Most Embarrassing Moment :(
Vaidya
Oct 21 2010, 06:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys,
Yesterday I had taken part in a cultural event.I was selected for the Mega Finals.There was a 60 seconds to fame round.
I had decided to play guitar.But when I picked up my guitar and walked on stage,everything went wrong.I became too nervous.My hands froze and I forgot what I was supposed to play sad.gif I messed up the performance.It was a total failure.This is definitely the most embarrassing moment of my life sad.gif
I have learnt a very valuable lesson from this.I will work harder from now on and use this experience to my advantage.I feel like I have become stronger.

Have you guys had any similar experiences?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vaidya: Oct 21 2010, 06:21 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 21 2010, 07:03 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
oops.. how did you get to the mega finals without all the fears upto now? I mean it usually happens on the first show. I haven't yet had such a big embarrasing moment but I remember my first show in school and sitting in front of 800 people. All I could see were heads all around and I was shaking like hell. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Oct 21 2010, 07:20 AM
Learning Roadie
The culturals had many different events.I had won in a talking event.The final event was held in a HUGE auditorium.I got too nervous after seeing so many people and forgot what to play sad.gif It was the first time I played guitar in front of so many people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
emirb
Oct 21 2010, 09:02 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I find it harder to play in small venues and in bigger ones. But no so long time ago I went up on stage (jam session) and should jam along to some song (that I did hear before but never played) and should solo over some part and played in totally wrong key! I just couldn't figure out what was happening everything went so fast, I was suppose to play in key of G but I played in the key of C#?! I did have couple of beers too many but still.. when I got home I recorded the same progression directly and jammed for some time in order to regain SOME confidence which should suppose to give me some sleep that night smile.gif

This post has been edited by emirb: Oct 21 2010, 01:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 21 2010, 12:38 PM
Instructor
I actually had experiences like that before. Where something goes really bad. For instance once I came in with distortion when it was supposed to be clean. So everyone noticed.

I think everyone's been there man, don't worry. This is very valuable stuff. The experience you get from this. Value it and make it part of your preparation for next time, that's how you get closer to being very professional.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Oct 21 2010, 02:57 PM
GMC:er
Hmm...i still remember my first graduation gig in school.... played 3 songs with my band and for the last song, i screwed up the solo abit and also some parts from earlier songs coz i was busy trying to move around tongue.gif But i had fun and in the end people were cheering..so i guess it wasn't so bad after all biggrin.gif Take it easy, don't have to kill yourself because of just one screwed-up show. You will be better prepared next time due to the experience you've had biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 21 2010, 03:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Like already said, take it as an experience, and next time, you can prepeare for it smile.gif
I remember a gig we played, I could only hear the bass, nothing else. Not my guitar, not drums, nothing else. And at some point, I noticed people started looking at me like "what is he doing?" ..seems I played a chorus twice, so when the others was doing the outro, I was doing the verse. Didnt notice until the others stopped playing and I started playing the outro laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 21 2010, 03:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Things like that just happen. Only to brave people who dare trying though smile.gif

I'm sure next time you'll have a blast, as you already said, we learn most from our own mistakes...

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 21 2010, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
When i played a gig i had set my amp on stand by between two songs and when i came back i started to play there was no sound so the others wiated for me to turn it on and then we could start the song

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 21 2010, 05:58 PM
Instructor
It's normal that these things happen from time to time, no one is perfect. Don't worry, this should be a valuable experience and motive for you to (as you said it yourself) becomes stronger. Mistakes are normal, and through time and experience you learn to minimize them both through practice and through playing on stage.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 22 2010, 01:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hehehe I had a few:

I've dropped my drumsticks playing once... I had to try keep playing and fetch a new one... the one guitarist canned himself..

I've also had it that my guitar just didn't output ANY sound while I was playing in front of everyone - eventually did come on..

then the worst.. I got TOTALLY lost... so I took my fingers off.. and faked it.. I didn't touch strings, just looked like I was playing - our singer saw what I was doing and she canned herself... but the other guitar carried us till I could play...

So what I'm saying.. it happens to everyone smile.gif smile.gif..

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 22 2010, 02:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
I just have to:

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 22 2010, 04:35 PM
Learning Roadie
i remember that video! haaahahah

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 22 2010, 09:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well once my bass fell straight to the floor (strap got loose). It would be a big deal but it was in front of audience and it made a huge BANG when it went down. My hands were somewhere else (I was setting up for the gig) so I didn't had a chance to catch it. I just heard laughs from the audience smile.gif

Don't worry stuff like that happens from time to time. It only makes you stronger.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
stratman79
Oct 22 2010, 11:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Got a couple:
When I was about 18 I had a few too many 'jazz fags' before going on stage. For some reason got into the groove walked around in circles on the spot and the realized I'd wrapped my lead around my legs and couldn't walk... in fact have it on video somewhere!!

More recently (not guitar related) I used to run a club night in Brighton we'd get some bands from all over Europe in (big ones with in the scene)... The club would be open from 11-3 on Saturday night and I'd do a DJ set before my band (the house band) went on stage. It was about 1am the joint is jumping about 400 people in there, I'm DJ'ing with 7inch 45rpm records. The ones you get in the Juke boxes with the extra large centres so you have a metal spacer on the turntable... I go to drop in the next song, push the record in and flip the crossfader across, the 45 goes under the spacer and the needle drops onto the slipmat... well basically it sounds like white noise, so right in the middle of a massive party I dropped about 10-12k of white noise on the audience for about 5-10sec... pretty embarrassing!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2010, 03:21 AM
GMC:er
That's what great and horrible about playing live. You just never know what's going to happen smile.gif The goods news is, the more you do it, the more you will be able to just roll with whatever happens.

I remember the first live club gig I ever played being a bit of a train wreck. I was using a rack mount digital delay unit and the feedback/regeneration was up to hight. So as soon as I hit the delay, it went in to a huge feedback loop and I was in the middle of playing a solo and it took me the rest of the song to figure it out. So i'm blaring this annoying feedback loop delay thing at the crowd for an entire song. I can look back and laugh.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:54 PM