's in REC board, it's not about scoring a perfect 10, it's about progress... moving forward.

World class instructors on this site mate, don't miss the opportunity for them to hear you and give you tips....

Good Luck with it!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 23 2012, 10:49 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
You know I struggled to practice a level 3 lesson when I came into this site after having played for 15/16 years (on/off). It took me a month to learn a lesson and then even for recording 2 hours straight for 2 days, I wasn't getting the take I wanted. However, I posted after doing a "good" take. After a year and half (doing RECs) or now 2+ years here at GMC, I can do quite difficult lessons. Still not scoring perfect 10 buy hey, I always learn new techniques. There are so many things to improve on. Its always about improvement so don't feel shy. I too have failed a lesson or two but that says I am not ready yet. I just need to practice a few days more. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Jan 23 2012, 10:50 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 23 2012, 10:51 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC - great to see you in the forum!
I would love to see a REC take from you. How about learning to play one of easier lessons here on GMC (Level 1-3) and posting that first - to break the ice? REC is not that much about grades rather feedback you get. You can re-submit new videos of lessons as many times you like (and its cool to compare later on to see the clear progress) if you want to boost the grade.

Shooting a video on itself makes you practice more and make progress.

See you around the forum! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 23 2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Post it away!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 23 2012, 11:24 AM
Instructor
Hey Transformer, well done for taking the first step by talking on the forum.

As Bogdan said it's not about the grades as much as the useful feedback that you can take away and apply to your practicing. However, if you'd like to pm the video I'm more than happy to watch it and give you some feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2012, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Hi friend!! Welcome to the community! As Kris said, the REC is a place where you can post your takes to receive feedback and to improve your playing in order to take it to a new level. You don't have to concentrate on the number that you receive, you have to concentrate on the feedback received to continue growing as a player and musician. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
transformer
Jan 23 2012, 06:52 PM
GMC:er
Thanks guys for the encouragement! I will post them on the rec board soon!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 23 2012, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC man smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 24 2012, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hello there mate! smile.gif Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to post some REC takes, it's easy, and we always give some useful tips.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 24 2012, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the site man !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 25 2012, 07:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (transformer @ Jan 23 2012, 04:09 AM) *
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I've finished some lessons on this site. I have been playing guitar for about a year now. The song I have finished was at level 4. I'm a little shy of posting videos on REC. I think I might get a low score...so if anyone would like to hear mine, I wouldn't mind pming you the videos.

This is a great community. I have gained confidence by learning lessons on here. My techniques went way up. Before I came, I didn't know how to do tapping. Now, it is my favorite technique to do.

Hey!!! Welcome to GMC! I think you should post your videos it will help you develop faster and become a better guitar player! We have great teachers who won't be to harsh on you and will give you an advice instead of judging!
I am looking forward to your videos! If you are still not convinced you can send me a personal message with a link I would love to hear it!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2012, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC transformer! You will learn much more if you leave your shyness aside and let us know how we can help you smile.gif Also, I wanted to let you know about a few things such as the video chat sessions - check out the bottom of the homepage for the schedule smile.gif mine is happening each Thursday at 8PM London time and I have started a series dedicated to understanding modes!

I am coming up with a fresh new lick each week in Cosmin's Licks Workshop

Various styles and various difficulty levels, with assignments and personal feedback directed towards taking your playing one step further. I'd be honored if you would participate wink.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:16 AM