3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Matt23's October Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments here
Matt23
Oct 22 2009, 05:43 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yesterday I got the exercises into my memory, so I thought I'd post a recording as a starting point. They're not very fast and they're not particularly clean, but I though I should post something to try and improve from.
Attached File  Sweep_Exercises__1st_Attempt_.mp3 ( 614.28K ) Number of downloads: 139

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2009, 05:54 PM
Instructor
I am glad to hear you got them under your fingers already. You need to lower tempo for particular exercises and focus on them. Exercise 2 4 and 5 in particular need to be played slower before moving the tempos. Exercises 1 and 3 are on right track!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 22 2009, 06:41 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok, thanks for your feedback. Atm I'm going to play them all very slowly and get them completely clean, then I'll try and up the tempo.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2009, 07:00 PM
Instructor
That is exactly what I would like you to do. You still have couple of days to do the work so do your best and record best possible tempos at that moment.
When we finish this assignment keep in mind that you should keep working on these exercises and move tempos always in order to improve. One week of practicing won't be enough for anything smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 23 2009, 06:50 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's another take on the exercises at 90, 110, 140, 110, 130, up from 80, 100, 100, 100, 120 yesterday.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sweep_Exercises__2_.mp3 ( 530.89K ) Number of downloads: 69

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 24 2009, 06:31 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's the exercises all up 10bpm from yesterday so at 100, 120, 150, 120 and 140. I know they're not entirely clean so I'll keep practising them slowly as well as trying to get them faster. smile.gif

Attached File  Sweep_Exercises__3_.mp3 ( 495.91K ) Number of downloads: 148

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 24 2009, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Matt please slow them down until you have it 100% clear. I can hear you are muting a lot at faster tempos and some notes are omitted. Please work on it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 25 2009, 11:39 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 24 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Matt please slow them down until you have it 100% clear. I can hear you are muting a lot at faster tempos and some notes are omitted. Please work on it!

Do you think I'm doing this on all of them or is there any more than others?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 25 2009, 12:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Oct 25 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Do you think I'm doing this on all of them or is there any more than others?

Exercises 2 and 4 in particular need more work than others in that area Matt.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 25 2009, 12:11 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 25 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Exercises 2 and 4 in particular need more work than others in that area Matt.

Ok, they're the ones I was having really difficulty getting up to tempo.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 25 2009, 12:21 PM
Instructor
I would rather you play them slower and in time then rushed with mistakes. So drop the tempo down and play them at your comfortable zone smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 27 2009, 08:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Just noticed that we are passed the deadline. Would you like me to post a final video before we move onto the next assignment?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 27 2009, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Oct 27 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Just noticed that we are passed the deadline. Would you like me to post a final video before we move onto the next assignment?

Yes, please do that Matt smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 27 2009, 09:25 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok here's my video. I decided to play them at 100, 110, 110, 150, and 140. I will keep working on these and I look forward to the next assignment. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Matt23: Oct 27 2009, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 27 2009, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Ah Matt, I am not too happy with how you did this assignment. You should have dropped the tempo down and played it all in time. I know these examples sound cool when played at faster tempos but idea here is to get the technique down and have them all to sound perfect. You will need to keep working on this technique. I will post your last assignment for October tomorrow most likely so stay tuned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 30 2009, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Matt we are moving to your 3rd assignment for this month. We will focus on triads this time !

3rd assignment is due on 4th of November.

- Record a full lesson of mine Triads in a major scale part 1.

Here is a link for the lesson HERE

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 30 2009, 04:46 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok, I'll post a take today. smile.gif Could I have the backing though?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 30 2009, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Sure thing here you go Matt

Attached File(s)
Attached File  main_120bpm.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 66

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 30 2009, 07:42 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's my first attempt at it. smile.gif

Attached File  triads_project.mp3 ( 667.58K ) Number of downloads: 140

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 30 2009, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Nicely done Matt ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:05 PM