> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Coffeeman’s Creative Guitar Works, for Gab's Army
coffeeman
Oct 23 2013, 04:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I found this legatto lesson in Doug Lane's routine and I thing it can be very nice to add it to my routine.

I'm on your hands Gabi, as you noticed you know that I'm practicing very hard and I really want to improve my playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 04:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the difference in that part that I was saying is rhythm. (talking about this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/ACDC-C...e-I-Hard-Rock/) If you check the tab, the changes goes in the last 8th note of the beat, instead of the first beat of the following measure. I marked the part that I mean with bold font.

E5         G5    D        A5       E     A     E     E5  
H. E E Q E E E E E E E E E E E E E E
---------------------|-------3--3--2--2--2--5--|--5--4--4--5--5--4--4--0--|
---------------------|-------3--3--3--3--3--5--|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--0--|
--L------------L-----|-------------------------|--------------------------|
--L------------L--2--|-------------------------|--------------------------|
--L------------L--2--|-------------------------|--------------------------|
------------------0--|-------------------------|--------------------------|

The main issue in your take is timing, you change the chord a bit after or before. I think that you need to make your internal timing count more precise. Following the rhythm with your foot can really help. Regarding the lead lesson, please tell me which licks are giving issues.

Now let's talk about your routine. It looks great but I think that we could make it even more complete. Let's start with the basic sub topics:

Warming up (20 minutes)
Picking Arpeggios
Spider Exercise

HOUR 1

- Alternate Picking (25 minutes)

- Rhythm Lesson (10 minutes)
AC/DC Hard Rock Rhythm Lesson

- Legato (25 minutes)
Legato Stamina

HOUR 2

- Vibrato & Bending (15 minutes)
Lesson suggested: TASTY ETUDE

- Rhythm Lesson (20 minutes)

- Theory (15 minutes)
Learn 1 new thing every day from this thread: THEORY BOARD

- Jamming (10 minutes)

What do you think of something like that?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 23 2013, 09:15 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 23 2013, 05:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome let's do it. I can add another 30 minutes to the routine.

I'll practice the AC/DC rhythm lesson as you say, and I'll let you know tonight about the licks on the lead lesson that are giving me a hard time.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 08:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 23 2013, 01:02 PM) *
Awesome let's do it. I can add another 30 minutes to the routine.

I'll practice the AC/DC rhythm lesson as you say, and I'll let you know tonight about the licks on the lead lesson that are giving me a hard time.

Ok! I'll start adding links into your routine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 23 2013, 09:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot for takeing the time to coach mi my friend, I'm really greatfull about that.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2013, 02:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 23 2013, 05:26 PM) *
Thanks a lot for takeing the time to coach mi my friend, I'm really greatfull about that.

My pleasure mate! smile.gif

I added some lessons in the routine plan, have you checked it?

We could add the 3 AP lessons that you were already working... what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 24 2013, 02:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome Gab, let's add the three alternate picking lessons.

I did the practice routine yesterday, so I spend a couple of more minutes learning the warming up lesson from Ben, learning the legatto lesson, and the tasty Etude. But it was a very fun practice. I found my rhythm mistake on the AC/AC lesson, thanks for pointing that out.

So should I upload videos for the AP, Legatto lesson or just should I keep you informed about my progress. I think I can upload a new version of the AC/DC lesson today or tomorrow , and I'll upload a take for the tasty etude tomorrow or saturday.

Thanks for the help mate.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2013, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 24 2013, 10:39 AM) *
Awesome Gab, let's add the three alternate picking lessons.

I did the practice routine yesterday, so I spend a couple of more minutes learning the warming up lesson from Ben, learning the legatto lesson, and the tasty Etude. But it was a very fun practice. I found my rhythm mistake on the AC/AC lesson, thanks for pointing that out.

So should I upload videos for the AP, Legatto lesson or just should I keep you informed about my progress. I think I can upload a new version of the AC/DC lesson today or tomorrow , and I'll upload a take for the tasty etude tomorrow or saturday.

Thanks for the help mate.

Hi mate, great to know that your did the routine and that you enjoyed it! smile.gif Regarding posting videos, it's not necessary to post videos of the lessons that we use for training but feel free to do it if you want some feedback.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Oct 30 2013, 02:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Update.

Hey Gab. Just a quick update. I did 4 sessions of 3 hours last week, on saturday I practiced only acoustic guitar and on sunday I took a break.

This week I did a 3 hour session on monday and a 2 hour session yesterday, so far I haven't increased the speed on legato an alternate picking lesson.

I already learned the Tasty Etude but haven't had the chance to record because I'm moving to a new place. Still working on the rhythm lesson I'm practicing very slowly to get it right.

I hope I can upload something this week, but I've been working disciplined and I wanted to let you know.

Thanks my friend.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2013, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Oct 30 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Update.

Hey Gab. Just a quick update. I did 4 sessions of 3 hours last week, on saturday I practiced only acoustic guitar and on sunday I took a break.

This week I did a 3 hour session on monday and a 2 hour session yesterday, so far I haven't increased the speed on legato an alternate picking lesson.

I already learned the Tasty Etude but haven't had the chance to record because I'm moving to a new place. Still working on the rhythm lesson I'm practicing very slowly to get it right.

I hope I can upload something this week, but I've been working disciplined and I wanted to let you know.

Thanks my friend.

Hi mate, thanks for the update. I think that practising on acoustic on Saturdays is a good idea, as well as resting on Sunday. Do you find the routine enjoyable?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 22 2013, 02:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Gabi,

After a couple of long weeks I got back to practice, as I told you I was moving, but now I have everything in place. So to get back with the workout ou I manage to upload a REC take for the Tasty Etude, one of the lessons you gave me. Please take a look at it and let me know if I should work on another lesson or if I should re upload a better version.

Thanks my friend, and let's get back to work.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2013, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome back! Nice to hear that you are ready to continue working hard. I think that your take on the Tasty Etude is really good and that you just need more days of practice to make some of the faster licks sounds even clearer and then give an extra feeling to it. But I'll grade it as 9 so there is just a bit of room to improve it. Well done!!

Let's start working on a new routine.

Warming up (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-...jor-7th-Chords/

HOUR 1

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ratt-Style/

- Legato (25 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/

HOUR 2

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rage-A...-Machine-Style/

- Theory (15 minutes)

- Jamming (10 minutes)

Ok, I added suggestions for each topic. Please tell me what you think and feel free to suggest other lessons in the cases that you prefer.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 22 2013, 03:37 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 22 2013, 03:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 22 2013, 08:46 AM) *
Hi mate! Welcome back! Nice to hear that you are ready to continue working hard. I think that your take on the Tasty Etude is really good and that you just need more days of practice to make some of the faster licks sounds even clearer and then give an extra feeling to it. But I'll grade it as 9 so there is just a bit of room to improve it. Well done!!

Let's start working on a new routine.

Warming up (20 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-...jor-7th-Chords/

HOUR 1

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Ratt-Style/

- Legato (25 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/

HOUR 2

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/jimi_h...string_bending/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rage-A...-Machine-Style/

- Theory (15 minutes)

- Jamming (10 minutes)

Ok, I added suggestions for each topic. Please tell me what you think and feel free to suggest other lessons in the cases that you prefer.

Awesome workout, that Rage Against the machine lesson was on my list of lessons to learn you know that I love that band, and it inspires me to write my own songs.

I did a REC take on the Jimi Hendrix a couple of years ago, take a look a it https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry374670

Of course I'll learn it again.

Nice workout. I'll start today and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot Gabi.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Cool! I'm glad to know that you liked the new routine! I checked your take on Hendrix lesson and it was really good! Let's use other lesson, here are some suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 22 2013, 03:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 22 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Cool! I'm glad to know that you liked the new routine! I checked your take on Hendrix lesson and it was really good! Let's use other lesson, here are some suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

Both lessons sound awesome, I'll start with Max lesson.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2013, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Nov 22 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Both lessons sound awesome, I'll start with Max lesson.

Great!! Added to the routine. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 26 2013, 04:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Update

Hey gabi just to give you an update. I already learn the alternate picking lesson and I can play it at 80bpm at the moment, I'll be increasing the speed slowly and I'm confident that I will be able to play it at full speed. The legato lesson I'm playing it at 100 bpm, and I'm feeling my fingers stronger everyday.

Already learnt the RATT lesson, but I feel that I have to play it tighter. I hope I can upload a rece take soon.

I'm learning the bending lesson and I'll start learning the Rage lesson today.

On a side note, I decided to practice AP with an angle, and I change the pick, I was using a 3.0 mm stubby and now I'm using a Jazz III, but sometimes I feel that I'm going to lose the pick, it's like because of the sweat a lose the grip of the pick. What can you recommend me to improve that. This started when I started playing with the picking angle, before that I didn't feel that.

Thanks my friend.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 11:01 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the update. It seems that the routine is working successfully and I'm feeling very proud of you. I'm very curious to see videos of your current progress and to give some early feedback. I think that we will be able to add new lessons to the routine in a week or maybe less.

Regarding your pick, this is interesting, because it's something that happened to me when I tried a smaller pick (playing standing up) and my solution has been to use a bigger one. I didn't find any advantage of getting used to the smaller pick so I got back to normal or even bigger picks. My favorite is Dunlop Tortex Sharp and nowadays my custom Vonhotch picks which are very similar in shape.

Are you using these ones?

Attached Image

If you are using them, the max grip should be helping to avoid loosing the pick. My suggestion would be to hold the pick stronger and experiment a bit more with the angle, to see if you feel comfortable.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 2 2013, 05:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm going to look for those kind of picks the Jazz III that I'm using doesn't have that kind of grip.

Here's my entry for the Day and Night Collab, what do you think?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's cool to see you creating music. To be honest, the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the solo, is that the composition needs more development. I think that is has a good balance between melody and more technical stuff but while the melodies could be more memorable, the trickier parts sound a bit like exercises. Sorry if I'm being too dramatic but I think that honest comments are the ones that help us to become better. By the way, the take is ok, it's very well player and it works for the collab but I think that these things are the things that you should have in mind to work on. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:46 AM