Falling Asleep Playing Guitar, Have you ever done this?
thefireball
Oct 30 2010, 05:12 AM
Learning Roadie
This video was not staged...completely. I was already falling asleep playing guitar, but never actually got it on cam. I was thinking (while half asleep and half awake) that I should get this on cam somehow. What I did for this video was I carefully started the camera as to not wake myself up. Then I continued playing. This video is for real...as the video progresses, I'm actually drifting asleep. I've never gone completely asleep before, but close. I didn't know if it would actually work, but it did. I had just started the camera when the video starts. I was sleepy.

Again, this was not staged. And to top it off, I got a text which broke me from my "sleep". laugh.gif I remember that right before the text I was just about to go completely out of it...meaning I would've stopped playing the guitar...and relaxed. I've played "Amazing Grace" so many times that my fingers were just doing their stuff from memory and I didn't have to think about it. I was aware of what I was playing, though. It's a weird feeling. It almost feels like you are playing in your sleep! laugh.gif It's like your brain executes the commands to play the notes, but you are going to sleep at the same time. Weird but relaxing feeling.

Have you ever done this? If so, try to video it if you can. tongue.gif Enjoy the video! And sweet dreams!! biggrin.gif
(video is only about a minute long)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  falling_asleep.wmv ( 4.57MB ) Number of downloads: 919

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 30 2010, 07:18 AM
GMC:er
Actually yes! I've fallen asleep while just practicing, running scales and watching tv. My fingers stop when I pass out, but I've woken up still holding my guitar.

Practice!
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 30 2010, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Haha! how funny!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 30 2010, 11:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yeah, I've played something so utterly boring, that it literally put ME to sleep.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Oct 31 2010, 04:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
I hate it when friends text me when I'm falling asleep playing guitar... laugh.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 31 2010, 05:42 AM
I can't say it's ever happened to me, but then again I'm not the type to sleep with my guitar, lol!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Oct 31 2010, 11:36 AM
Jimi Hendrix did the same thing sometimes, so don't worry smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 31 2010, 01:02 PM
Instructor
hahahahha!! never happened to me, but I also &$%$ the cellphone when it rings during I sleep!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 31 2010, 03:16 PM
Learning Roadie
laugh.gif All funny comments, guys! Yeah, the text was an unexpected surprise! happy.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 31 2010, 04:04 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Haha man this is crazy! I think we can say you was "Sleep rocking" smile.gif hahahahha

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2010, 02:12 AM
Instructor
Happened to me as well, I usually practice at night, and could fall asleep during practice. You can't play unless you "sleep" guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 12 2010, 03:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 11 2010, 07:12 PM) *
Happened to me as well, I usually practice at night, and could fall asleep during practice. You can't play unless you "sleep" guitar biggrin.gif

How funny! biggrin.gif Glad someone has done the same thing as me. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:27 PM